Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Goal - 23 Nov 17

Rhino Keeper
    Agree wholeheartedly with you, pixie.. It would have been so much better if they just re-release the appliance and even if it doesn't come with the new recipes, I'm cool with it too.

Their timing should be few days after the sale, a week at the very least. So that players have time to earn a bit more coins to spend on the appliances / recipes after their spending spree. Players can also choose whether or not to participate in the goal. Moving the goal after the sale will allow players to purchase whatever stuff they've coveted for a long time, rather than spending them on appliances with recipes that they may, or may not unlock in time. So again, it's really heartless of S8 to release it before big sales. Then again, the sales only occur once a year? Still means that S8 gotta work on their timing tho.

It's so difficult to redecorate these days without draining my coins and having hundreds of counters taking over precious space..together with the stress of finishing the goals on time.. and abysmal profits. /sigh I guess that they choosing recipes that have low servings will compensate for it, but that works better in BS rather than RS, imo. The bots in RS eat too fast. The amount of servings is too little for too long cooking times. That is really annoying.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Farm Supplier
    Perfectly happy with a goal - any - today.
    There's a world outside the USA, not celebrating thanksgiving and black Friday because they have no clue what it is.
    We get goals on OUR holidays and I don't hear anybody complaining....

Happy cooking!

Farm Supplier
    I agree, i haven't completed a goal in 2 months. I just don't care. I don't like the prizes or the rushing. Or the scores of money... bla

Rhino Keeper
    Name:  T6.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  67.5 KB
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Quote Originally Posted by mkj99 View Post
    Perfectly happy with a goal - any - today.
    There's a world outside the USA, not celebrating thanksgiving and black Friday because they have no clue what it is.
    We get goals on OUR holidays and I don't hear anybody complaining....

Happy cooking!

i'm from europe too, but i don't see anyone specially complaining about holidays here
    the point of complaints is timing in whole.
    no matter holidays or not, the schedule is too tight. like "the last breath before..."
    and, i'm absolutely sure that nothing requiring step-to-step actions have to be released for weekend only.
    weekend are for fun. sales? ok. it's fun. but not goals.
    i agree with ms. pixie. it cd be just good old "gift from storm8", like it was before.

updates on wednesdays were JUST PERFECT!
    everybody knows when it happens, anyone can be prepared.
    mid week anywhere.
    anyone knows that if he even doesn't come right today and couple days after - no content will run forever during this time.
    and goals... we got special goals prior month to each holiday. even beginners had enough time to complete the goal and to remodel their places right by holiday. AND just take rest enjoying their new places and visiting friends on holiday itself
    THAT is what we are all tending to do in real life: working hard to get great holidays / weekends and it was really good when our games went the same way

here's additional info from my good neighbor:

Part 3
    6 Chicken Pot Pie (oven, 8hr)
    3 Turkey Casserole (turkey cooker, 4hr)
    3 Turkey Au Gratin (turkey cooker, 4??? hr)

Part 4
    4 Herb Crusted Pork (stove, 5hr)
    5 Pumpkin Pie (oven, 22hr)
    6 Rosemary Turkey (turkey cooker, 8hr)
    7 Cold Turkey (turkey cooker, 8??? hr)

Prize: Thanksgiving Feast

Last edited by VanaCatu; 11-24-17 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post

Part 3

Part 4

Prize: Thanksgiving Feast
    Thank you so much vanacatu 😊😊

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post

Part 3

Part 4

Prize:
    Thanksgiving Feast:

Thank you for this, VanaCatu..

but OMG 4, 5, 6, 7 servings??? How cruel are they?!?!?

welcome guys

yep. too much. i only have 6 turkey cookers, so i wd need 3 sessions x 8hrs at the end...
    interesting, will i get in time?

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    i'm going to rant here, but honestly... These goals are just. So. Unnecessary.

Was there really any incentive to release them at this specific time??? The november 9 goals just ended. There's a black friday sale (presumably) coming up tomorrow. The dust has barely settled (and wasn't going to settle) in this game before this other goal popped up. And thanksgiving has already happened; the theme of these goals makes no sense for the timing of their release.

Don't get me wrong, i'm happy for those players who wanted this appliance back (and new recipes, whoo~), but can we seriously just get a break from these back-to-back goals?? There doesn't need to be constant activity in this game to make it enjoyable - in fact, the overloading of goals is causing it to be the opposite, and i've started skipping many goals for this reason.

I logged into my game tonight to collect tips and relax by playing around with my resto design. These goals are the last thing i want to do, and even though i recognize there are players who do not celebrate thanksgiving, for those people who are celebrating, it's really crummy to find that these were released on a night when people are gathering with their friends and family. The "necessity" to complete goals should not supersede wanting to spend time with loved ones, or just wanting to have a break in general.

I think this is a tipping point for me specifically because, really, nothing would have been affected if this goal had not been released. As a potential timeline:

Nov 9 - harvest goals started
    nov 23 - harvest goals ended
    nov 24 - black friday sale starts
    nov 27 - black friday sale ends*

*this is operating under the assumption sales would last through the weekend - considering we've seen weekend sales and cyber monday extensions in previous years, it's not too bold to assume so.

So, that leaves nov 28, 29, and 30 left in the month. In my opinion, this would have been a great, and much-appreciated, little refresher before potential goals on december 1.

Really, i think this update would have benefited much better by being more like a "surprise! Happy thanksgiving; here's a little gift from us to you for the holiday!" kind of update - just the appliance released to the public (with or without the three additional recipes), with no ill-timed associated goal line. It's too much, and though i don't have high hopes for the rest of the year, i really do hope the timing of the goals (and between goals) will be much, much better in 2018
    i have not got the sale!! Does anyone got the sale, i m very sad now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast