Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by jesslc41 View Post
    PM stands for private message.
    Thank you!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    I would suggest the Wizard School as you can collect from it several times a day and get more energy by collecting Spellbooks from your libraries.
    I agree, I have 1 Wizard School that gives 8 energies each time, so I can get at least 24 energies a day during events..but the alicorns are so stingy, usually only 4-5 energies a day

Rhino Keeper
    Advice wanted - I'm tossing up between a gentleman troll, a flower power alicorn or a lemon tree. Already bought a golden mine and I have exactly 100 gems left.

Lemon tree - it's the only fruit tree I don't have, so it would allow me to do delicious trades from time to time and slowly build up more gems. On the other hand, it's not on sale and it's also available to buy all year round unlike the other two options - so I could save up for it after the sale is over and my new golden mine will help with that (Yay!).

Gentleman troll - I always need more coins and a regular source of troll horns would mean being able to do the troll hunter trade regularly instead of once in a blue moon.

But I want to know - will my neverending need for more coins disappear when I get to higher levels, and render Mr gentleman troll redundant? In RS 2 I eventually reached a point where I was overflowing with coins. I am currently level 28 in CS and coins is probably my most limiting resource (them and iron ore). But if he's going to become redundant because I'll get to a point where I have enough coins soon/ish then I'd rather use my gems for something else.

Flowerpower alicorn - more energy is always useful. Always. But 4 energy a day (with a rare chance of more) is not much and I do already have 2 wizards schools for energy. Also I do think it's the ugliest of the alicorns but I can't afford any of the others (and I think the gentleman troll is pretty ugly too).

Opinions on what should I buy? Will Mr gentleman troll become redundant for me and end up being a waste of gems?

Rhino Keeper
    Advice wanted - I'm tossing up between a gentleman troll, a flower power alicorn or a lemon tree. Already bought a golden mine and I have exactly 100 gems left.

Lemon tree - it's the only fruit tree I don't have, so it would allow me to do delicious trades from time to time and slowly build up more gems. On the other hand, it's not on sale and it's also available to buy all year round unlike the other two options - so I could save up for it after the sale is over and my new golden mine will help with that (Yay!).

Gentleman troll - I always need more coins and a regular source of troll horns would mean being able to do the troll hunter trade regularly instead of once in a blue moon.

But I want to know - will my neverending need for more coins disappear when I get to higher levels, and render Mr gentleman troll redundant? In RS 2 I eventually reached a point where I was overflowing with coins. I am currently level 28 in CS and coins is probably my most limiting resource (them and iron ore). But if he's going to become redundant because I'll get to a point where I have enough coins soon/ish then I'd rather use my gems for something else.

Flowerpower alicorn - more energy is always useful. Always. But 4 energy a day (with a rare chance of more) is not much and I do already have 2 wizards schools for energy. Also I do think it's the ugliest of the alicorns but I can't afford any of the others (and I think the gentleman troll is pretty ugly too).

Opinions on what should I buy? Will Mr gentleman troll become redundant for me and end up being a waste of gems?
    In my opinion I would go for either the alicorn or troll leaning more towards the troll as you will need a huge amount of coin for the mermaid quests just to expand there is 500000 it is a very coin hungry quest so in my opinion the troll is the best option I'm seriously going to buy a second one just waiting to see if they may by some slight chance to surprise us with cyber Monday and put love shack in the market. Good luck on whatever you choose.

Rhino Keeper

You have a chance at getting the tree from adventures if you send enough out (I've gotten 3 so far)

I like alis for the possibility of higher drop rates as up until recently they are/were a rare commodity for my kingdom

I bought the troll which I highly recommend you buy, money for goal completion and expanding (especially the mermaid quest line) is outrageously expensive. And I have been a lvl 50 player for some time. If I still had gems (lol) I would buy a second and third troll!
    Good luck

Rhino Keeper
    Advice please. Buy 1 or 2 golden mines or a some alicorns? I have 3 golden mines already. Planning on getting the troll guy.

I get so frustrated when the mines want to constantly drop golden eggs and golden apples which end up being maxed on a lot of the time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Advice please. Buy 1 or 2 golden mines or a some alicorns? I have 3 golden mines already. Planning on getting the troll guy.

I get so frustrated when the mines want to constantly drop golden eggs and golden apples which end up being maxed on a lot of the time.
    If you have 3 already, go for the troll and alis. The golden mines are remarkably similar to fangbeast during a monster hunt! Lol you pretty much get EVERYTHING else but what you need at that time, AND I've noticed that when you have 2 or more mines they tend to have the same exact item drop in tandem. So not worth the expense in my opinion.
    Good luck

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueDagger View Post
    If you have 3 already, go for the troll and alis. The golden mines are remarkably similar to fangbeast during a monster hunt! Lol you pretty much get EVERYTHING else but what you need at that time, AND I've noticed that when you have 2 or more mines they tend to have the same exact item drop in tandem. So not worth the expense in my opinion.
    Good luck
    I agree. I have 3 golden mines and feel that is plenty to build up a good gold supply.

I love my Gentleman Troll so much that I got him a buddy during the Black Friday sale - although I have them set up so that it looks like they are going after each other with their umbrellas It's quite amusing. I always need more troll horns for the exchange trade - especially since we are burning through so many coins lately.

So if you are already planning on getting the Gentleman Troll, I would focus on the Flower Power Alicorns, since they are a bit cheaper than the other daily alicorns.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueDagger View Post
    You have a chance at getting the tree from adventures if you send enough out (I've gotten 3 so far)

I like alis for the possibility of higher drop rates as up until recently they are/were a rare commodity for my kingdom

I bought the troll which I highly recommend you buy, money for goal completion and expanding (especially the mermaid quest line) is outrageously expensive. And I have been a lvl 50 player for some time. If I still had gems (lol) I would buy a second and third troll!
    Good luck
    I agree with this as well. Most of my orchard came from doing the adventures (can't remember which one) and you also have a chance for trees now in the "Free Gift" videos. And they may put the Lemonade Stand back in the Baron's Tent. So I wouldn't use gems for the trees.

And as I said in my previous post, I'm a huge fan of the Gentleman Troll (his animation is very cute and the troll horns come in handy!) and 100 gems is a good deal for the Flower Power Alicorns. They aren't my favorite design, but it is nice having the extra flower petal drops and they have a fairly good chance of giving you more than 4 energy.

Farm Supplier
    I bought 3 gentleman trolls, specifically for the Troll Hunter trade. They have a one hour timer, and drops include all 3 items needed for the trade. I'm level 50, and I always need coins. Expansions, events, adventures, and certain building supplies require coin. So for me, this was the best item available on sale.