Thread: need dragon combinations to get certain Ultra dragons

New Resident

Unhappy need dragon combinations to get certain Ultra dragons

Having a hard time getting those event dragons I think I have missed out on so help a person out I am on 111 level but have not really gotten anywhere I need to know how to get more gold without buying it

more friends

Fashion Designer
    Most event/prize dragons are not available through breeding, so there are no combinations for them. You can only get them from the event, and the dragons are considered "expired" when the event is done. They sometimes rerelease a prize dragon a few months after the event, so you may be able to get ones you have missed later on. When they do rerelease a formerly prize-only dragon for breeding, it's usually only available for 4-5 days.

Other than what friends send, there is no way to get gold without buying it- whether through sales or through gold-producing dragons. They removed all the gold perks and ways to earn gold about a year ago.

As for the events, most have been changed to pay-to-win. World Events can no longer be completed without spending gold/money, so it's best to just kiss that final dragon goodbye, forever. It sucks, but it's realistic.

For the other events, your best bet is to save up a LOT of food. Shoot for having a minimum of 300,000 food in stock at all times. Once you get there, up it to 500,000 at all times. More is better. If you don't feed any dragons other than what is absolutely necessary, and constantly plant and harvest Rushrooms, Upgrapes, and Diamond Dates, you can save up a surprising amount of food in a month's time.

Dragon Tales always take between 300,000-400,000 food. If you plan right, can breed the common dragon needed in Chapter 5 or 6 (this time, it is Gloriosa), and have the food, the Tales can be completed without using gold. Time management is as important as the food. Players (thankfully!) post all the requirements/Chapters in the Tales threads, usually on the first day of the event, so you can plan ahead.

For LBs, unless you luck out and get a good group, whoever spends the most money/gold will win. Ignore the "Grand Prize" and focus on the milestones. Make your own goals and "Grand Prize." If you don't or can't buy gold, this is the only way to enjoy LB events. Using food can earn a lot of points. I only feed my dragons during LB events. The spins/points chests can make a big difference, too. If you are in one of the top 3 spots, you will get almost all low-point chests and chests with decorations in them.

S8 has made the game pay-to-win, so expectations have to be adjusted accordingly. Otherwise, it is impossible to enjoy the game and to resist smashing your device in frustration.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 11-23-17 at 12:17 AM.