View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

130 51.79%
  • Neutral

73 29.08%
  • Disagree

38 15.14%
  • I didn't participate

9 3.59%
  • I won all individual prizes (incl Soup Kitchen)

182 72.51%
  • Yes I crafted a troll thief

150 59.76%
  • No I didn't craft a troll thief

86 34.26%
  • Yes I crafted the Wild Turkey

137 54.58%
  • No I didn't craft a Wild Turkey

103 41.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/16: Community Event | The Soup Kitchen | goals in post 2-3

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    I wouldn't give up this early in the event. If you stocked up on acorns, did you also get several sparkle truffles from the logs? If so, you'll be able to go on the adventure. The adventure also can drop the bitter beans that you need from the skunks. So it's another source. It can also drop the donation boxes and seasoning. I've been sending the adventure every 4 hrs. and it's extremely helpful.

Also, the monsters cycle around. I was inundated with skunks this morning then they slowed down this evening. So there's a good chance your skunk luck will improve.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
    I have 5 of the truffles, so presumably could do an adventure. But this thread isn't encouraging for the drops. I gather it requires gold, which is off putting. The skunks just seem to have gone elsewhere. My head says it's too soon to quit, but my heart says so much in my Kingdom is losing out while I waste energy chasing beasties. I'll keep going for now but it's depressing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I have 5 of the truffles, so presumably could do an adventure. But this thread isn't encouraging for the drops. I gather it requires gold, which is off putting. The skunks just seem to have gone elsewhere. My head says it's too soon to quit, but my heart says so much in my Kingdom is losing out while I waste energy chasing beasties. I'll keep going for now but it's depressing.
    Well, there's always that random factor for drops from the adventure. But it's been good to me so far. Good luck!
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Farm Supplier
    100 meal tickets for a chapter prize... dang. I question my memory, even though I play daily and every event, but I have a brain stem abnormality so I forget extremely easily (even info I heard seconds or minutes before sometimes) So I never really know if I am remembering right or not. But we dont usually get tickets at the end of goals do we? I think once we maybe got 1 whole ticket as the final prize for completing ALL the goals. (It is always super random the things I remember!) thats how shocking that 1 ticket was! It stuck with me that hard. Lol

I am really liking this event. Yes there are some things in each kingdom that are harder: for example, I have found 2 skunks this entire time, my acorn drops are lower than most, not horrible though and my mines have never dropped a collection box every collection. Each time I am lucky if 1 mine drops one. But Im not complaining about it just giving an example. This is the best event we have had in a long time. Yes we might not love that the troll only gives water but they didnt even need to give us the option to tame the troll and then if it didnt drop anything people would have said (because I remember specifically this from the past) people saying, ?it cant drop anything? Id be fine with even just water. Thats better than nothing.? So they probably thought they were doing good by you. Making sure you ALWAYS are able to tame every single creature for all the completionists and then having it drop something.

I dont know about you but I feel like if each of our kingdoms didnt have a little rough spot it would be way too easy.. (Im not talking about all events here in the past they have been completely unfair and awful) but sometimes that arent that bad. I feel like people complain too quickly. If all of these complaints were truly gone.., would you really want to play a game with no challenge?

Now the prizes, they have is Autumn decos which were asked for quite a bit in the forum vote BUT even BETTER! they gave us a building that drops food items!! Usually this type of building would be the last individual prize of an extremely hard challenge and a lot of us would not get it. Getting even better, they made it the last COMMUNITY PRIZE, so we can all have an even better chance of getting this new building that drops food items. This has been asked for for a LONG time on the forums. I feel terrible for the devs who think they gave us this great thanksgiving challenge with the opportunity to earn these great prizes way easier than usual and everyone is complaining and wanting to quit already. Did you see how many free meal tickets they are giving us just by finishing the goals? I believe 190?

This whole post is good spirited. Im just trying to get everyone to look at this from a different perspective. If you dont like the individual prizes, maybe dont give up, maybe take an idea from the soup kitchen theme and help your fellow players earn the community rewards. We should all be able to earn all of those without doing much.

Lets be thankful for this one. I really think they tried here.

I respect and have love for all of you💚

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Chapter 9 - Negotiations With the Pig

I heard that yes! I'll get a potion ready for him in a minute.

Ask neighbors for 20 RSVPs 0/20 Ask (Skip 160 gems)
    (Make sure they know about the Soup Kitchen!)

Upgrade the Soup Kitchen to Lv. 6 0/1 Go
    (I'll change the Baron back when this is finished.)

Lv. 6 - 8 Filling Feasts, 8 Roasted Nuts, 8 Skunkucopia

Rewards: 1,000 coins, 25 xp, 100 meal tickets
    Do you remember how many warm blankets? Thanks for the info - it is very helpful to players who are behind you.

Executive Chef
    I really hate that the make goals don't autocomplete on this one. Now that the requirements are going up I guess I will stop cooking stuff and just stock up. Any chance one of our math whizzes out there has done the calculations on how many of each item we need. This tedious event coupled with the elves asking for mermaid items and tanking my ability to do elven trades has really put me in a bad mood.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    I really hate that the make goals don't autocomplete on this one. Now that the requirements are going up I guess I will stop cooking stuff and just stock up. Any chance one of our math whizzes out there has done the calculations on how many of each item we need. This tedious event coupled with the elves asking for mermaid items and tanking my ability to do elven trades has really put me in a bad mood.
    See post #4
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    See post #4
    Thanks! I thought that I had read the entire thread but I guess I missed some.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by karak71 View Post
    Exactly! The Barron can, well, bite my toe.....
    LOL, I wasn't thinking of my toe, but your way is much more PC!

Executive Chef
    The barometric pressure is messing with my head but I don't get the math concerning acorns. The chart indicates we need 60 for level 3, but we just need 3 roasted nut recipes to upgrade. I come up with 15 acorns needed to cook 3 recipes. Where am I going wrong? I know it's probably something right in front of me that I'm not seeing.

Edit: never mind it's the other recipes required too. I knew it was something stupid!

Well I'm still going to blame it on the weather front moving in. Hah!
    Btw I got a total of 63 needed.
    Last edited by riverly; 11-18-17 at 10:19 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhook View Post

Id be fine with even just water. Thats better than nothing.?

Now the prizes, .... they gave us a building that drops food items!!
    I really think they tried here.

I respect and have love for all of you��

Im certainly not just fine with water, when I have it already. If I am going to use energy/time and maybe even money on something, i'd like to get my money's worth and receive attractive prizes, that gives something new or more to the game. The Roast could fx give 3 bacon insted of 1 as the pig, so it makes it more attractable to achieve- It is human nature to want to achieve something extraordinary, if you're going to invest a lot of effort into the mission.

You mention a community prize building that gives food, no such thing – the Soup Couldron is described as deco only. The individual prize the Hearty Stand is deco as well.

This is why I have stopped crafting in the event. I wish I had read up on all of it before I even began, but now im on lev.3 in the Soup Kithen, because I went ahead in the naive beleif, that ofcurse it would be worth my effort, untill I read up on SpiritWind's fine text material. Now im done with crafting, and the tickets i chose to collect will make me a cute deco from one or more of the prizes, but these are not prices I will work for, since they are deco only/function with drops of stuff we already have.

By the way SpiritWind00; all this text material, I assume you get the information from the developers and pass on to us, which is awesome, thanks? Don't you earn anything at all on that or is it just your personal interest?
    Anyway the developers needs to pass on the message about what all new gadgets does in their game, how else can they expect gamers to go for the prizes? Guess I'm used to a bit more...big Skyrim player fx, and this little cute game certainly has lower standards :-) but I used money on it, because gaming, even cute little (compared to what else I play fx Skyrim) games like these amuses me and I like to try them out. That and I work with children and youngsters, and takes an interest in what they play, so I thought it would be a good investment.....but I can see it is perfectly possible to play the game without gem/real money purchase, it will just take a little longer time and effort, and this is the message I will pass on to ”my” kids, so long as the prices are, well, what the are :-)

I hope you all (at least S8) realize this is not a sour hickup, this is constructive criticism; pump it up a bit and S8 will have even more and happyer gamers, instead of losing some on the way, because they see through the quality of the prices. Better prices = better chance for possible real money purchase, just saying. I really think they tried too, I just want them to try better with some constructive criticism ;-)

Namaste
    TheRuneRealm