View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

130 51.79%
  • Neutral

73 29.08%
  • Disagree

38 15.14%
  • I didn't participate

9 3.59%
  • I won all individual prizes (incl Soup Kitchen)

182 72.51%
  • Yes I crafted a troll thief

150 59.76%
  • No I didn't craft a troll thief

86 34.26%
  • Yes I crafted the Wild Turkey

137 54.58%
  • No I didn't craft a Wild Turkey

103 41.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/16: Community Event | The Soup Kitchen | goals in post 2-3

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Smr1019 View Post
    Am I the only one with this problem. Earlier no boxes from sparkling mines..taped them both again and ..NOTHING AGAIN
    I don't think we can help you on the forum. You might need to report your issue in the bugs thread. The donation box isn't a guaranteed drop, but I always get one and sometimes two when I collect from both mines. Good luck.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Rhino Keeper
    Hi CS Folks!

First a BIG thank you to our Moderator and all the players who post tips. Luv you!

Observations I?d like to share:

1). The new Adventure- Help at soup kitchen didn?t impress me with what was dropped. I know it is random. I got acer sap, hearty eggs, glimmer eggs. 1-2 of each.

2). The yield of chopping of the various logs to get random drops acorns is too low, I know that?s how these events run. However, people need to purchase the logs and the cost adds up.

3). The yield of chopping the tree log to get random drops of truffle is dismal.

I don?t mind spending coins and using energy. I?m a long-time player, I just think that the game designers need to improve drop rates for all these community events because people miss out because they are busy and don?t have the time.

Thanks for listening!

Happy Chopping!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuneRealm View Post
    I am new to the game and I really like CS, the grafics are beautiful, the characters cute, the developers are creative, so THANK YOU for a wonderfull game.
    BUT; be specific, describe the prizes in your update threads, so there can be no confusion of what they are, and not just your fine describtions on how to get the prizes.

I hope I haven't upset anyone, Im really a nice person, I just want my money's worth so to speak :-)

Will the developers see this or should I write it in another sub forum?

Namaste
    TheRuneRealm
    The forums threads are not created by S8. The info on events etc is provided by fantastic players who give updates as they move through events. So the fact we have any info here is due to them.

SpiritWind (our wonderful moderator) is a player like us and does a great job of trying to get clarification from S8, when things are not clear.

Hope this helps you understand why information in these threads might not be complete at all times

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    The 3rd individual prize takes 125 meal tickets. It's the Hearty Stand that sells in the market for 200 gems, but apparently it doesn't have drops according to players that have purchased it.
    Thanks! Yes it's definitely decoration only... I have one. It's cute though.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    It?s not that I don?t want to feed the poor people with eggy garlic soup, but jeez this one is tedious! Too much purchasing of little logs, I haven?t had a blanket stealing troll all day and all the drops are few and far between. I may bail on this. How are other people doing?
    I haven't fully made up my mind on this one yet as it's early days, but I prefer the community prizes this around (much better than last time!) so will be happy if I just get those. Given I have only just upgraded to level 2 , that's probably what will happen

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuneRealm View Post

And like nateryd wrote, s8 need to work on their describtion s****s, I also thought the building would drop something and not just be a deco. There are also a lot of questionmarks in the describtion of the prices, as to what they drop. Like the Soup Cauldron, there's a q.mark on drop even though the type is deco. Does that mean it might drop something usefull some day, the developers just haven't thought of yet?

I will not spend time/energy/..... on poor prices, but if they were attractive, I would even consider spending real money to get there.

I am new to the game and I really like CS, the grafics are beautiful, the characters cute, the developers are creative, so THANK YOU for a wonderfull game.
    BUT; be specific, describe the prizes in your update threads, so there can be no confusion of what they are, and not just your fine describtions on how to get the prizes.

Will the developers see this or should I write it in another sub forum? Namaste, TheRuneRealm ...
    (extract of your post)
    Thanks for the feedback; it's ok, your post will be seen. I'm an advocate for better descriptions too! However, I do my best to include as much information as possible in the fastest time to help out the community - but it has to be posted by someone (sometimes me). It's the next best thing I hope! cheers.... SW

Rhino Keeper
    Haven't really kept up with what does and doesn't have drops. Deco seldom gets house room in my Kingdom, but I like the idea of the soup kitchen. It goes well with the food shelter from a previous event.

My problem is that I've seen precisely 3 skunks since the event began. I'm over stocked now with tomatoes and wheat, and have chopped so many acers and logs I am well supplied with jam and acorns. I refuse to waste gems on skunk traps.

I was planning to do the 'unlimited energy' thing as I have a little Google credit, but it seems a waste if I can't get the skunks, and that pack doesn't contain the bitter nuts.

Should I give up?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    Haven't really kept up with what does and doesn't have drops. Deco seldom gets house room in my Kingdom, but I like the idea of the soup kitchen. It goes well with the food shelter from a previous event.

My problem is that I've seen precisely 3 skunks since the event began. I'm over stocked now with tomatoes and wheat, and have chopped so many acers and logs I am well supplied with jam and acorns. I refuse to waste gems on skunk traps.

I was planning to do the 'unlimited energy' thing as I have a little Google credit, but it seems a waste if I can't get the skunks, and that pack doesn't contain the bitter nuts.

Should I give up?
    Too early to give up, there are plenty of days left

My kingdom is also suddenly infected with the fangbeasts who fled during the monster hunt, while the skunks are now hiding. And the mines didn't drop this morning. But in the end it will probably be Ivy's hut holding me back.

I suggest waiting with unlimited energy for now, until you know it will help you onward

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post

Should I give up?
    I wouldn't give up this early in the event. If you stocked up on acorns, did you also get several sparkle truffles from the logs? If so, you'll be able to go on the adventure. The adventure also can drop the bitter beans that you need from the skunks. So it's another source. It can also drop the donation boxes and seasoning. I've been sending the adventure every 4 hrs. and it's extremely helpful.

Also, the monsters cycle around. I was inundated with skunks this morning then they slowed down this evening. So there's a good chance your skunk luck will improve.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

Executive Chef
    Chapter 9 - Negotiations With the Pig

I heard that yes! I'll get a potion ready for him in a minute.

Ask neighbors for 20 RSVPs 0/20 Ask (Skip 160 gems)
    (Make sure they know about the Soup Kitchen!)

Upgrade the Soup Kitchen to Lv. 6 0/1 Go
    (I'll change the Baron back when this is finished.)

Lv. 6 - 8 Filling Feasts, 8 Roasted Nuts, 8 Skunkucopia

Rewards: 1,000 coins, 25 xp, 100 meal tickets