View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this event?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

130 51.79%
  • Neutral

73 29.08%
  • Disagree

38 15.14%
  • I didn't participate

9 3.59%
  • I won all individual prizes (incl Soup Kitchen)

182 72.51%
  • Yes I crafted a troll thief

150 59.76%
  • No I didn't craft a troll thief

86 34.26%
  • Yes I crafted the Wild Turkey

137 54.58%
  • No I didn't craft a Wild Turkey

103 41.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/16: Community Event | The Soup Kitchen | goals in post 2-3

I can't help but think in the rush to get something new out every week, not only do the dev's continually miss stuff (the Gothic Keep's don't work, rewarding the wrong items on goals), but they completely miss the 'playability' factor in these updates. I mean, we should be on here going 'Wow! This is such a great and fun event!' even if it's time consuming and long. Instead we're pulling our hair out (and wasting energy) trying to figure out where the skunks are hiding, or wasting time on items that don't give what they promised (leaf pile, tree logs). I hope for Christmas events they, take a page out of Santa's book and tell Scrooge to take a hike!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm actually finding this a fairly relaxing and fun event (love anything that needs to be cooked and looking forward to having food items dropped from new buildings). Yes, skunks are far and few between, its energy intensive, and waiting for Ivy can be difficult for us Type A personalities. But we have eight more days, and the amounts required to level up to level 6 are quite reasonable compared to other events. I just keep taking a deep breath, telling myself the world won't end if I don't get done a week early, and go back to cleaning the house to get ready for thanksgiving.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BufftonHeights View Post
    I'm actually finding this a fairly relaxing and fun event (love anything that needs to be cooked and looking forward to having food items dropped from new buildings). Yes, skunks are far and few between, its energy intensive, and waiting for Ivy can be difficult for us Type A personalities. But we have eight more days, and the amounts required to level up to level 6 are quite reasonable compared to other events. I just keep taking a deep breath, telling myself the world won't end if I don't get done a week early, and go back to cleaning the house to get ready for thanksgiving.
    I'm glad you are enjoying the event. Ivy doesn't bother me, it's designed to allow a few missed Ivy collections. It's those skunks. At the rate Skunks are (not) appearing in my kingdom, I will not be able to finish. Since the USA has a family intense and travel holiday, I will miss out on probably 48 hours worth of play. There is no way I can chop enough whatever to get skunks for 17 more feasts, that's 34 more skunks. I've only found 12 so far (still need 34) and once I got enough onion, that's all I've been concentrating on.

�� S8 insists on creating these events where you MUST play 24/7 for the chance to complete them. I have no desire to "rush" through. I'd just like events that have attainable goals that begin each day, you finish the goal, have time for the rest of your kingdom and await the next tasks.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 11-21-17 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by storiadelcastello View Post
    Hope this doesn?t jinx me but I?ve had some luck with plant in a log. Managed to start my first skunkupea which needed 50 blue petals a plus is I?m getting blue petals from theplant in a log plus sometimes skunkupines. My beast lair has only given me one skunk. The spices are really the only thing holding me back but I should get there in time. Got one skunk from wheat but had to harvest quite a lot. I think the plant in log is the best option as you also get acorns and truffles which you need. Good luck everyone
    Thank you for this! I hadn't tried Lair of Beasts and that got me one. Is there anyone at Storm8 that works full time AND plays all the events in their off-time?

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I'm glad you are enjoying the event. Ivy doesn't bother me, it's designed to allow a few missed Ivy collections. It's those skunks. At the rate Skunks are (not) appearing in my kingdom, I will not be able to finish. Since the USA has a family intense and travel holiday, I will miss out on probably 48 hours worth of play. There is no way I can chop enough whatever to get skunks for 17 more feasts, that's 34 more skunks. I've only found 12 so far (still need 34) and once I got enough onion, that's all I've been concentrating on.

�� S8 insists on creating these events where you MUST play 24/7 for the chance to complete them. I have no desire to "rush" through. I'd just like events that have attainable goals that begin each day, you finish the goal, have time for the rest of your kingdom and await the next tasks.
    Why S8 continues to have random drops(acorns & those truffle brains)/spawns in all the timed quests is beyond me.

The frustration level creates a lot of animosity & players just give up ... & some, maybe a lot, will just quit CS entirely. Have had several neighbors do that in the last few weeks.

Please take the randomness out of timed goals, S8!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Why S8 continues to have random drops(acorns & those truffle brains)/spawns in all the timed quests is beyond me.

The frustration level creates a lot of animosity & players just give up ... & some, maybe a lot, will just quit CS entirely. Have had several neighbors do that in the last few weeks.

Please take the randomness out of timed goals, S8!

I agree. I have lost neighbors, too, including level 50 neighbors who decided the game wasn't fun for them anymore. I have many more neighbors with unconstructed buildings they can't take off their board, and most of my neighbors aren't starting the goals at all. The rare drops are ruining the game IMHO.

Fashion Designer
    new 10$ pack with ONE [cough] spice, 2 golden nuggets, 10 special truffles, 1 autumn leaf piles, 1 donation box, 40 glimmer acorns, 1 seeds [from the skunks]
    debatable... i'd like that extra leaf pile as deco

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Can you force close your game (so you get the loading screen again) and then check inventory. You might have to go back a few pages to see it. If not, please send Elsa a PM (click on her name left of screen and send a PM)
    I sent her PM. Thank you!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post

I’m getting more luck with planting corn for skunkupine. Get 2/3 out of every 12 corn. It’s cheaper & less energy. Maxed out on corn so just planting for those pesky skunkupine

Rhino Keeper
    My soup kitchen just dropped a pasta!!!! YAYYYYY