Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tipping, Not Tipping, Silent Tipping Questions... Please Help :)

Tipping, Not Tipping, Silent Tipping Questions... Please Help :)

Please understand I mean NO OFFENSE at all with this post! This is not an argument, it's a quest for knowledge!!

Tips!!!

I don't get it and I don't understand.

I have neighbor's who want me to write on their walls when I tip instead of silent tipping. I understand some neighbors don't like silent tipping because only so many show up under news (I think it's 10-15 any more than that & they fall off) & they miss tipping those people back because they didn't know I tipped them. Personally, I feel that's my risk & that's the risk of ANYONE who silent tips.

If I choose to silent tip, it might not show up & you might not tip me back. I know this & I'm ok with that.

For me, I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is a zero so long as:
    1.. my neighbor's are gifting usable parts daily.
    2.. If I write on their wall requesting certain parts, they gift me those parts.
    2.. They are gifting me goal parts when a goal is taking place
    3.. They are responding & accepting/sending material requests for parts I send them so I can build things.

I completely respect my neighbors & their requests & will follow through with writing on their wall of that's what they want.

I tip. I usually keep my tipping rate at a 3/4. I've had some health issues lately & fell to a 2 & I ļpulled it back up once my health allowed me. I also do my best to follow my own rules & gift all my neighbor's daily. I have a few neighbors who only want food & I do my best to respect their wishes & only give then food.

I also admit I decline gift item's daily. I sincerely appreciate my neighbor's & their thoughts and the fact they took the time to send me a gift. I'm not a fan of brownies and/or golden knobs. So instead of complaining, I simply decline them.

Please understand, I'm not arguing or fighting (things can be misleading in text), I'm genuinely curious & would like to understand. I know I'm on level 69 of Bakery Story but I just don't understand some things about this game.

I know for some, tipping is their focus. If someone could explain why, that would be great

I would like to thank everyone ahead of time for reading this and thank you for responding

I hope everyone has a wonderful night & has a fantastic day tomorrow!!

Fashion Designer
    <----99.9% of time a Silent Tipper!
    I tip daily unless I get a wild hair and just don't want to.
    Typically it's a weekend or even a couple days during week.
    I am not going to message on everyone's wall.
    And if you feel like you need to delete me because of it, C'est La Vie!

Requests I grant when it appears in under gifts received.
    I mass gift from Stormie's daily either goal or random part or Cappacino.
    I have neighbors who ask for food. Unless it's goal time then it's parts only next few days.
    I am not going to keep a handy dandy list of 80+ neighbors that want 80+ different parts.
    I also use the decline button for unwanted gifts.
    Mostly when goals appear.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't do daily tipping and gifting food. Ain't everyone got time fo dat. My star rating is usually at 0-2. When I do tip, it's usually cuz the goal needs it, or I have nothing to do and decided to visit some, which is like probably once a month maybe. And if their bakery/resto is nicely decorated, add on a compliment. Or when a neighbour leaves a comment and I visit them, which is not often too.

I gift goal parts during goals. Basic parts or some random usable part on other days. Decline button for unwanted gifts. (But no reason for me to delete food neighbours when they help with requests right? I still gift them parts anyway. And as LadyEna had said, if they want to delete me, so be it)

Also, I don't understand why there's a decline button for parts requests from neighbours.. (not talking about accepting/declining gifts) It's not like you will get a loss when you click accept, and I doubt there's a quota/limit on how many you can accept.
    Last edited by eeveldoll; 01-28-18 at 06:46 PM. Reason: To prevent confusion
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

I’m a daily tipper 90% of the time, it helps boost up my ratings and I guess its a habit since I started playing (in April’15). I just know my older neighbors all too well if they want messages on their walls, if they silent tip. I get to everyone eventually.

As for gifts, I decline what I don’t want (unless it’s during goals). I try to send what my neighbors want but most are maxed lol. But I always accept requests every day mostly every hour if I have the chance I do want my neighbors to tell me what they want on my wall, it help so a lot sometimes I see it on their walls when I visit.
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoetzinger99 View Post
    May I remind everyone that some of the most helpful players on the forums - people like pcabral, VanaCatu, and pixie gamer - are almost never above 2 stars. They rarely visit or tip. However, they gift, fill requests, and spend a lot of time posting goal steps/pics and moderating the forums. I could not ask for more, and am honoured to have them as neighbours.
    True. Maybe I shouldn’t be so delete-happy. I usually send requests to the same 20 reliable neighbors anyway. Might as well keep the rest.

I was tipping daily but health issues have come up so I try to tip everyday. I never write on anyone’s wall. I’ve had 2 knee replacements in the last 6 months. This makes a total of 4 replacements and these last 2 are the worst. So all I can say is I tip and give gifts, just not everyday. I thank everyone who visits my bakery.

Rhino Keeper
    Hello there,

There's a forum post called neighbor etiquette (something like that) which is full of opinions on this subject already. I suggest reading a few posts as I'm sure you'll probably find the answer to your questions and many different pov's already discussed. Have a good one

I rarely tip, which I display prominently on my wall, but I do mass gift parts and check for part requests 2-3 times per day. I am a casual player but I like to think I am a good neighbor - or at least I do the things I expect my neighbors to do for me. Tipping everyone and leaving a note is too much for me; I have a full time job and also run a real-life business on the side. Other people on BS are in the same situation and may also have families to care for. The game should be relaxing and not a chore.

There are other ways to easily tell who is actively playing. If I start feeling like I am getting slow responses to my part requests I look through my news feed and see who has been responding and who has not.

I sincerely love the phrase "I am not a fan of golden knobs." That's probably the politest way I have ever heard someone on here put it - people can take the game a little too seriously, in my opinion. The way I see it - if I and my neighbors are doing the best we can to be helpful to each other, that's all one can ask for.

After all, it's just a game. It should be fun and relaxing.
    Last edited by noellescribbles; 11-11-17 at 08:23 PM.

As noellescribbles says, it is a game. And games are supposed to be fun.

That's the most important thing here - there's no point keeping neighbours who are keeping you from enjoying the game. In almost all cases there are folks out there who match your playing style. With a little time you'll find those players and then you'll be made. If anyone takes offence at being deleted as a neighbour then more fool them - there are bigger things to be concerned about in life!

Here's the longstanding etiquette thread that babublik mentions.
    Proud owner of The Garlic Tree restaurant

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast