Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tipping, Not Tipping, Silent Tipping Questions... Please Help :)

Silent Tipping?

Why is silent tipping such a no-no? I have almost 300 neighbors across several Storm8 games and there's no way I can write on everyone's wall. That would be a full-time job. I'm in and out of the games many times each day. I try to gift everyday and I respond to EVERY part request, no exceptions.

A neighbor (a good one that I liked a lot) wrote on my wall that they deleted me because I silent tipped them.

I thought this was supposed to be fun. I shouldn't be sitting here feeling like I lost something over a freaking game!

On a side note someone else deleted me because I didn't say "Hi" to them on their wall.

Thoughts?? Be nice, I'm NOT trying to stir up trouble. I just want to keep the neighbors that I have.

Some ppl really prefer you to write on their wall when you tip so they know that you did. Me personally I don’t care one way or the other. I’m not concerned about the tipping aspect, I’m more a gifting and request person as long as my neighbors do those two things I’m happy lol
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer
    Different people play differently. Don't take on neighbors that want tip notifications. Just tell new people that you silent tip.

The reason I like notification is that people come and go. They quit playing. Sometimes, they don't bother to let their neighbors know they've quit.

**If people aren't tipping, there isn't a way to know if they're still playing.**

Active players respond to requests. If you don't know whether they're active or not, they're useless when it comes to Request Time. Useless neighbors - don't need them, don't want to waste time tipping them.

I also like the jokes/comments my neighbors leave & I kind of get to know some of them a little bit.

To sum up: Active players are more dependable.

I have a couple neighbors who don't tip that I keep, but most of mine are active - they tip & leave a message.

I personally love to tip and leave messages (unless they don’t want messages & I respect that) I have some silent tippers and I respect that as well. I always respond to requests and try to gift everyone what they want. Writing on my wall is one of many ways I know someone is active (actually visiting helps me know if they are active). Like kayjco said people play differently! Just gotta find the right people who play the same as you do or who understands your playing techniques.
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper
    I used to leave messages when I visit/tip someone but it got too time consuming, so I eventually moved from silent tipping to not tipping at all until goal steps require it, or if a neighbour says hi I really like it when someone chats with me, cuz at least it feels like there are other humans playing the game lol It does get boring sometimes to just log in and tap a few times. I sometimes visit other bakeries and will leave a compliment if I think that their decor is awesome.

If someone wants to delete me, I can't do anything about it except to leave a note on their wall thanking them for being such a great neighbour in responding to my requests but feel sad that we're no longer neighbours. Sometimes they deleted me because they thought I wasn't playing (star rating now varies from 0-2) and then they'll ask me to add them back. Sometimes they don't cuz they can't live without having 4 star neighbours lol (I had one ex-neighbour who deleted me, then when I started playing again, she told me to add her, and then she deleted me. Never knew the reason why, but most likely cuz I rarely visit lol). I do feel a bit disappointed, but it's just a game and like jojo, kayjco and sebsmommy had said, everyone plays differently. Anyway, the Add Me forum is great for finding like-minded players, if you're still looking for more.

I personally will delete players that are stagnant in their game level...and when I visit them from time to time (and this is a long time in between visits), it's the same food that is spoiling on the stove/oven. So, yeah. /shrug
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Rhino Keeper
    I silent tip as well but still manage to get 4 stars with only 30 or so neighbors. They know I’m reliable when it comes to daily gifts and requests.

As someone else said earlier, I don’t care if they don’t tip my bakery, as long as they gift daily and send my requests.

And I also delete neighbors who are at 2 stars or below, unless they leave a reason why on their wall. THAT is how I know if they’re active or not.

Yup, silent tipper here as well. I visit 60 bakeries each day to tip and see if they need a certain part (look for an unfinished oven displayed, so I can figure out what part to send them if I don't have a request). It's to much extra time for me to write that I tipped on their wall. I fill every request and gift, that's enough for me.

I can see it from both sides though, I have some neighbors who frequently make use of the wall and I enjoy their little messages.

Still, I add new neighbors and roll with the deletes. I have deleted my own fair share of non-gifters.

You sound like a good neighbor, don't let it get you down.

Rhino Keeper
    Seems to me that the problem is a lot of people have taken on more then they can chew...Keddy30103...300? Only twenty people can gift you. 20 neighbors aren’t enough but 300 is over****. I see that a lot here. I prefer to have a small but strong group of neighbors so that I can give them my best. I’d say, if you feel overwhelmed, cull the herd.
    ***** NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS AT THIS TIME *****

May I remind everyone that some of the most helpful players on the forums - people like pcabral, VanaCatu, and pixie gamer - are almost never above 2 stars. They rarely visit or tip. However, they gift, fill requests, and spend a lot of time posting goal steps/pics and moderating the forums. I could not ask for more, and am honoured to have them as neighbours.

Thanks for all your comments and advice! I've been making a list/chart of my neighbors in B.S. and R.S. I'm already seeing a pattern. I'm going to do some weeding out. I want fewer neighbors that I can take good care of.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast