Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tipping, Not Tipping, Silent Tipping Questions... Please Help :)

Thank you all!!!

All this advice is helpful & I've been looking through the "add a neighbor" thread.

I think I'm finding the fun again

s8 Dreamear

Thank you!
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-27-17 at 12:41 PM. Reason: merged posts

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    Also, I don't understand why there's a decline button for requests.. it's not like you will get a loss when you click accept /rolls eyes
    As a general rule, I accept everything, too, but can't you only accept 20 gifts per day? If you're hoping to get 20 goal parts in one day, then it does make sense do delete the other gifts, to free up a space for the part you need.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    As a general rule, I accept everything, too, but can't you only accept 20 gifts per day? If you're hoping to get 20 goal parts in one day, then it does make sense do delete the other gifts, to free up a space for the part you need.
    I didn't phrase that properly, sorry. I was talking about accepting other's requests for parts. Not the gifts portion. There's a decline button for not fulfilling other player's requests which I still can't comprehend. There isn't a limit as to how many of their requests that you can accept, right? I doubt it will affect your own gifting number/quota too.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't phrase that properly, sorry. I was talking about accepting other's requests for parts. Not the gifts portion. There's a decline button for not fulfilling other player's requests which I still can't comprehend. There isn't a limit as to how many of their requests that you can accept, right? I doubt it will affect your own gifting number/quota too.
    Ah! I do delete requests sometimes. Like if I've gotten behind somehow, and I end up with a goal part request that's a few days old. I'll delete the request in case they don't need that part anymore and there's a more recent request that they need to come through.

Rhino Keeper
    Ah! I do delete requests sometimes. Like if I've gotten behind somehow, and I end up with a goal part request that's a few days old. I'll delete the request in case they don't need that part anymore and there's a more recent request that they need to come through.
    hmm you're right. I usually just accept them cuz they probably wanna build more than 3 ovens, which I know some neighbours do.

So many different playing styles!
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

I don't do daily tipping and gifting food. Ain't everyone got time fo dat. My star rating is usually at 0-2. When I do tip, it's usually cuz the goal needs it, or I have nothing to do and decided to visit some, which is like probably once a month maybe. And if their bakery/resto is nicely decorated, add on a compliment. Or when a neighbour leaves a comment and I visit them, which is not often too.

I gift goal parts during goals. Basic parts or some random usable part on other days. Decline button for unwanted gifts. (But no reason for me to delete food neighbours when they help with requests right? I still gift them parts anyway. And as LadyEna had said, if they want to delete me, so be it)

Also, I don't understand why there's a decline button for requests.. it's not like you will get a loss when you click accept /rolls eyes
    Actually with only twenty gift slots, if I accept a gift I can't use, or don't want, when a GOOD nbr tries to gift a rqd item, they can't send it. I think there should be nbrs list for die-hard players and one for relaxed/ lazy nbrs who mass gift, etc
    Last edited by Nettie75; 01-13-18 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Typo

I also want to point out that if u have a nbr who never tips or gifts, u are within ur right not to fulfill their rqt. That's my use for the decline button. I consider it begging to ask for rqd items but u haven't tipped or gifted that day, is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie75 View Post
    I also want to point out that if u have a nbr who never tips or gifts, u are within ur right not to fulfill their rqt. That's my use for the decline button. I consider it begging to ask for rqd items but u haven't tipped or gifted that day, is it just me?
    I fear that, if you don't explain to them what you have done, you are only making yourself look like someone who ignores requests. If you feel that strongly about a "bad" neighbor, why not just delete her?

Fashion Designer
    Clicking Accept is no harder than clicking Decline. Such an easy way to do something nice for someone.

I agree with sgoetz - if you have a major problem with a neighbor, just delete them. So much easier that spending time trying to decide if you want to help someone or make things harder for them. Delete them, help all your neighbors and move along. You'll be happier & they'll be happier.

Remember, too, a lot of people hold gifts until late because they want to send goal gifts if a goal appears...or they want to be able to send whatever is requested if a request comes in. The fact that they make a request before they do their daily gifting may mean they're trying to be thoughtful and considerate.

Some gift and request early and do tipping late.

And, of course, some don't tip. They can still be excellent neighbors for those who don't care about tips.

Executive Chef
    I third sgoetzinger & kayjco. Unless you're hanging on to all your neighbors because you're on the cusp of expanding and you need them, you'll be happier getting rid of the people who don't play in a way you can agree with.

But also, I strenuously disagree with the part where you said if the neighbor hasn't gifted or tipped that day. I often gift hours after reset, so a lot of my neighbors are full. So that means I can't request from them that day cause my gift didn't go through? I'd never get anything built!

But I also have no problem with neighbors who only answer requests. They're somewhat annoying, cause you have to put more effort into keeping track that they're still playing compared to people who do gift or leave messages, but since my neighbor lists aren't crazy long, it's okay for me. That wouldn't work for everyone, of course.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast