Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tipping, Not Tipping, Silent Tipping Questions... Please Help :)

Lol I talked to my brother about "bad" neighbors and he said I'd be selfish if I don't help them. "The game is free you don't spend money unless you want to. You're helped when you're new player so help others!"

I couldn't act differently after that conversation so I always help and gift but I rarely tip!

Making things clear is the most important thing if you're still not happy with the amount of neighbors you have or the way they play

Farm Supplier

Question Tips for Tipping

What advice would you give someone on tipping and gifting? I.E. Most efficient way to tip? Tip everyone at once or individually? How to manage friends to have them always tip? Etc.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ReiSixx9 View Post
    Tip everyone at once or individually?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I don't think I have any advice to offer as I don't care which of my neighbors tips. I don't need the paltry coins for anything. When I tip, I tip from my wall, and tip the people who request gifts (it's easier for me to keep track that way, but I don't think it's efficient).

Oh, I do have one suggestion, which is if you're going through your friends list to tip, be sure to tip (or at least visit) Stormy, because it's easier to tell when you've gone through the entire list.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettie75 View Post
    I also want to point out that if u have a nbr who never tips or gifts, u are within ur right not to fulfill their rqt. That's my use for the decline button. I consider it begging to ask for rqd items but u haven't tipped or gifted that day, is it just me?
    That's funny because I don't really pay attention to who has sent me gifts, and I have no idea who responds to my requests. But I feel bad if I send requests without already responding to others, even though I'm pretty sure that my neighbors pay as little attention to who sends what when as I do!

Rhino Keeper
    Some people are so petty they'll only tip you once you have tipped them first /& will only tip from their wall. I find this to take more effort & ultimately makes *them* look like the bad/lazy neighbour.

I don't tip from my wall. I don't care if my neighbours leave a message or not {because I know plenty of silent tippers who are better at tipping & gifting more so than those who do leave messages}. I tip from top to bottom on my neighbour list. After all, if you're going to consider yourself a good neighbour, you may as well tip & gift your neighbours. Not just those who leave messages.

I find tipping from top to bottom works better. I don't miss any of my neighbours out. I don't have to keep an eye on my wall or my news feed.

Does this mean I'm not aware of who is tipping me regularly or not? No. I am always deleting inactive/useless neighbours. You can still be a useless 4 star player too

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Scawr View Post
    Some people are so petty they'll only tip you once you have tipped them first /& will only tip from their wall. I find this to take more effort & ultimately makes *them* look like the bad/lazy neighbour.

I don't tip from my wall. I don't care if my neighbours leave a message or not {because I know plenty of silent tippers who are better at tipping & gifting more so than those who do leave messages}. I tip from top to bottom on my neighbour list. After all, if you're going to consider yourself a good neighbour, you may as well tip & gift your neighbours. Not just those who leave messages.

I find tipping from top to bottom works better. I don't miss any of my neighbours out. I don't have to keep an eye on my wall or my news feed.

Does this mean I'm not aware of who is tipping me regularly or not? No. I am always deleting inactive/useless neighbours. You can still be a useless 4 star player too
    But like then how do you know no one's freeloading off of you? (you tip them regularly, but they don't tip you back) I see at the end you said you are always deleting inactive players, but how do you know who's inactive and who's not?
    Last edited by ReiSixx9; 01-27-18 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiSixx9 View Post
    But like then how do you know no one's freeloading off of you? (you tip them regularly, but they don't tip you back) I see at the end you said you are always deleting inactive players, but how do you know who's inactive and who's not?

Spoiled food (i do not mean 1-4hr recipes, I mean those 8+ recipes ) is the #1 way to know if someone has been inactive.

Oh yeah I do notice those who had 4 star rating go down to 0 rating.
    Always had their tables full of coins for over a month... there are a few players who delete others who does not clear their tables in like a WEEK.

Like it is okay if my neighbors do not tip like I do, I ammore caring about parts and requests during goals hah.
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettie75 View Post
    Actually with only twenty gift slots, if I accept a gift I can't use, or don't want, when a GOOD nbr tries to gift a rqd item, they can't send it. I think there should be nbrs list for die-hard players and one for relaxed/ lazy nbrs who mass gift, etc
    Seems like my sentence was quite confusing. I will edit that to prevent any more misunderstanding.

As I have explained earlier, I was talking about accepting other's requests for parts. Not the gifts portion. There's a decline button for not fulfilling other player's requests which I still can't comprehend. It's not hard to accept their requests but since I'm not a "die-hard" player, I guess I never thought of using the decline button for "bad" neighbours.
    Last edited by eeveldoll; 01-29-18 at 12:27 AM.
    You don't know what you're capable of until you can pick yourself up after falling down.

Tipping is important to some players which is okay, but it makes things easier to not care about it. Tip if you like, don't expect anything back.

People who insist that you leave a message or won't tip until you tip them first are too demanding imo. They're just creating more work for themselves than necessary. They're also not considering that some players don't care about getting return tips.

I tip all of my neighbours every so often and if I want to check out their places to see if they're still active (no spoiled food, if they left messages on their walls, etc.). I don't care about ratings when adding neighbours, but I would hate to lose a good neighbour if it is important to them so I try to maintain 3-4 stars.

I wouldn't worry too much about freeloaders when it comes to tipping. The 120 coins you'd get really isn't that much and at least you get collectibles + XP stars from visiting your neighbours.

Gift/request freeloading is a different story.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345