Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nov. 9 goals

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    Oh, varenyki is tasty one to try ))) it is actually pasta, but unlike ravioli, the dough contains also clabber (or other sour-milk product that i dont think is easy to find, however its very popular in ex-ussr. Named "kefir", i found various translations like "cultured buttermilk" or so...), and kinda baking powder - it makes the dough not thin and smooth like in ravioli, but kinda fluffy.
    They can be filled with mash potatoes, stewed cabbage, or mincemeat. They can also be sweet, usually with cherries, or strawberries, or blueberries (+sugar of course).
    Meat varenyki, unlike russian pelmeni, are made with the meat first boiled/baked, and only then grounded, and mixed with fried onion. Pelmeni are filled with fresh meat grounded.
    There are also various potato varenyki recipes. Ive seen in the web, that our expats are adding cheese, sour cream, etc, but never seen it here: originally, couple of centuries ago, we didnt have such products here. Usually they filled with potatoes that was first boiled, then mashed and mixed with onion fried with bacon or with sunflower oil. But i love the best those my granny made: when fresh potatoes milled with grater (like cheese for pizza), then you scald it with boiling water, squeeze it, and then mix with fried onion and/or finely sliced fried mushrooms. THAT is really good, "must-taste", lol ))))
    This sounds very yummy. I have never ground cooked meat! Usually have the guys at the store grind my meat (literally their only shopper who requests this!), but I'll have to do this one in food processor.

I can make pasta, but usually American-type. I've done the thin & fluffy and have had some success (some failure) with it.

I know "clabber" as "kefir". It's so funny to me how, long before international ships were trading things on mass scale, people all over the world came up with the same stuff & called it different things. If they had the same animals, they all figured out the same stuff.

It's a small food world, after all!

I'll look for a recipe.

I've had food from the bloc countries before & liked it! Just not this. So, thank YOU and thank Storm8! I love trying new foods.

Executive Chef

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014156.jpg 
Views:	1204 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	39818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014240.jpg 
Views:	1199 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	39819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014323.jpg 
Views:	1198 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	39820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1510393809091.jpg 
Views:	1186 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	39821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014516.jpg 
Views:	1203 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	39822  

Executive Chef

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014704.jpg 
Views:	1153 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	39823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1510395549789.jpg 
Views:	1254 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	39827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014559.jpg 
Views:	1162 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	39824   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_014729.jpg 
Views:	1166 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	39825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171111_020235.jpg 
Views:	1155 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	39826  

Last edited by pcabral03; 11-11-17 at 03:21 AM.

Fashion Designer
    $57,500 for ONE APPLIANCE?!

Come on!

Hey, Storm8,

Long-term players contribute to success, but so do newbies. ALSO, players come & go. As long-term players drop out (which they all will, eventually), you need NEW long-term players to replace them.

If you make this game impossible for newbies to play (which you are, with these goals), you will end up with NOBODY playing your game.

This game is now stacked against newbies. You've made the game too hard. Make it fun, make it POSSIBLE and people will play. Too hard? They just quit.

I get that the goal is to force them to buy gems, but with nobody left, nobody will buy the gems and you'll be out of business.

AGAIN, I suggest cheap ovens for coins during goals & then (instead of discontinuing!), sell them for gems. This makes you money, let's players get them for coins if they want and makes you money in the end. And it won't make most newbies quit. All that changes is people get more and you make more money.

Food for thought.
    Last edited by kayjco; 11-11-17 at 04:39 AM.

Executive Chef
    How much for the second appliance???????

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEDLxx View Post
    How much for the second appliance???????

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    That's expensive!

Rhino Keeper
    These prices are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    $57,500 for ONE APPLIANCE?!

Come on!

Hey, Storm8,

Long-term players contribute to success, but so do newbies. ALSO, players come & go. As long-term players drop out (which they all will, eventually), you need NEW long-term players to replace them.

If you make this game impossible for newbies to play (which you are, with these goals), you will end up with NOBODY playing your game.

This game is now stacked against newbies. You've made the game too hard. Make it fun, make it POSSIBLE and people will play. Too hard? They just quit.

I get that the goal is to force them to buy gems, but with nobody left, nobody will buy the gems and you'll be out of business.

AGAIN, I suggest cheap ovens for coins during goals & then (instead of discontinuing!), sell them for gems. This makes you money, let's players get them for coins if they want and makes you money in the end. And it won't make most newbies quit. All that changes is people get more and you make more money.

Food for thought.

While I agree that the second appliance is very expensive I don’t think that newbies should have an equal chance of completing goals as someone on level 99 or 80, because they are newbies. I mean in other Storm8 games like DS and FFS there’s things you don’t even have access to until certain levels. It should make them want to get to higher levels faster instead of complaining and quitting. But that’s my opinion
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    While I agree that the second appliance is very expensive I don’t think that newbies should have an equal chance of completing goals as someone on level 99 or 80, because they are newbies. I mean in other Storm8 games like DS and FFS there’s things you don’t even have access to until certain levels. It should make them want to get to higher levels faster instead of complaining and quitting. But that’s my opinion
    Granting access based on levels is a good idea, but if they quit playing because they can't get old stuff (discontinued) and can't get new stuff (too expensive), then they're going to quit.

It's the rare newbie who will keep playing because if they play for six months or a year, THEN they can get stuff. Doing work for a payoff later is real life - school, work, etc. Most people aren't looking to do work in their games. They want fun and they want it NOW.

Gotta throw newbies a bone or they'll quit.

I've long thought goals should be tied to levels, but it's been explained to me that it's too hard because of "code". I don't understand it, but I believe it.

I agree about level structuring, just not on goals.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast