Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 11/9 - Of Land and Sea | goals in posts 2-

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    I'm still on part IV of the What Storms May Come quest, but have been following this thread for when I get finally get here. Has anyone purchased the Ocean Chest for 250 gems? I'm looking for orange shells and the Mermaid Brew. Does the Ocean Chest drop these very often? The orange shells are what's really holding me up (like others, I'm sure). I've read that people haven't been happy with the drops from the anchor and pearly oyster so thought I'd ask about the Ocean Chest.
    Adding my 2 cents, I didn’t buy the chest, and you will get one (and the shipwreck) as prizes at the end of part one. The chest does drop shells, but they are a semi rare drop. Better to chop anemones. Collect from the castle, mermaids and the pet nagas as often as possible (the plain “naga” ones) if you have any. The nagas and the castle can drop anemones and reefs. And Sirene has actually dropped ready made mermaids brew a few times!

I am now 5 silver bars away from completing the last two gold tridents to complete the tide pool! Then I just have to fight Heska and build a prison. We sure are tossing a lot of stuff into that tide pool. I keep hearing Ariel singing “Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat? Wouldn’t you say my collection’s complete?” But I fear it is not....... I just hope part 3 (if there is one) calls for some new crafts using all those marmosea drops and NOT mermaids brew, storm water, and silver bars. Sigh.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    I just started this chain. I have been reading along but I don't remember if anyone has recommended how many jellyfins to purchase. I can see resources needed so maybe it is just a matter how long I want to wait for the drops. Post any advice on how many. Thanks.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Quote Originally Posted by newpam575 View Post
    I just started this chain. I have been reading along but I don't remember if anyone has recommended how many jellyfins to purchase. I can see resources needed so maybe it is just a matter how long I want to wait for the drops. Post any advice on how many. Thanks.
    I purchased 4 coin jelly fins and one pink one for gems (the gem one drops 2 jelly jars and a tidebloom, and it can spawn marmoseas, so I recommend getting one if possible)
    I raised a fifth regular jelly fin that dropped from the tide pool, but it is currently in storage along with 10 baby jelly fins that I’ve collected from the tide pool. I just finished upgrading the tide pool today, and I rarely collected from all of the jelly fins I have out. We need a lot of jelly and a lot of flowers, but the collection time is fairly short and most of the crafting times are long, so I was able to keep up with the jelly mainly using the one pink and one regular jelly fin.

I wouldn’t purchase more than 4-5 of the regular ones to start....just collect as often as possible. And get a pink one if you can spare the gems, it really helps with the tide blooms in my experience.) Chances are you will have a few coin ones drop from the tide pool before too long. (Check inventory occasionally, they are sometimes hard to spot when dropped!) This line just requires a lot of patience. Hope this helps and good luck!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Completely agree with PrincessCupOButter. Great question!

I initially bought about 4 or so too and 1 pink and the rest were drops from the tidegate. I raised them and a few more till I had about 12 out at a time. Made drops accumulate quicker then I put them away till I needed more jelly.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I purchased 4 coin jelly fins and one pink one for gems (the gem one drops 2 jelly jars and a tidebloom, and it can spawn marmoseas, so I recommend getting one if possible)
    I raised a fifth regular jelly fin that dropped from the tide pool, but it is currently in storage along with 10 baby jelly fins that I’ve collected from the tide pool. I just finished upgrading the tide pool today, and I rarely collected from all of the jelly fins I have out. We need a lot of jelly and a lot of flowers, but the collection time is fairly short and most of the crafting times are long, so I was able to keep up with the jelly mainly using the one pink and one regular jelly fin.

I wouldn’t purchase more than 4-5 of the regular ones to start....just collect as often as possible. And get a pink one if you can spare the gems, it really helps with the tide blooms in my experience.) Chances are you will have a few coin ones drop from the tide pool before too long. (Check inventory occasionally, they are sometimes hard to spot when dropped!) This line just requires a lot of patience. Hope this helps and good luck!

Many thanks. I think I will get the pink one and maybe one more coin one. Thanks again.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Completely agree with PrincessCupOButter. Great question!

I initially bought about 4 or so too and 1 pink and the rest were drops from the tidegate. I raised them and a few more till I had about 12 out at a time. Made drops accumulate quicker then I put them away till I needed more jelly.
    Thanks. I did not know they might drop from the tidepool I gave a LONG way to go, but I am okay with that.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Fashion Designer
    I am still on What Storms May Come, but am watching this thread for what is to come. (I've already crafted 25 luminous bars!) I'm looking for opinions - is the Dive Into the Abyss adventure worth doing? I am particularly in need of Mermaid's Brew, Storm Water and orange shells.

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone know if we can ***** the limit 1 cap on the Marmoseas by doing two at once in the Mermaid workshop? Will that work or will it just disapper? I see u can "make" 2 at once & I don't have the Gems to buy additional ones..so was hoping I could make 2 of the colors I haven't done yet..

Fashion Designer
    I can see from page 1 that crafts in the mermaid workshop stay after the goals are complete.

Does this also apply to the potion shop for mermaid's brew and storm water?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CheebaAngel View Post
    Does anyone know if we can ***** the limit 1 cap on the Marmoseas by doing two at once in the Mermaid workshop? Will that work or will it just disapper? I see u can "make" 2 at once & I don't have the Gems to buy additional ones..so was hoping I could make 2 of the colors I haven't done yet..
    I'm pretty sure I read here somewhere that there wasn't a way to craft 2.