View Poll Results: Did you enjoy this event? Did you get your Beaver? What was your Dam's final level?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed this event

12 10.62%
  • I didn't enjoy this event

86 76.11%
  • Yes - I got the Beaver (with gems, LTOs)

13 11.50%
  • Yes - I got the Beaver (without gems, LTOs)

2 1.77%
  • No - I couldn't upgrade the Dam due to mud buckets

81 71.68%
  • No - I couldn't upgrade the Dam due to other drops

26 23.01%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 1-3

2 1.77%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 4-5

7 6.19%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 6

11 9.73%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 7

19 16.81%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 8

17 15.04%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 9

12 10.62%
  • Beaver Dam: Level 10

20 17.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Beaver Quest - 2017 Nov 3 (POLL ADDED)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerIreneOK View Post
    Also, when does event end? Trying to decide whether to keep going.
    Click on the to do list on the left of you screen. It should tell you how many days are left.

Golden blossoms give u four bundles of trig's. The Aspen two. Cut down cedars got logs,twigs and leaves. You can sell the leaves.

Just out of curiosity is there a 12 of 12?

Executive Chef
    Storm8, I know this will likely sound completely self-serving (and it is, no doubt), but please consider making the Mud Buckets saleable to those not participating, and purchasable to those who are. I can't imagine how many players have stopped playing--whether temporarily or permanently--because of their frustration with being unable to clear out items they don't need or want, and because of their frustration in being unable to accomplish the goals because of the widely disparate and wholly unpredictable drop rate.

Please do not mistake me...I am very grateful that the twigs (and logs) were made available through chopping down Ash and Hickory trees as well as from the Aspen Groves (for which I am still disconcerted by the increased cost at higher levels). However, part of what has made Farm Story 2 so enjoyable was the ability to purchase items from neighbors/other farms and--for however briefly--interact with other players...something that has been fading steadily with each passing event. I received thanks on my wall from a (now) new neighbor for goods I had sold, something I had not received for several months. It is this kind of interaction that encourages players to play, and to help each other out, and to reach out in turn to assist others. Please allow this to happen more in this event by allowing players to sell--and buy--upgrade items (or, barring that, improving the drop rate for the Mud Buckets)

I understand, part of what makes games such as Farm Story 2 successful is that it isn't too simple, but it also isn't overly difficult, and allowing players to buy everything they need from the Newspaper would likely fall on the "too simple" side of the equation. On the other hand, forcing players to stop playing or empty their Barns of needed items because it is being filled with unwanted but unsalable items falls on the "too difficult" side. I don't know if there is a happy medium to be found that will satisfy everyone, but something needs to give way, and give way soon, before more players give up on this event and maybe the game entirely.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilliepaddd View Post
    Just out of curiosity is there a 12 of 12?
    Beaver Quest 12 of 12:
    Upgrade the Beaver Dam to Level 10..THE END
    85 tree leaves
    55 logs (studio)
    40 mud buckets
    REWARDS: THE BEAVER

Well said, I completely agree!
    since getting the freak 7 buckets from my 12 pigs yesterday afternoon, my subsequent collections have yielded between 1 and 3 buckets, it’s such a shame as for a little while I truly believed that Storm 8 had actually listened to us and taken action, but no, it seems they want to drive us away.
    Its very basic psychology, goals have to be achievable or people will give up, in terms of the game this means players will quit, the revenue storm 8 receive from in app purchases will fall, then real people will loose real jobs. I have now removed my card details from I tunes, and am also considering quitting the game which I used to love, as the relentless and difficult events are taking up way too much of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    Beaver Quest 12 of 12:
    Upgrade the Beaver Dam to Level 10..THE END
    85 tree leaves
    55 logs (studio)
    40 mud buckets
    REWARDS: THE BEAVER
    Oh lord, really? Well I’m at level 6 still with 15/25 buckets needed and I just did the math, in order to complete the quest I need to collect 10 + 30 + 35 + 40 buckets, that’s 115 buckets to complete, at an average of 2 buckets per collection of 12 pigs I’ll need to do 58 collections. So by collecting six times a day (and risking my husband filing for a divorce), it would take me 9 or 10 days to complete the event.
    So that’s it for me.......
    Last edited by dizzynor; 11-09-17 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzynor View Post
    Oh lord, really, well I’m at level 6 still with 15/25 buckets needed and I just did the math, in order to complete the quest I need to collect 10 + 30 + 35 + 40 buckets, that’s 115 buckets to complete, at an average of 2 buckets per collection of 12 pigs I’ll need to do 58 collections. So by collecting six times a day (and risking my husband filing for a divorce), it would take me 9 or 10 days to complete the event.
    So that’s it for me.......
    I’m right there with you. I started writing down my numbers so that I can get an accurate assessment and not just the rough idea that my drop rate for buckets suck. And well my numbers prove the drop rate actually sucks!!

Today I managed only 5 rounds of collecting from 12 pigs. I got 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 10 buckets in 5 rounds. So that’s 10 out of possible 60. Drop rate is 16.7%.

I’m now on Goal 9 having gotten 10/25 buckets, which is the one item that’s keeping me from leveling up. So I’m slightly further behind than you and I have one less day of collecting I can do, since I’ll be travelling halfway around the world on that day.

I should just throw in the towel too. Darn that obsessive nature of mine that compels me to struggle through this not-even-fun-anymore event.

Looks like no beaver for this Canadian. With 5 days remaining and 8 pig collections a day equaling 40 collections, with one or two mud buckets max per collection-impossible to achieve. My personal deal with myself is to pay no more than 100 gems to get an animal. With four levels to go I can’t do it. Too bad for me.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    My feelings and suggestions on this event.
    I am overjoyed that we are once again getting events on the farm.
    A huge thank you to MeowMeowBeans.
    A lot of my neighbours quit when the events ceased.
    The Beaver Quest
    The leaves were doable because we were able to collect from several trees even before drops from the ash tree became available.
    8 cocoa, 8 apples, 8 orange, 8 lemons, 5 banana, 4 peach, 5 pears
    The branches were doable if you bought aspen groves for coins and/or golden ones for gems but still doable you had to send a lot of planes for the corn.
    Then you turned on drops from the ash and hickory trees which gave lots of leaves and logs if you had a lot of saws which long time farmers did...a product that is hoarded.
    But now we come to the mud buckets which like paint it is the one item in an event that needs to be harder to collect so some players will buy gems in order to buy the item needed. It is a business. Mud buckets came from 12 pigs collectable every 3 hours so 8 collections a day or they were available for 8 gems each. I am sure this price could vary in different levels., either way you as a company need to get players to the last day in order for the prize to be within reach, that they are willing to purchase a twenty dollar package of gems to get the Beaver. You have to ask yourself how much do you think a player is willing to spend to achieve the goal. There are pets available in your market cats, dogs etc.
    The beaver is unique though like the unicorns, etc.
    I think drops needed to be increased or all animals or perhaps sheep also produced random mud buckets.
    I also think when all players are not going to get the final prize then each upgrade should of gave a prize kind of like the fair does ..not just coins and experience points.
    Lower level farms would of loved a barn upgrade package, silo and or land upgrade items.
    Some players love decorations for their farm.
    A statue of a beaver. Perhaps a beaver gnawing on a tree...
    Or maybe an event like this should of been like the unicorn leaderboard.
    A full grown beaver on say level eight upgrade then perhaps a baby beaver on the final upgrade.

I have a few years of time in this game 1361 days on the farm and I would like to see it continue with the other storm games.
    I think you have the best farming game on the market and I have played and tested other farming games but lost interest in them.
    I think you have the most helpful forum.
    Players ask a question and someone usually tries to help.

You as a company need to look back and think how much more money was perhaps made when events were easier but I not having access to these numbers maybe you make more money this way it is something you have to toss around the table at the end of the event.
    Can I make more revenue by selling a product to a million people at ten dollars
    Or to one hundred thousand people at a hundred dollars. (More revenue)
    But then you have to also consider the future how many of the million players quit meaning what happens in the next event.

It all comes down to how much money do you really think a player will spend to get the Beaver in the final few hours of the event and you have to make sure they have got there. (To the final upgrade)

I for one want events that is why I am still playing.
    Ha or maybe I am very old ...

Players
    Storm8 is a company with employees so they need to make revenue.
    They can't make it so easy that every player gets the prize if they play the game every day.