Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event: Monster Hunt season 10

Rhino Keeper
    Just a question about how others play the monster hunt and other events: when playing the monster hunt do you still use energy for collecting from animals like flyger and workshops, kitchen mines etc. or you forget about all that and use the energy only for the monster hunt?
    Very interested in other players strategies. Many thanks for any replies

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    @jackylina29 - I put my lair out yesterday and this morning has a skunk and tonight got a dire boar. So it varies I guess

@maryamhjm - my strategy is to miminise collecting from anything not related to beasts. I did craft some grits to use up bacon and did the egg/dairy trade couple of times till I ran out of milk. I have 6 flygers and for the lanterns and chance of expansion permits think is a good use of energy. Otherwise, chickens and horses are all I'm mainly collecting from.

I don't have anything else to do with my energy as I'm now just crafting to increase stock of items. I've been focussing lately on raising 1 million coin for my last expansion before applying the permits. I even put away my 4 mines for a while. Anyhow, hope that helps!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 11-03-17 at 03:57 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jackylina29 View Post
    I keep getting trolls from lair of beasts..is that all it spawns? I thought it was gonna spawn beasts that drop tokens during monster hunts?
    I had a direboar and a fangbeasf

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    Just a question about how others play the monster hunt and other events: when playing the monster hunt do you still use energy for collecting from animals like flyger and workshops, kitchen mines etc. or you forget about all that and use the energy only for the monster hunt?
    Of course I collect from all my energy sources - Wizard Schools and Ali's.
    And of course the Lair Of Beasts, The Jousting Arena, my beast statues and Princess Loreili Fountain.

I generally stop all crafting and only collect from things like my Cabbage Hut, Gold Mine, all 4 mines, my 4 Stables and 2 Hatcheries, Flyers, Faeries, Nagas and Dragons. (anything that can drop gems, gold nuggets or expansion permits)

I continue to do trades at the Royal Exchange when animal items fill up.
    (why I continue to collect from stables and hatcheries)
    Ponds too if you're doing energy trades.

Other than that all energy goes into battling golems and direwolves.

You need to be collecting 40 Direwolf Tokens per day in order to tame one.
    (Roughly 10 direwolves per day)
    Pretty achievable for most players.
    I'll be going for 2 Direwolves.

Luckily I started with 50 Gold Tokens and 99 Mithril so I'll be able to get an Amoured Direwolf this hunt!!
    Already up to 60 so just 15 to go!!

Farm Supplier
    I used to collect from workshops, animals etc and I regret it bitterly now. I didn't know before how useful Mystic Research Centre is and it's my main goal now. I only collect from energy sources, princess loreleis fountain, jousting arena and now lair of beasts. I also collect from stables and hatcheries because of high fangbeast spawn rate, sir piggy for sams reason (except that it spawns direwolfs) and I tap on a purple cow although I don't know whether it's more likely to spawn a fangbeast.

Rhino Keeper
    My Dire Wolf is out and scaring all the baby animals in my realm. He is quite intimidating. Someone needs to tell him Halloween is over. ={

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for all the replies. The problem is that if I collect from all the basics(mines, workshops,kitchens,flyger etc) I do not have much energy left for fights with monsters, I also do not have a lot of extra energy resources, I just finally bought my first wizard school yesterday and I have 1 daily alicorn. Last monster hunt I was able to get 9 gold troll tokens is that average or do others get way more. I now have 22 and still a long way from the 70 for mrc or cabbage hut. I also have still the locket open as a side goal and princess lorelei fountain which I can do with the 22 I have but should I?

Executive Chef
    Thanks for all the replies. The problem is that if I collect from all the basics(mines, workshops,kitchens,flyger etc) I do not have much energy left for fights with monsters, I also do not have a lot of extra energy resources, I just finally bought my first wizard school yesterday and I have 1 daily alicorn. Last monster hunt I was able to get 9 gold troll tokens is that average or do others get way more. I now have 22 and still a long way from the 70 for mrc or cabbage hut. I also have still the locket open as a side goal and princess lorelei fountain which I can do with the 22 I have but should I?
    It's difficult to say ... Luckily I've been playing for a long time (3.5yrs) and coincidentally around the time I reached LVL50 the monster hunts and intense weekly updates started so I've been at an advantage and gotten everything as it was released.

In your situation I would recommend to stop all collections from "the basics" and put all your energy into collecting Direwolf Tokens and Gold tokens whilst the monster hunt is on.

I highly recommend getting as many Direwolves as you can. Make a jugdement call for what you can achieve with your gameplay.
    Basically to get 1 Direwolf you need 40tokens/day. Roughly battling 10 Direwolves/day. (2 - 80/day , 3 - 120/day etc...)
    At your stage of gameplay the Expansion Permit drops from them are very valuable!!

Also battle Golems as much as you can whislt battling Direwolves.

I would say get the Fountain ASAP as it also drops Gold Tokens during hunts so it pays for itself very quickly.
    Then next get the MRC. It gives you access to a lot more energy sources.

I would recommend getting your Cabbage Hut with gems. I would prioritise saving for that over other gem spending.

The Locket storyline is unfinished and goes nowhere yet so do that very last once you have everything else.

Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    I wish the direwolves dropped regular tokens too.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Slrasnake1 View Post
    I wish the direwolves dropped regular tokens too.
    Me too. I have such an imbalance of swords compared to staff tokens