Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Forest: Main Guide

Grand Emperor
    Game Version

You should always use the latest game version as there may be fixes and new updates. Using an outdated version may cause unforeseen issues to your game.

To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Settings Menu and the version is listed at the bottom right of the screen

To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on Fantasy Forest app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Grand Emperor
    New Device - transfer your games

When you get a new device, you have a choice of setting a new forest on your new device or transfer your current forest to it.

To set a new forest:
    1. Download Fantasy Forest unto your new device.
    2. Start playing in your new forest. Don't forget to set your new Storm8 ID and password.

To transfer your current forest to your new device:
    - Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
    You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device.

1. Tap the S8 icon in the top-right corner to access Account Settings.

2. Select Log in to Another Account, enter your ID and password, and confirm your login.

3. You will now have access to your game progress. Force close (restart) your app to see your progress.

Please see the instructions on post 1 of the New Logon on Feature thread if you need more help.

If you have issues transferring your games, you can contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can transfer your games.

Note:
    (1) If you are selling or giving away your old device, it is recommended that you contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask them to remove your Storm8 ID and games tagged to that device.

(2) Playing on devices of different platforms may cause sync errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
    • If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

Maintain your device
    Remember to do the general housekeeping periodically to maintain your device for the best in-game experience. Your game will slow down when your device is not performing well.
    • Always keep the latest software version for your device (e.g. operating software and game)
    • Make sure your device has plenty of space (by clearing unwanted apps, photos, documents, etc.)
    • Clear cache
    • Disconnect and connect to your cellular or wifi
    • Restart device

Related topic: Create a Storm8 ID
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 02-22-18 at 08:03 PM.

Grand Emperor
    What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

iOS General Issues
    If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    • Restart your device
    • Delete and reinstall the game
    • Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.

For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Connection Issues
    1. Force shut game
    2. Disconnect device cellular/wifi setting
    3. Switch off device
    4. Power off modem and router, and power up after 2 mins if you're using wifi connection
    5. Switch on device and reconnect cellular/wifi setting
    6. Start game

If you are using wifi, the bandwidth and number of devices connected to it are contributing factors to your connectivity performance.

Device Performance Issues
    Some older devices may have trouble keeping up with the game.
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some unused apps/photos/videos etc if you don't.
    • Store away some (if not all) animated decorations in your city
    • Avoid running other apps in the background
    • Let your game settle for a few minutes (3 mins or so) after starting it, before you do any activity
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Display/Graphics Issues
    1. Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    2. Restart device and game
    3. Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Sync Issues
    Ensure your connection is good. Always fresh start your game before you do any actions to avoid sync issues. It is recommended that we do not leave our games running in the background.
    • If you discover that you have forgotten to close out your game, force shut it without doing any activity and start it again.
    • You can force save your game progress by visiting another forest.
    • Do not leave your game immediately after your last action. Try to force save your game progress and sync with Storm8 servers before closing your game.

Grand Emperor
    Troubleshooting for Frequent Issues

Accidentally sold off my creature

Please contact Support via support form for assistance.

Bug thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...al-by-accident

Can't hatch creature in Storage - says "Goal"

Please reinstall your game.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    It's an Android issue. We don't know why some Android players experience this because the animal is not locked by goal in any part of the setup. Reinstalling the game may resolve it for you.
    Bug thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...says-quot-Goal

Check to see if the game is down or is it just you?

Click here to check.

Clearing hidden obstacles

After expansion, I will move an existing habitat over the new plot to see how many and where are the obstacles located, shown in red grids.
    • Zoom in to the maximum and rotate the buildings blocking your view and see if you can reach it.
    • Sell off a farm to make space so you can move buildings blocking your view to reach the obstacle. You can buy a farm afterwards to replace the one you sold.

Discussion thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...g-hidden-stone

Didn't receive my prize

Restart your game and device and check under "ALL" tab under storage. Please post in Bugs and Issues forum if it's still missing.

Bug thread: https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispl...ugs-amp-Issues

Why are my coins decreasing?

Please contact Support via support form for assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa
    This issue can occur if your Coin balance reaches the maximum number in 32-bit computer language (2,147,483,647). Collecting enough Coins to reach this value is very rare. This can occur in any app using 32-bit hardware or software, but the error can display itself differently.

Please submit a request through support.storm8.com for assistance.
    Bug thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ins-Decreasing
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-03-19 at 02:54 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Forum

Game Guides
    Check out our game guides.

Discussion
    Join in the discussions with the rest of the Fantasy Forest community in Fantasy Forest Story | Discussions forum.

Please check to see if there is any existing thread before you start a new thread of the same topic, to avoid duplicate threads.

Suggestions & Feedbacks
    Give your feedback and share your suggestions in Fantasy Forest Story | Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Bugs and Issues
    Report a bug/issue
    If you are experiencing issues, you may like to
    1. contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for more support AND/OR
    2. report on Fantasy Forest Story | Bugs & Issues forum.

If you would like to report a bug or issue, please make sure to include the following:
    1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number (check under settings-device)
    2. Your game version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. A screenshot of the problem if possible/applicable (How To A Post Photo On The Forum)

You can either post in one of the following:
    (i) Fantasy Forest: Current Bugs and Issues thread
    (ii) existing thread of the same problem
    (iii) start a new thread

Before you start a new thread, please check to see if there is any existing thread of the same problem as yours to avoid duplicate threads.

Check your game version
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Forum Rules and Policies
    If you are like to know what are the dos and don'ts on the forum, please read the Forum Rules & Policies to find out more.

Forum Disputes
    Is some Admin, player mod or another user giving you "The Business"? Have a complaint? This is the place to let us know. Don't worry -- this Forum Disputes is only visible to Storm8 Staff.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-03-19 at 02:53 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Support

Storm8 Support Email: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you require further assistance on your games, you can contact Support. Please make sure that you include your Storm8 ID, state which game you are having issues, description of the issues and screenshots, if any. A Support Agent will respond to you usually between 3 to 5 business days.

Submit a Support Request
    1. Click on Support link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    2. Fill in the details in the Support Form
    3. Click [Submit] to send your request

Sign into Your Account
    1. Click [Sign in] at the top right of the Support Form screen to sign into your account
      (You'll get a pop up sign in screen)
    2. Enter your email address and password
      (Click [Sign up] if you don't have an existing account OR click [Get a password] if you don't have a password)
    3. Click [Sign in] to proceed

Check on Your Request
    1. Click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen, once you have signed into your account
    2. Click [My activities] and you'll see a list of your requests including your ticket number and the status of your request

Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-03-19 at 02:53 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Update Threads

Version 1.8.0 (iOS)
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-03-19 at 02:52 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Fun Corner

Share your fun and creative pictures and stories of your forest here.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    My personal favorite opponent for Ember Ermine: ( I'm totally gonna name mine Artemis and Apollo). Just have to wait until mine hatches.

Quote Originally Posted by PookieBearsGirl View Post
    Apollo ☀️ Artemis ��

This is more how I imagined these two, being twins and all. Hence the necklaces. I just simply used pre existing S8 designs. Sorry for the rough drawing!

Quote Originally Posted by ediblenoodle View Post

Drew a petal pony friend!

I love the Petal Pony's design, and it holds a place in my heart because it was the first leaderboard event I ever got first place on (well it was my only one I've won lol). It's the first animal from FFS I've drawn.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-09-19 at 09:25 PM.

Grand Emperor
    List of Events - Year 2018

Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-03-19 at 02:51 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast