View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed the 2 Halloween events?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

64 25.50%
  • Disagree

102 40.64%
  • Neutral

80 31.87%
  • I didn't participate

6 2.39%
  • I upgraded the Tomb to L10

149 59.36%
  • Tomb incomplete

91 36.25%
  • I crafted the Ghost Knight

63 25.10%
  • I crafted the Ghost Skunkupea

213 84.86%
  • I crafted the Mummy Fangpup

200 79.68%
  • I crafted the Bone Dire Piglet

105 41.83%
  • I bought unlimited energy

6 2.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story Halloween Event: Ivy's nursery continuing | Tales of the Crypt event

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hkcorrigan View Post
    Here?s my guess on Will Page requirements for the Tomb based what Lady Katt reported and knowing from Lord Puffy that we need 2 New Wills each for Levels 7-10:
    Level 7: 10 page I + 10 page II + 10 page III
    Level 8: 14 page II + 14 page III + 14 page IV
    Level 9: 14 page III + 14 page IV + 14 page V
    Level 10: 20 page IV + 20 page V + 20 page VI

That puts the page requirements AFTER Level 6 to:
    Page I: 10
    Page II: 10+14=24
    Page III: 10+14+14=38
    Page IV: 14+14+20=48
    Page V: 14+20=34
    Page VI: 20
    Thanks for this. Now I have some idea of what I need to collect.

I know, I know I could have done the math. I just never found the time to do it. Thanks again. Very appreciated.
    Last edited by riverly; 10-24-17 at 08:11 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    I actually think that's fair (I may be the only one though...), the players that have the 2016 haunted stable have worked hard to get it, it would be dissapointing if the rest of the world could just buy it now. That's not an incentive to participate in future events (I don't have the 2016 haunted stable, by the way).
    If it's fair because of the hard workers, it would be unfair that we can skip things with gems in storylines and during events too. Don't you think that's the same thing?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    If it's fair because of the hard workers, it would be unfair that we can skip things with gems in storylines and during events too. Don't you think that's the same thing?
    Apples and oranges to me actually.

But I have never understood the concept of exclusivity. It would never bother me if the whole world could just buy it now.

Nightclub Owner
    My tomb is currently on level 8 and I know that I'll make myself finish this event because I have issues and find it impossible to not complete something.

That being said, this event has really put a damper on my general enjoyment of the game. I don't think anyone who competed in last year's event would begrudge those that missed it the opportunity to purchase a prize buildings for gems this year. And I highly doubt S8 is thinking of fairness with this whole Haunted Stable business as several times over the last few events they've thrown up a 'value pack' with the event animal that players could buy for little money when some players spent way more in gems during the event to obtain the animal not knowing a value pack would be provided.

Fairness aside, my real issue is with how the entire thing was presented to us. We were first given a pop of of great looking Halloween buildings and when we got excited, we were told 'No, you're not getting new buildings, you're getting skins for your current buildings.' Then we start the event and we see that well, no it's not really a skin is it? It's more like a redesign on the building that we can purchase if we want.

Then they put up old items in the market for limited time sale for gems and that was fine, great even. When the timer ran out on those items, they put different Halloween items from past events up in the market, again for gems, including what looks exactly like the stable from last year's event. Great again. How would we possibly know that it wasn't the same from last year?

To me this all seems like lack for planning and vague if not outright misinformation. We are the consumers and it shouldn't be on us to have to get in contact with the company to try and suss out what should have been plainly stated from the beginning. How many of us are not going to be switching to the current Gothic buildings because we still have no information on how this will work going forward? Is this what we can expect for our events now?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post

To me this all seems like lack for planning and vague if not outright misinformation. We are the consumers and it shouldn't be on us to have to get in contact with the company to try and suss out what should have been plainly stated from the beginning. How many of us are not going to be switching to the current Gothic buildings because we still have no information on how this will work going forward? Is this what we can expect for our events now?
    Totally agree. I won't be buying the Haunted or Gothic anything. The one Gothic cottage I have will be it. I have also stopped levelling up that one and have stopped actively working on levelling up the Tomb as well since I'm not convinced doing so will yield anything useful.

Rhino Keeper
    Why do my cows keep spawning Fangbeasts? This event has been so frustrating. Not really interested in exchanging my Keep, but still want to level up the Tomb. Would've been nice to have the Haunted Keep as an additional building since I missed it the last time, but I don't care for the cosmetic changes to existing buildings as"prizes". I really want the Ghostly Knight but the drop rates and required energy for this event is making that doubtful. I bought one ugly Withering Bush bundle and have made extras for a total of 14. That's helped get the the required Withering Roses for the upgrades. On the positive side: I bought the Witch's Cauldron and I've been pleased with its' drops.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    I agree, it is the same thing. I don't get the exclusivity thing though.... let people buy what they want with their gems. Some people aren't interested in these goals but would spend real money to have the rewards. What does it matter who worked hard for them, you don't have to do the goals at all if you chose not too, if you do chose to do them then you obviously don't mind the hard work.
    I couldn't care less who gets to buy past rewards I've worked hard to get... if I chose to work at getting them then that's my business, how someone else gets them isn't my business.
    Take the Loveshack for example, I've got it because I was playing the game back when it was released but I wouldn't care if they re-released it now so other people can have it. It doesn't enhance my game to be one of the players who has it and honestly it would feel good to see people actually being happy in the game because this sought after item was made available to them now.
    Anyway that's my thoughts on things.

I took a break from the game over the summer and came back for Halloween goals and play. I see some things never change. Most people are still unhappy with how these goals are run. Too much pressure, babysitting game, rehashed rewards, bad drops, uncertain future usefulness of rewards etc, etc. While I'm sorry to see the same problems, it has made it so much easier for me to be over all this... I'll play as time allows and I no longer care what I get and don't get.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    What happened to my "Will Page III"????? I was collecting them while working on leveling up my tomb to lvl 5. After I leveled up, they all disappeared and I have to start collecting them again! Have others had this issue? Will it happen to the other wills I have collected ahead of time?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by vickyville14 View Post
    What happened to my "Will Page III"????? I was collecting them while working on leveling up my tomb to lvl 5. After I leveled up, they all disappeared and I have to start collecting them again! Have others had this issue? Will it happen to the other wills I have collected ahead of time?
    make sure u're not using two devices with different updates. Pika posted this warning some time back in the forum.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 10-24-17 at 11:20 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    make sure u're not using two devices with different updates. Pika posted this warning some time back in the forum.
    I only play on an I-pad.