Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Little Monster Dragon October 17 2017

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentray View Post
    Hello Breeders,

Breeding any specific 3-color Super Rare already requires a substantial amount of luck... doing so within 7 days, while also having 27 hours to complete breeding, 27 hrs for hatching, and 27 hrs for 1 evolution to enable this Little Monster to breed and get the 1250 Tricks is quite sadistic.

After researching multiple combinations, unfortunately, there's isn't a standout breeding combination. Tarot types are intriguing as they provide the required Purple, Blue, Yellow types, and one can therefore utilize the Mystic, Old Hermit or Lovers dragons... but alas they provide no better odds then the simple combos. Likewise, using Black (blue/purple), Cosmic (yellow/purple), Rainbow (yellow/blue), Royal (yellow/purple), and even Zodiac (yellow/black) types don't eliminate any fails or improve your odds.

Essentially all combos with the three colors yield the same 5 pesky Commons: Volt (5 hrs), Genie (8), Coral (10), Neo Bubble (10), and the frustrating Mist (14)... expect to be happy when your fail is only a Genie. Ignoring the tier of at least 10 Rares (notable landmines include Wizard (22) and the despair-inducing Penumbra (25), the Super Rare tier itself is overly crowded with at least 10 other options, including the frustrating Social (21) and the soul crushing 'did you get me when it counted' Candy Hoard (30).

One could slightly improve your chances by eliminating combos that provide additional Super Rares like Peacock or black-type combos (e.g., Bonfire, Midnight, Summer Elf), but having the Little Monster be 1 of 11 possible SR combos vs. 1 of 12 or 1 of 14 is only a microscopic advantage. Theoretically, also not adding Diamond to the mix could potentially improve odds too, as if your breeding lottery hit the 1% Ultra Rare jackpot without diamond in the mix, it should then provide a Super Rare option, which has a 1 of 11 chance of being your Little Monster. (Although, most would probably want the diamond hybrid vs a SR Little Monster, Penumbra, or the oh-so-not-funny Trickster...).

We have to assume Storm8 boosted the algorithm such that if your breeding calc. slots to a Super Rare, you must have a better chance of the Little Monster than the other 10+ SRs (otherwise, this will be near impossible...). Spending gold on Boosted Breeding (which I don't advocate) appears to be the only way to significantly increase your chances. If Little Monster is a more likely outcome than other SRs, then Boosting would provide you a decent chance of completing the goal.

In summary, feel free to try any wacky purple/blue/yellow combo +/- diamond type. I'm mostly going to use dragons that help me complete bingo. If you're one of the lucky ones that get the Little Monster in the first 3-4 days and claim the 1250 Tricks... be very happy!! If not, be consoled that the Skeleking and his 20,000 Tricks appear to be reasonably and thankfully obtainable through daily non-Gold-boosted play.

-Serpentray
    Well thought out. Thanks a bunch!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ozigal View Post
    This having to breed a certain dragon is getting very tedious. Fail after fail after fail. I am not feeling the love S8.
    Thanks to all that are posting their lucky breeding pair, hopefully the S8 gods look down upon us who are struggling to achieve this goal. Maybe my dragons need to attend a fertility clinic.
    Fertility clinic! Sign mine up too!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MsKittySik View Post
    We just bred Little Monster Dragon my husband and I both, using Peacock and Storm
    I used the same and did not get it. Strange lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuck View Post
    Fertility clinic! Sign mine up too!! LOL
    Being fertile doesn't guarantee your dragon the birth of choice. You might end up with a quintuplet of Candy Hoard dragons. LOL

Am so disappointed with s8 on this venture. Super rare tri.color.27 hr cook time, really?????? Y'all seems just greedy and want Gold gold gold and just don't GAS about our trails and failures. Uz coulda used dbl color and less time, but snap this is just wrong. Im done, I quit, not even gonna try, glad I already have skeleking and almost queen, so irrelevant at this point. Good luck all, and shame shame shame on u at s8...

Host(ess)
    Tried that got a 32 hour fail lol breeding thing says is a beryl Dragon blue and diamond I will take it I don't have that one yet lol

Fashion Designer
    I've just about given up on this one

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Being fertile doesn't guarantee your dragon the birth of choice. You might end up with a quintuplet of Candy Hoard dragons. LOL
    That would be disastrous! ROFLMBO!!

Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    I've just about given up on this one
    I feel your pain. I keep thinking about giving up too every time I see a 23 timer instead of 27. But then I know I want to attempt to breed something so I continue with no definite expectations in mind and hope I get a surprise of a 27 hour timer.

Banned
    I've pretty well given up hope on this one. Plus now there are other cute Halloween dragons to breed for. I did get a Tricorn dragon, though, my first, and I will evolve him/her up and try breeding it with a Diamond or something.

Executive Chef
    @kooky : could you ask when the sale will end ? and if the dragon will stay ? thx
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast