View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

7 2.06%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

263 77.58%
  • Remain The Same

69 20.35%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Rhino Keeper
    Has anyone ever had time to complete the additional appliance cooking that sometimes is unlocked after the main challenge prize?
    Aka 🐪 Rajaz 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who do challenges, don't mind me not visiting and want food (like me) between goals. Please post on my wall otherwise I won't accept your invitation

Rhino Keeper
    Make it longer or im done too. I gave s8 a whole year ... a year where i could NOT complete a single goal is rs or bs! And ive got 13 plus years of resources and my ovens running 24/7 and not 1 goal completed! I wont do a year 2 of this bull. Fix or i am out too. Btw i quit supporting storm 8 games because of this issue in bakery and restaurant stories and i had supported $$$ in all the games including castle and dragon not 1 penny will i spend in any of their games till these games are back to being enjoyable. Id rather put my money into a game i know im going to be playing in a month not one ive been thinking about dropping cause its worse than a job

Not liking the goals

I have been playing this gafor more years than I can even remember and I am ready to quit. I have not completed a goal in many months because they are too long with too many items needed. I make to last item and then its 8 hrs left. You took the fun out of it and made it like a job. If it doesn't change, I will just close up and find a simpler game to play. Only way to complete goal is to purchase. Thats not right.
    I miss the old days when this was fun to play, not stressful and aggravating

Farm Supplier
    I have switched to only doing the side goal and all five day goals. I am SO much happier this way. It's basically stress free. I actually earn coins from my food now instead of spending whatever I could earn in two weeks on new items (2 new expensive appliances, 6 new expensive recipes, wall d?cor I don't usually use, etc). You can build up a decent collection using just these shorter goals, combined with occasional sales (I bought all the frozen lake floor tiles at 500 apiece), and you end up finally building all those other appliances you have been meaning to build over the years. Maybe I will put together a cost calculator to compare to show people how much they are effectively giving up by engaging in the main goals. I am telling you, it is insane. Change to side+5 only, and you will be so much happier and at least kind of enjoy the game. Think about it. None of us do all the goals ever anyway. When they offer you a couple thousand coins in exchange for winning every single crate prize on a new crate, you don't expect to win that one either, do you? So just treat the main goal like a nuisance, in my opinion, and after buying your flooring and wallpaper, assuming you like the side goal prize enough to buy those, just chill enough to rock those. It's not perfect but SO much better, and it avoids burnout (I left the game for 18 months because of burnout from it), which is great. Try it!

Farm Supplier
    LONGER!! I work nights sleep days and I'm a single mom. I used to love this game when I started playing back in 2013 but now it's hard to keep up with building new stoves when you need 28 parts but can only get 20 gifts a day. I have 138 neighbors but it's not much help when I have a quota on gifts and part request. If you finish on time good for you but I have yet to finish a goal. 28 parts and 15 days with only 20 gifts a day and then a lot of the times it's a gift sent the day before and I need parts for the second goal and have to wait another X amount of hours before k can get them. This game used to be fun I took a 2 year break and now I remember why I did. It's no longer fun.

New Resident
    "The North Wind & the Sun" - Aesop Fable

The North Wind and the Sun had a quarrel about which of them was the stronger. While they were disputing with much heat and bluster, a Traveler passed along the road wrapped in a cloak.

"Let us agree," said the Sun, "that he is the stronger who can strip that Traveler of his cloak."

"Very well," growled the North Wind, and at once sent a cold, howling blast against the Traveler.

With the first gust of wind the ends of the cloak whipped about the Traveler's body. But he immediately wrapped it closely around him, and the harder the Wind blew, the tighter he held it to him. The North Wind tore angrily at the cloak, but all his efforts were in vain.

Then the Sun began to shine. At first his beams were gentle, and in the pleasant warmth after the bitter cold of the North Wind, the Traveler unfastened his cloak and let it hang loosely from his shoulders. The Sun's rays grew warmer and warmer. The man took off his cap and mopped his brow. At last he became so heated that he pulled off his cloak, and, to escape the blazing sunshine, threw himself down in the welcome shade of a tree by the roadside.

Gentleness and kind persuasion win where force and bluster fail.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need to add that the current goals strategy feels like the North Wind, or is it clear enough?

The goals are impossible to complete, there are too many parts/steps with cooking times that are way too long

Exactly like most people commenting as of recently, the goal length should remain at 14 days but the requirements for number of dishes served should be reduced or the number of parts required for the second goal appliance should be reduced to match the first goal appliance. I think this would make the goals remain as a fair challenge while being reasonable to complete for most players.

I agree with PeachCulivator cut back on number of parts required and cut back on the number of dishes that need to be prepared

Farm Supplier
    The time frame is fine but the requirements are ridiculous!! 40 items of a 10 hour recipie? It can?t be done without wasting gems 🤷🏼*♀️