View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

7 2.06%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

263 77.58%
  • Remain The Same

69 20.35%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Rhino Keeper
    Longer. We have lives

HERE'S AN IDEA...

1.) Keep the 2-week Main Goals the same
    2.) Start the Side Goals after the duration of
    the main goals
    3.) Reduce the # of the new parts needed
    for goal ovens, stoves, etc.
    Ex. - if 3 parts are required, make it so
    that there's 6 of each part needed.
    4.) Use older parts related to the theme of
    the new goal.
    Ex. - this past goal, parts could've
    included older related themed
    parts some of us have collecting
    dust in storage

***** Just my 2 cents ! *****
    Last edited by SBDOVER72; 10-11-17 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Changed punctuation
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Nightclub Owner
    I've just come from the BS forum and voting on this exact issue. In that thread pixiegamer laid out a timeline plan and the issues many face with the current plan that I thought made a lot of sense. Perhaps they could copy and paste it here as I think it's relevant in RS also, not just BS.

I'm level 99 and have been playing for years so I am always able to complete the goals in the time given, but I admit it's not conducive to relaxed playing. I prefer having the option to go on about my day without having to worry if one of my recipes will expire or if I'm falling behind in a goal. I also think that if they only offered one month long goal, perhaps the team at S8 would be able to focus on creating truly new content.

I'm always glad to see anything new in my games so I don't really mind recycled content too much, but I know it irks a lot of people and maybe a longer goal time would cut back on this. I love these games and will continue to play them and complete the goals regardless of time, but it would be a much better playing experience for me if it were more relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've just come from the BS forum and voting on this exact issue. In that thread pixiegamer laid out a timeline plan and the issues many face with the current plan that I thought made a lot of sense. Perhaps they could copy and paste it here as I think it's relevant in RS also, not just BS.

I'm level 99 and have been playing for years so I am always able to complete the goals in the time given, but I admit it's not conducive to relaxed playing. I prefer having the option to go on about my day without having to worry if one of my recipes will expire or if I'm falling behind in a goal. I also think that if they only offered one month long goal, perhaps the team at S8 would be able to focus on creating truly new content.

I'm always glad to see anything new in my games so I don't really mind recycled content too much, but I know it irks a lot of people and maybe a longer goal time would cut back on this. I love these games and will continue to play them and complete the goals regardless of time, but it would be a much better playing experience for me if it were more relaxed.
    I personally like the two week goals it makes it so the game doesn’t get too boring waiting around for two or three weeks for a new goal for those of us who complete them in the first week or so. I think a good compromise would be to extend the goal time to three weeks and have a monthly update where they bring in new non goal related content. I think that’s fair.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    I personally like the two week goals it makes it so the game doesn’t get too boring waiting around for two or three weeks for a new goal for those of us who complete them in the first week or so. I think a good compromise would be to extend the goal time to three weeks and have a monthly update where they bring in new non goal related content. I think that’s fair.
    Yes, I agree. As I noted, PG posted a proposed monthly plan of sorts as a suggestion and I believe it was basically this:

Week 1 - 30-Day Goal
    Week 2 - Side Quest for LTO
    Week 3 - "Regular" Update
    Week 4 - Sale

I think that most players would be amenable to this set up as it offers longer goal time but without ages of wait time for those who have already finished. I'd recommend reading the original post in the BS thread of the same title as PG also offers a list of issues and proposed fixes.

Pixiegamer, sorry for quoting you without showing your entire post but my cell doesn't like this forum so much so I'm limited as to what I can do. If it's a problem, feel free to delete.

Edit (Pixie) - no worries you're good!
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 10-12-17 at 11:20 AM.

Agree with joolie12. And vote for "longer" please, as there are way too many dishes to cook for side goal and that takes a lot of time!

Longer

New Resident
    My opinion is the current length allotted for goals is just right. Longer goal times would equate to boredom for me. I am happy with things as they currently are.

Fashion Designer
    If you want to keep new players, they need to be able to do the goals. With the high coin limits and short times, not to mention requiring so many parts, the newbies just cannot do them. So they quit.

It's bad enough that they can't get old goal items & recipes, then they can't get new ones.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphirefox1 View Post
    I dislike the 14 day time limit. As others here have said on work time other commitments and rushing them which spoils game enjoyment.
    Not everyone can do them in a week plus side tasks. Longer is better, even if 21 or 22 days.

I like it as was before too and mentioned above by alot players 1 monthly goal, 1 New decor Update, 1 sale or LTO quest spread out.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-23-17 at 10:24 AM. Reason: edited quote/remove mod action comments

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast