View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

7 2.06%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

263 77.58%
  • Remain The Same

69 20.35%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

All goals for a challenge should be identified.in Bakery story in 2+ days behind because I didn't realize I had to buy the wallpaper & floor tiles to open the challenge, and was confused about why I was unable to start the second (but looked like first) goal. Why show 2nd goal is locked?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by museglo View Post
    All goals for a challenge should be identified.in Bakery story in 2+ days behind because I didn't realize I had to buy the wallpaper & floor tiles to open the challenge, and was confused about why I was unable to start the second (but looked like first) goal. Why show 2nd goal is locked?
    Sorry you're having this issue but every goal release has a point where two goals will open at the same time but one must be completed before in order to access all the items. If you read carefully, the goals will have little blurbs written underneath the tasks that can help point you in the right direction such as 'Complete xxx to unlock,' however, most players just come to the forums to see the info instead, we're all here to help each other out when we can!

On the day a goal is released, players will post the relevant info on the forum for others to use; there is literally a thread for every s8 game goal I've come across! At the moment, I handle the RS/BS goals so I can say for certain that on day 1 of the goal you'll be able to find all the goals, their requirements in the order that they need to be completed and include images of all the new items to try and help players decide if they want to participate or if they think they'll be able to finish in time. You can also find a calendar that tells you when the next goal should be released so you can better prepare for their arrivals!

If you're interested, here's the links for the current goals:

Bakery Story: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...y-05-(15-Days)

Restaurant Story: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...y-07-(15-Days)

What I find interesting is these comments seemed to fall on deaf ears, do you not pay any attention to what your players say? Some of these were several years ago, still same problems exist. The game is not fun when you design goals that are so demanding that you practically have to put life on hold to complete. And you definitely need better confirmation on spending gems.

It should be longer than 15 days cause in my case, I'm progressing a little slower so I can't complete the goal in time specially when it has to do with ovens cause you have to reach a certain number of level before you can purchase another oven.

I used to be able to complete all the goals. I started playing years ago. Now, I usually get no further than building the 2nd appliance and opening the first or occasionally the 2nd recipe. Last time, I didn't even get to the 2nd appliance.

I don't have time to constantly check forums. I have family and friends with life threatening illnesses and do this for relaxation. It is no luck ne'er fun and I am backed no off from many of the games.

Longer would be OK, less to do would be better. Currently there is a '15 day' goal (started at 14 days for me!). I have to work to get the money to buy the items for the 1st part, I'll probably be down to 11 or less by the time I get to part 2. Now I'll have 30 hours of cooking to do, plus building 2 more ovens. OK even with one oven I'll probably be done the cooking before I get both more built. So down to 9 (if I'm lucky) days now, and probably out of money again. Only on part 3, 80 hours of cooking divided over 3 ovens, but I need 44k to buy decorations, so minimum another couple of days, even if I wake up to cook, 7 days now (probably not that many) and only 1/3 of the way through. No way I'm going to get done. I might get finished with the Oven part, I'm unlikely to get far with the Stove, so I'll have another permanently unfinished appliance. Does it matter though, will I ever need these appliances again?

In Fashion Story Thanksgiving I have a similar issue, but more often with the huge amount of money needed. I currently have 2 missions that need (besides other things) expansion to 14x17 (1 million), 1 that needs 15x18, 1 that needs 16x19, and one that needs a Closet item that IIRC costs 40 gems! I'll never have that many gems, there's no 'are you sure?' so they just get spent by accident.

I do rather like your games, but I increasingly find them frustrating, and will probably just quit at some point when I get too fed up. They are also quite buggy, saying they can't find my Wifi, even when it is on. And leaving Wifi always on on an older Kindle means I have to recharge it constantly.

I wish they can change the goal like the old days

I stop playing this game a year ago and come back this year and I notice that the goal is harder than before. Before you just need 4 to 6 pcs if each parts to build the oven now you need 40pcs or parts so it takes long to build and the parts of the goal is always new you can't reuse the parts to other appliances like before that in every goal appliances there is a mallet, iron press or other basic parts

Farm Supplier
    True, but the flip side is that if you keep cooking the 1st appliance after its goals are met, you can gain enough collectibles to meet and actually exceed the goal requirements for the later goals., IMO. Still not as convenient, but the collectibles aspect makes a difference.

I'm another who will never buy gems as long as they are so often stolen, not that I can afford much since I'm on a low fixed income. As far as goals, I find it frustrating to have to have all three of a stove to get the second + recipes. I can do it by storing, cooking, storing... over and over but that can take a long time, especially since the parts don't drop at all evenly, so I can end up spending a couple of hours just to get enough of the last one, after all the time spent to get the rest. Also some of the times to cook plus quantity can be pretty difficult, even though I don't go out now in these days of the pandemic. I have to sleep and eat though, and sometimes I have connectivity issues.

Farm Supplier

Longer time

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Hey all,

This thread (and poll) is to gather feedback regarding the 15-day goal timers - do you think the timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Unlike the goal-related feedback polls, this poll is staying open indefinitely, and respondents only get one (still anonymous) vote each. Please feel free to vote above and share your comments here. Your feedback is greatly appreciated

make the time longer so we have enough time to finish the goal.You have to have too much parts
    Or Lessen the quantity of parts.

Also the 5 day goal pls add more days to complete the task. Like 7 days because the dishes are too much time like first goal 20h dish and second goal all short and the third long again which you cannot combine

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast