View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

7 2.06%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

263 77.58%
  • Remain The Same

69 20.35%
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Executive Chef
    I do hope you guys listen. It clearly says that 75% of the couple hundred of us that voted said more time. But on the flip side, if it wasn?t nearly impossible to actually MAKE the ovens/machines in order to even participate in the goals, we wouldn?t need so much time or even more. I?m lucky if I can even get 3 of the machine. I have tons of machines that I made 1 or 2 of when I used to make like 10-12. If there was also another way to earn the little collectable parts that allow us to get the machine parts then this wouldn?t be so difficult.

I get it it?s a business and you guys need to make money. But I think there will always be people who want to spend real money on the decor alone. So I don?t think changing these things for the benefit of your players would hurt you guys much. I have been playing since 2010. It used to be very different. More fun indeed. For me at least. I stepped away for a long while because I was sick of having machines with locked recipes b/c I couldn?t finish enough machines to complete the goal threads. Had to speak up. So again I do hope you guys take our feedback and actually listen to what we want at least a little bit.

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=ginrae22;1637045]I do hope you guys listen. It clearly says that 75% of the couple hundred of us that voted said more time. But on the flip side, if it wasn?t nearly impossible to actually MAKE the ovens/machines in order to even participate in the goals, we wouldn?t need so much time or even more. I?m lucky if I can even get 3 of the machine. I have tons of machines that I made 1 or 2 of when I used to make like 10-12. If there was also another way to earn the little collectable parts that allow us to get the machine parts then this wouldn?t be so difficult.

Personally, I wish they would go back to the 30 day goal idea. Id also like to see them bring back weekly updates, even if it was just over the holidays, like Halloween thru Christmas. Decorating and buying gems for decorating, has/have gone stale. All we get are goal prizes. I use to spend money on gems to decorate, but now, its \ the same thing till next goal and BF sales just keep rehashing the same stuff. Though this year, Restaurant Story actually had some new things, but only a few. :-/

I get the feeling Storm is a bit short sited when it comes to making money. Making money is like a game of chess, you have a to sacrifice a few pawns to grab the queen and king! You have to see the long goal.

Rhino Keeper
    I also have another thought...why do the goals always start in the evenings? Why cant they start at reset? I have found that the real issue for the timer is in the time you loose in the beginning. If the goal starts at 2pm, or 3pm for some, you only have a short number of hours to cook anything till most retire for the night. Since we can only usually get one oven built within the first day. That is two ovens for the first recipe. If you retire at 10pm, for a reference, that’s 8 of the first recipe completed. You wouldn’t be able to put anymore recipes on to cook or you would wake up to spoiled food. Then back to cooking in the morning.
    When the second recipe is reaches, youre usually still struggling with 2 ovens and at this point, the time doubles!
    I have found that I barely make the goals by maybe a day or two, and that has me babysitting ovens all day and night!!

For the love of cake!!

Rhino Keeper
    I only buy 3 of each oven and I finish every goal in 10 days. I think the problem is 1: We need wayyyyyyyyyy too many parts. I remember playing this game 3 years ago when I built 5 ovens in one day. That made things go so much quicker. Ovens required an older part and a newer part but less quantity. Look I am not using gems or spending money to build ovens. I will buy gems for decor and crates...but not ovens. You are wasting your time. 2: We need to make wayyyyyyy too many items for each recipe and the hours are too long. When you have to make 25 of something that take 10 hours to cook each recipe do the math. All that said I do finish in about 10 days with every goal. I finish side goals in 2-3 days. It needs to go back to using older parts and requiring less parts per oven. We all have HUGE stocks of older parts. I mean it takes forever to send people older parts because they are so far back in catalog. At what point will you stop having 4 new parts for every goal. The catalogue won't be able to contain it at some point.
    Another issue is I rarely am able to get the full 20 parts whether I delete wrong gifts or not. I lose At least 10 parts a week and this needs to be fixed. This has gone on since I started playing. This contributes to not being able to build the ovens as quick. Whether I delete or not wrong gifts, I should be able to get the full 20. Its why I stay up for a 2 am reset and have to ANNOY my neighbors by posting my gift requests not only on my wall but theirs. I sadly have to delete neighbors all the time that gift wrong because I lose gifts. I shouldn't have to do that. But this is a game and there is a strategy. if I don't get parts I want then I can't build ovens that day. So please fix all these issues we have asked for for years or just get out of this game. We want to be heard.
    I think we need to get weekly updates to buy NEW and OLDER decor. Just bring back EVERYTHING for each season. i.e. Right now everything every made for Winter, Christmas, and New Years should be available. If it's an oven, it should have all OLDER recipes. I want older ovens because I like the recipes (not the oven). You are missing a HUGE money making potential.
    And while I am at it, put all the current season items in front of the catalog. It takes ALL DAY to remodel because every item you put out that is older brings you back to beginning of catalog. Why does this have to be? What do you gain in having us model ALL DAY? And I have a smaller bakery and restaurant then most.
    Floor tiles need to come way down in price also. It is hard to get the look you want when each tile is 10,000 coins. They should be affordable for those of us that have expanded. Instead of paycheck to paycheck like in my real life, it is coin to coin because I can't keep them in stock.
    The stuff that has been released is so small. Like these recent crates every item being one floor tile in length is insane. If I am spending money, then I want quality and bigger items. Those items should be coins. The things that should be gems are things like Haunted House, Ski Rental, and bigger items like that.
    Lastly, when will Christmas items be put out? Almost everyone has decorated for Christmas and it should have all been released on Black Friday. I haven't used any coins other than for goals in months because I am waiting for the Christmas items to be put out.
    Please get it together. If you aren't going to listen to what we want and have no interest in making this game the most fun it can be for us, while being a money maker for you then just close the games down. It doesn't seem like your hearts have been in the game for years, although all your users are fully addicted to it and most of us lose sleep over it.
    I know I completely just wasted my time and this fell on deaf ears, but I will make an effort anyways. Now you decide.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnLovesDD View Post
    I only buy 3 of each oven and I finish every goal in 10 days. I think the problem is 1: We need wayyyyyyyyyy too many parts. I remember playing this game 3 years ago when I built 5 ovens in one day. That made things go so much quicker. Ovens required an older part and a newer part but less quantity. Look I am not using gems or spending money to build ovens. I will buy gems for decor and crates...but not ovens. You are wasting your time. 2: We need to make wayyyyyyy too many items for each recipe and the hours are too long. When you have to make 25 of something that take 10 hours to cook each recipe do the math. All that said I do finish in about 10 days with every goal. I finish side goals in 2-3 days. It needs to go back to using older parts and requiring less parts per oven. We all have HUGE stocks of older parts. I mean it takes forever to send people older parts because they are so far back in catalog. At what point will you stop having 4 new parts for every goal. The catalogue won't be able to contain it at some point.
    Another issue is I rarely am able to get the full 20 parts whether I delete wrong gifts or not. I lose At least 10 parts a week and this needs to be fixed. This has gone on since I started playing. This contributes to not being able to build the ovens as quick. Whether I delete or not wrong gifts, I should be able to get the full 20. Its why I stay up for a 2 am reset and have to ANNOY my neighbors by posting my gift requests not only on my wall but theirs. I sadly have to delete neighbors all the time that gift wrong because I lose gifts. I shouldn't have to do that. But this is a game and there is a strategy. if I don't get parts I want then I can't build ovens that day. So please fix all these issues we have asked for for years or just get out of this game. We want to be heard.
    I think we need to get weekly updates to buy NEW and OLDER decor. Just bring back EVERYTHING for each season. i.e. Right now everything every made for Winter, Christmas, and New Years should be available. If it's an oven, it should have all OLDER recipes. I want older ovens because I like the recipes (not the oven). You are missing a HUGE money making potential.
    And while I am at it, put all the current season items in front of the catalog. It takes ALL DAY to remodel because every item you put out that is older brings you back to beginning of catalog. Why does this have to be? What do you gain in having us model ALL DAY? And I have a smaller bakery and restaurant then most.
    Floor tiles need to come way down in price also. It is hard to get the look you want when each tile is 10,000 coins. They should be affordable for those of us that have expanded. Instead of paycheck to paycheck like in my real life, it is coin to coin because I can't keep them in stock.
    The stuff that has been released is so small. Like these recent crates every item being one floor tile in length is insane. If I am spending money, then I want quality and bigger items. Those items should be coins. The things that should be gems are things like Haunted House, Ski Rental, and bigger items like that.
    Lastly, when will Christmas items be put out? Almost everyone has decorated for Christmas and it should have all been released on Black Friday. I haven't used any coins other than for goals in months because I am waiting for the Christmas items to be put out.
    Please get it together. If you aren't going to listen to what we want and have no interest in making this game the most fun it can be for us, while being a money maker for you then just close the games down. It doesn't seem like your hearts have been in the game for years, although all your users are fully addicted to it and most of us lose sleep over it.
    I know I completely just wasted my time and this fell on deaf ears, but I will make an effort anyways. Now you decide.
    I hear you and agree completely! I would spend so much more cash (real money) on Storm8's games if they unlocked the old goals (ovens and all decor that went with the goal). From what I have been reading from others, many more players would pay real money as well. I know the technology is available to make this happen. I would even be willing to prepay some amount to get the ball rolling. I would be happy even if they unlocked only one old goal a month. I just can't wrap head around the current business model. They have so many AMAZING items that have already been created that tons of players want. It seems like in the long run, it would be a cash cow. I agree with you, I wish they would just do one high quality new goal a month. I'd add to it and say to re-release one old goal a month. Also agree about the lack of organization of the gifts and decor. Players have been bringing this up for numerous years, along with a confirm button for purchasing items from crates. I don't even go on the tab anymore for fear that one of my fat fingers will accidentally hit one instead of the arrows to scroll through the pages. So, to answer the question of this thread, I think the goal timers should be about the same, 2 weeks for one old goal and 2 weeks for one new goal. On a positive note, I really like the time on the 5 day goals and hope they continue the way they are currently. Compared to years ago, the 5 day goals have gotten more realistic to accomplish and the end goal prizes have been VERY generous. Storm8, please listen to and respond to your customers, particularly the ones who compensate you for all the hard work that is put into these awesome games!
    Last edited by Kbcabc; 12-22-20 at 06:49 PM.

One of my pet peeves is that we need to complete three stoves in the first step. That's a lot of parts, and at a stage where it's most difficult to get the parts. You can only request from friends once a day, and the collectibles from cooking are scarce when you have one recipe and one stove. Sometimes the expectation for time and number of dishes to be cooked are pretty unreasonable too.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnLovesDD View Post
    I agree 100%!!!!
    What is with these new ovens and the amount of new parts required to build them!? Why all the time and energy spent on creating new parts instead of using the basic parts all ovens used to be built with and so many long time players have spent time collecting? The cue is clogged with identical, repetitive parts of different colors and names that can only be used to build a single oven. Why!?!

Sooo many parts needed to build ovens that extras must mow be earned through "collectibles" or it could take you days to build a single oven. What was simple is now complicated and I'm of the opinion that all that time and energy would be better spent making pretty food that fits correctly on top of counters.

Fashion Designer
    Longer - if they want to leave the goals the way they are, then we should have 25 days, including the side goal. Then a 5-day goal, then a 25-day goal followed by another 5-day goal. This would give to team more time to make sure things are working and fit properly and be more creative, which I'm sure is important to them. And we wouldn't feel like the tops of our heads are going to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    Longer - if they want to leave the goals the way they are, then we should have 25 days, including the side goal. Then a 5-day goal, then a 25-day goal followed by another 5-day goal. This would give to team more time to make sure things are working and fit properly and be more creative, which I'm sure is important to them. And we wouldn't feel like the tops of our heads are going to explode.
    i agree, nbr.

(i haven't been keeping up with these RS/BS goal timing threads, though i'm aware that the desire for longer goals isn't unanimous (which is fine))

speaking as one who prefers longer than 15-day goals (at least every other goal), i find it absurd that not only has the 15-day goal been shortened, but also we're now expected to do that and the 5-day goal simultaneously.

i had been hoping this change would be a one-off experiment that they'd drop. sigh. i guess i'll keep that hope on the back burner, for now. one more disappointment to discourage play/interest (for some of us).

It needs to stay 15 days or longer and find a way for people who don?t finish to try to finish. It feels like a race, and it?s getting out of hand. Also, so many steps. Example- make 40 10 hour items, 30 5 hour items etc. Not mentioning the side goal. I own a business. This was suppose to be fun. It feels like a full time job. There should be an easier way to return gifts and to find what you need. Also, if you?re looking for things to place in your restaurant, most of the time it rolls back to the beginning. Both games are this way. Many of my neighbors have left. I take a lot of new people because no one wants them usually. It?s not fair to them. Items we need should be in abc order. Too much work, and no play.