• Agree

66 23.49%
  • Neutral

99 35.23%
  • Disagree

91 32.38%
  • I didn't participate

9 3.20%
  • I won all individual prizes (incl Lair/Werepea)

169 60.14%
  • I didn't win all individual prizes

65 23.13%
  • I wish we had a bit more time!

92 32.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/5 | Candy Conniption Community Event | EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    That is probably why It is almost impossible to complete fighting with fangbeast in 2 days to get the 24 fangbeast milk, suddenly no fangbeasts to be seen, I do not even bother with those quests anymore as I know that the spawning rate is lower than normal, also in the monster hunts.
    And Even though S8 says it doesn't change spawning rates that doesn't mean they didn't programmed it in a way that when something is needed in the game it is suddenly rare.
    It is easy to get paranoid when you are looking for a specific drop. Spawn rates and drops are just simply random. I have been crafting a lot of luminescence this week and using my mermaid scales. Yesterday I could not find mermaid scales in any of the usual places. If we needed scales for this quest, there would be about 50 posts saying S8 had turned off the mermaid scales to make us use gems. Lol. But today, all my wells and ponds are dropping scales like crazy. Some days, certain drops are rare. Then they cycle back around in the next day or so.

I know some players are convinced that there is a conspiracy about drops or spawns. Oh well.
    Last edited by kattkrazie; 10-10-17 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Apostrophes?
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by midsom View Post
    My ghost knights have stopped dropping the "usual" silver, coal and jewels and are now dropping one pumpkin, really not a nice trick S8, very pleased I havent spent any money on this lame prize.
    Sorry to hear that I am working very hard to get one. S8, that is discouragement
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AinoDK View Post
    Me too. I?m on level 8 and have enough masks and tails to go halfway to level 10, but only 9 fangs.
    Old Thomas didn?t seem that important in the beginning, but is now the bottleneck.

Now I?m beginning to use energy on the rock candies to produce treat bags. Might as well while waiting for Thomas
    Wow, lucky you, I am about to upgrade to level 7. Each time it is the weretails and I just wait and wait for skunks but battle fangbeasts instead (1 skunk for every 2 fbeasts...and i am only tapping chickens. If no monste spawns, I wait 30 minutes, I only collect from other things when a FB or wereskunk has spawned)

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    You are using various devices with different game versions. Upgrade them to the same level, stick to iOS or Android and don' t mix
    I am using an old version as well (winter castle) for the free gifts. So dont use this anymore till the quest is over... thanks for the answer. Think thats the problem. :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by punkskaatje View Post
    I have a problem with the skunk-o-lanterns, i have now only 20 but i recieved the wereskunk trap a couple of days ago...and suddenly i went from ....not sure..20 to 0.. Has anyone else that problem, and do we get the other skunk-o-lanterns back?
    Hopefully
    I had the same problem with the last community event, turned out it happened every time I played Castle story Winter. I still have Winter on my device, but I try not to open it during this event.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by punkskaatje View Post
    I am using an old version as well (winter castle) for the free gifts. So dont use this anymore till the quest is over... thanks for the answer. Think thats the problem. :-)
    It's definitely the problem .... When/if you upgrade the app your totals will recalculate correctly.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Q: where do you get wereskunk fangs.
    The information is on page 1 in quite a few places. Goal 5 has this info. The question mark on the event screen has this info.

I'm wondering if either it's not clear on page 1 and I can try and do something about that, or suggest that if you have bookmarked page 1 you need to refresh the screen/page daily (or even twice daily) at least. Last night I added the first community prize info and drops (what I received, as again, it looks like we all get different items), and retyped all of the info from the event screen as well as inventory item updates.

Given we are nearly half way through the cabin goals and the amount of fangs needed to upgrade is *lots*, if players don't realise where this item comes from then it will hold you up. If you have any feedback about making page 1 more helpful etc, so you can find what you're looking for, you know I am only more than willing to change it.

Nightclub Owner
    I fell into the trap of forgetting to collect from Old Thomas' house so I finally just moved his abode right next to the farmhouses I have out. The Wereskunk fangs are the only thing holding up my upgrades so hopefully I'll remember regular collections from here on out.

On the good side of things, the farmhouse treat bag drops are fairly regular in my realm, I've already crafted the Ghost Skunkupea and only need 3 bandages before I get the Mummy Fangpup. This is great news for me as I do want all the animals but haven't had time to focus on them what with all the upgrades needed.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm getting one dropped bag about 1 every 24h (I've even tried visiting the buildings Pika listed too but nothing).

The bags I did get, I've had to make and I'm about 1/4 of the way on the ghostpea, 1/4 the way on the toilet paper wrapped fangpup, and the direbore I have 2/20 and 3/15 on those items. I don't know if that's good or slow or what but I feel sort of defeated already, struggling with the house upgrades, and struggling with the ghost guy, and struggling with the little babies.

I have 9 farmhouses out. How many are people having out to get all their ghosts knights made and pets made already? Do I need to build more houses?

I'm whiny from the flu and fatigue, everything makes me feel defeated today.
    I use android and I do hit yes on new neighbors.
    I play Castle Story (DS and FS burnout, I'll be back to those though).
    I don't usually read my wall in the games.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by calicokittennope View Post
    I'm getting one dropped bag about 1 every 24h (I've even tried visiting the buildings Pika listed too but nothing).

The bags I did get, I've had to make and I'm about 1/4 of the way on the ghostpea, 1/4 the way on the toilet paper wrapped fangpup, and the direbore I have 2/20 and 3/15 on those items. I don't know if that's good or slow or what but I feel sort of defeated already, struggling with the house upgrades, and struggling with the ghost guy, and struggling with the little babies.

I have 9 farmhouses out. How many are people having out to get all their ghosts knights made and pets made already? Do I need to build more houses?

I'm whiny from the flu and fatigue, everything makes me feel defeated today.
    I have 21 farmhouses out. I have crafted the ghost knight, the ghost pea, and the mummy fangpup.

You can’t go wrong with having as many farmhouses as you can build. After you upgrade the cabin, you’ll feel less stressed and can work on the monster babies. We still have a lot of time to craft the babies.

The bottleneck for me was the fang necklaces from Old Thomas. Everything else can be done easily while waiting on those every 2 hrs. It would have been great if Thomas had dropped multiples rather than one fang. Good luck.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68