• Agree

66 23.49%
  • Neutral

99 35.23%
  • Disagree

91 32.38%
  • I didn't participate

9 3.20%
  • I won all individual prizes (incl Lair/Werepea)

169 60.14%
  • I didn't win all individual prizes

65 23.13%
  • I wish we had a bit more time!

92 32.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/5 | Candy Conniption Community Event | EXPIRED

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rembetiko View Post
    How come the same value pack is on the same account on ios € 10.99 and on Android (google play store) € 9.99?
    I double-checked, it contains the same items and the same amount. And I use an iPad and a xiaomi note smartphone .... very strange.
    I remember this was asked in DS too a while ago. It had something to do with the higher costs for payments in Apple apps...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    They are for crafting trick (or treat) bags in Ivy's nursery. I haven't seen or heard of any other use for them.
    Thanks a lot ;-)))

I have no clue how S8 programs their monster spawn rates, but I have firmly believe that they are programmed to be low when you have a task requiring them, and higher when you don't need them at all.

I only have the current event and a mermaid task in my goalbook, and I'm getting fangbeasts galore. However, during monster hunts, they are literally extinct. It's not random luck, but it's definitely bad luck. Lol!
    I totally agree!
    S8 can claim until the cows come home spawn rates aren't 'adjusted' but the rate is coded to do just as you stated. I'm getting crazy fangbeast spawn rates too.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I totally agree!
    S8 can claim until the cows come home spawn rates aren't 'adjusted' but the rate is coded to do just as you stated. I'm getting crazy fangbeast spawn rates too.
    Something is fishy, that's for sure. During monster hunts I never finish the daily fangbeast hunt because they just don't show up. This week, they are everywhere.

I can't quite figure out why I am doing this event. I don't like extra costumed animals. I don't want anymore seasonal deco which is what they seem to be dropping. Other than those items, am I missing something?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    Something is fishy, that's for sure. During monster hunts I never finish the daily fangbeast hunt because they just don't show up. This week, they are everywhere.

I can't quite figure out why I am doing this event. I don't like extra costumed animals. I don't want anymore seasonal deco which is what they seem to be dropping. Other than those items, am I missing something?
    Same! I don't like most of the prizes. not going to try to tame ghost or any others - perhaps after I get haunted cabin to level 10. Not too excited for Beast lair - but I want it - might be useful for monster hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Smr1019 View Post
    I got 2 so far from my taverns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotarch View Post
    8 t-farmhouse = every 3 a mask ( meanwhile maxed out ), and min 2 knights...
    play on IOS

not from p-taverns

@SW: can you pls ask the TEAM which buildings drops treat bags?
    just to clarify...
    *****Pika...

can you find out about what other buildings drop treat bags??? Thanks!!

So far, t-spires & taverns have been reported.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    I have no clue how S8 programs their monster spawn rates, but I have firmly believe that they are programmed to be low when you have a task requiring them, and higher when you don't need them at all.

I only have the current event and a mermaid task in my goalbook, and I'm getting fangbeasts galore. However, during monster hunts, they are literally extinct. It's not random luck, but it's definitely bad luck. Lol!

They are for crafting trick (or treat) bags in Ivy's nursery. I haven't seen or heard of any other use for them.
    They confirmed they do in the main quests, so that's what we know for sure!
    I really think they also do in events, why not there if they do somewhere else...
    I also think the droprates of event- and storyline-parts are manipulated (at least sometimes)...

I can't prove it's programmed, but the really big differences in rates when you want something or not and the differences every event between players having different bottlenecks is prove enough for me that rates are manipulated depanding on what you have and what you need. 😉

But they make the rules, we have to live with it or if we don't want that, we are free to quit the game!
    Last edited by Jackiesq; 10-09-17 at 11:47 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    well this is a hi & bye message. (waves, blows kisses, gropes Katt a little as i charge in, winks at SW & and steals a sweet from annias then promises to behave - ish)

For this quest ..... i'm doing a cavegirl !!! tx u for inspiring me cave

i know i'll be tempted thou so i'm having to go cold turkey on the board as a whole as i'll be tempted to pop in here toooo.

My thoughts so far, not that i'm sure people are interested but ...

i think luckily the ? info page from the community event has been written the best yet. i will admit thou there were few times at the start i thought what on earth was going on.

thou oddly instead of puzzling & reading re-reading the forums i just kinda went with it & thought ok i don't 'get it all' atm but by time i need to work out what on earth a fangpop thingy is i'm sure i'll have found it out (& i did).

i'm incredibly glad the ? tab mentioned old tommy's necklaces thou so i started collecting them early doors.

i think i'm doing ok. i'm pretty much ignoring everything except the community event atm & am concentrating on levelling the building.

i kinda gotten a routine each 2 hours 1) i make sure i have a wereskunk pop before i 2) check my farmhouses (as the knights sap energy)

3- then old tommy
    4- then my spellbloom thingy & mermaid bits & any other matinance
    5- then wiz schools/ali's
    6- chicken farming for wereskunks

oh & txs to the pesky elves i found myself short of bones at start the purple boars seemed to me best way to top up as you do have a good chance of getting an energy back therefore energy neutral.

my hut thingy is level 8, i've got lollys 19 & 20 outta 20 cooking. i am about 2/3 of skunks/necklaces & masks

i was pleasantly surprised the elvaan boosts work on the pumpkins. i've had a cooking boost running 24/7 for the pops thou i probably don't need but it's nice to use the silver & bronze token mountains i'd obtained.

i have as far as the 'ingredients' to make the pets things (like the white paint etc) between 5-9 across the board. i've made a couple of treat bags (which seem a bit stingy)

Thou i've ended up having to make a second baby fangy txs to the amount of fangbeast pops

as i've been pretty much only doing the farmhouses when i have a spawn (thou i do forget) i'm low on the knight (WHICH graphics wise i LURVE) 8/80 but i have time after i know so i'm not tooo bothered.

the fact the event building is a 4 hour not 2 had been worrying me. especially as & this has been the most tempting thing to find out & i am a bit worried bcos i don't know how many pumpkins i'm going to need for the individual prize.

i have i think about 210??? atm, so fingers crossed.

bad points (sorry nothing is perfect thou & this is much better & most are just niggles)

it's a very energy intensive quest, i worry for lower levels & non ali-herders, but it is nice that it seems a lot less luck/unlucky based then some quests have been.

i know it's just pixels & im not really 'wasting' eggs but i wish the sweets cud have used eggs not milk. just an idea for next time/event it's just more satisfying for the player then wasting (yes i'm making tonnes of noodles lol)

i am glad thou that it's chickens not wool/sheep. buying & raising many multiples of chickens is coins & not tooo expensive which is easier for lower level players. i've got more chickens out atm then Colonel Saunders.

i LOVED the lawyer quest and earning buildings. It is castle story not zoo story, sometimes i do wonder.

this is more a niggle & something i'm sure cleverer people then i have noticed & you all talked about but the 3rd community prize ??? which we always seem to get at the nick of time as the intrepid hero rescues the girl from the railroad tracks.

it's bits to make the building???

surely wudnt the vast majority of players be completed by then? or am i maybe getting this wrong ?

cud S8 maybe throw in i dunno some spooky extra from all the years past events as a surprise extra treat? wud hate the quest to go out on a fizzle rather then a bang ?????

also the (ghostly encounter quest) in the trade wagon for completing it & making a knight im earning a token to make the knight??? is this the norm? or am i getting this wrong (i'd rather a few wereskunk tails)

talking of wereskunk things are they actually kitsune or vulpix? mine all have 3 tails 2 of their own & a rats lol. shrugs. :-D which least makes me smile & the spawn rate isn't horrible. so not a bad point at all.

the best point so far is no flapping winged birds like last quests with goose/swans/ducks & whatevers. i so don't do wings.

it is sad thou that i have to end this way to long post on a bad note. for a higher level player with energy supplements it is energy intensive, but i'm enjoying it AND is a long long time left on the clock. wish i cud send few energy ticks to lower level mates & neighbours good luck on this one x x x

but that's not the bad point/problem i have to leave you with

(& sorry - i hope people only skim read it or not at all, else it's 20 minutes of your lives wasted) BUT ......

STILL NO PENGUINS ?????

imagine a little penguin duckula type pet !!!! he already has the suit on
    Last edited by appppppplecrumble; 10-09-17 at 12:01 PM. Reason: can't count

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    It's not fully random and there is a pattern in spawning monsters! An S8 employee wrote in another event that the spawnrates for (regular) monsters can be different for players because some open quests in the goalbook can give you a different spawningrate for some monsters! So if you get much more or less fangbeasts during this event comparing to other players, big chance that's not the random "luck"-factor, but probably because of your open quests comparing to the open quests of the other players!
    I meant that Treat Bags dropping may be random. If they drop somewhere for someone, they may drop somewhere different for another person. Possibly trying to figure out a pattern may not be useful.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I meant that Treat Bags dropping may be random. If they drop somewhere for someone, they may drop somewhere different for another person. Possibly trying to figure out a pattern may not be useful.
    No I'm afraid there's no place were we all have a high rate for getting them. And the only pattern I see with my bags is that the drops seems to get less interesting every bag... 😕 I started with 2 drops for the little monsters each time, but now I'm getting coins, sugar and pumpkins more and more.