Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard: King's Curse, 3rd October 2017

Fashion Designer
    Well I am bowing out now. I actually did want to win this one but it's not looking good. I was set up pretty good at the beginning too. I had 4 nests, 2 dens, my evolution temple, and arctic isles all ready to go. I boosted right off the bat and sat in 1st for a couple of hours. Within a day someone surpassed me by 2000 points and now they're ahead of me by 6000, which puts them at over 10000 points! The thing that frustrates me most about leaderboards is that they're not set up to be fair among the players. The winner is the person who is willing to spend the most money. Which is not really winning at all. I won't be wasting any more time on this event. Instead I'll build up resources for the next one

Fashion Designer
    The leader in my group has over 15,000 points lol so out of my league it isn’t even funny.

New Resident
    So, this is a new one on me. Overnight, 4 players in my group boosted to exactly 43,574 points. I would guess the same person, or people coordinating. The part I find exceedingly strange, is why they would burn the resources (x4) to go that high, when the next player after them is under 5.000 points?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Retief View Post
    So, this is a new one on me. Overnight, 4 players in my group boosted to exactly 43,574 points. I would guess the same person, or people coordinating. The part I find exceedingly strange, is why they would burn the resources (x4) to go that high, when the next player after them is under 5.000 points?
    They're after skeleking points through the breeding. Don't actually get why since that dragon will be hard not to get if your dragon den is full all this month.

Well, the prize wheel is a disappointment. All but one spin has been laugh-o lanterns. That's a broken algorithm.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by StefaninaFla View Post
    Well, the prize wheel is a disappointment. All but one spin has been laugh-o lanterns. That's a broken algorithm.
    I've gotten almost all laugh o lanterns, too. Only 3 spins have landed on something else (2 chests, 1 coins).

Not happy that I have to play against myself in the leaderboard for the fourth time, on one account I am in 6th place and the other I am 7th, the people above me are always boosting and trying to beat each other and I doubt if I can get any higher, do not think it is worth my gold to try. Will be a very interesting finish to see who can spend the most.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Btw, some calculations:

We need 6,000 points to reach the final milestone, devided by 7 days, is 857 points per day.

Breeding dens: 2 dens x 24 hour x 3 points per hour = 144 points per day
    Evolution temples: 2 temples x 24 hours x 3 points per hour = 144 points per day
    Nests: 4 nests x 24 hours x 3 points per hour = 288 points per day
    Together, that gives 576 points per day.

Times 7, that's 4,032 points in total.

When you're on IOS, you can also use your Arctic Islands, which give you an extra of:
    Frozen evolution temple: 1 x 24 x 3 = 72
    Frozen Nest: 1 x 20 x 3 = 60 (unless you wanna wake up in the middle of the night, you can't have it going 24/7)
    Frozen breeding den: 1 x 24 x 5 = 120 (doesn't give points per hour)
    So, that's a maximum of 252 points per day, provided you can play perfectly.

Times 7, that's 1,764.

Together with the normal points, that's 5.796 points you can make by breeding, hatching and evolving.

So, you either need a lot of luck on breeding short rares or ultra rares or the Spin to Win, or you do NEED to buy Ancient Gifts or Book of Dead.

But for anyone without the 4 nests, 2 breeding dens, 2 evolution temples and the Arctic Island, it's not doable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatchXat View Post
    Thanks for doing the math for us! I don't have all that and I'm on Android so I don't have a chance. Good to know
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    The dragons are super cool but I know there's not even a chance for me to get the pumpkin dragon, let alone the final prize so I guess I just won't play.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDragon View Post
    Ditto. Not worth the effort.
    Somewhat late, but thanks for doing the math, Anaboe.

Now, even knowing this, I do hope that you guys did still attempt to participate in it. B/c even though the possibility of reaching the grand prize is slim to none, you still get treats for Skelequeen throughout the event.

In fact, I just finish the Treats goal milestone for the leaderboard and raked a bunch of treats. I'm also getting close to reaching the PumpKing (the last milestone) on the leaderboard. Thanks to the hard core players who boosted up to insane points straight from the beginning, I was able land on many high points chests on spin to win. This is with everything except the Breeding Roost and Artic Isle (Android player).

Also, like Clark_Wayne mentioned feeding counts and now I believe the x2 boost is on sale, so that too would help a lot if you have a surplus of food in storage.

Anyways, good luck and don't forget to participate in the tournament too to get treats if you want the Skelequeen~
    Last edited by DR0G0N; 10-09-17 at 06:02 AM.
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Quote Originally Posted by mayday2001 View Post
    I don't even see the leaderboard??
    I don?t either ...been looking for it thinking some things were posted early, before the event start - as that often happens!
    Finally came here to check things as I just realized the pumpkin treat goal ends in a few hours and I?ve never had the leaderboard event ~ through this whole time!!
    I?ve not received leaderboard points for my actions... just thought it hadn?t started, so I was ignoring things till I saw the event!! I?ve been busy moving, so I haven?t been on a whole lot & therefore it didn?t really jump out at me that there was abig problem!!

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't bother trying to hard for this event...been disappointed with the events lately..they need to make them like they use to be and not just 2 weeks. They brought back a dragon but at 4800 points no way was I getting it. And I'm not rich enough to buy gold to be able to get it. And when they have dragons in the market they always seem not available through breeding..game seems more geared to those who have the gold or the means to buy the gold. I miss the days the game was enjoyable it use to be a good stress reliever but not so much anymore...sorry for my complaining..I do hope everyone has a good day

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast