Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parent dragon not contributing a color in breeding,???

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    FireballFarm is right on the Diamond. It never breaks down. It just stays there or disappears (in more cases).

I don’t think it matters much what dragons you choose to breed. I‘ve played for several years and I found that it seems pretty random. I just bred a black and a pink type dragons and got a neo bubble which is blue and purple?? This has happened several times with different type dragons. I’ve bred a neo bubble many times using various color type dragons. Breeding specific type dragons only seems to work well during an event. I wish Storm8 would correct this.
    Last edited by ragecloset; 10-17-18 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragecloset View Post
    I don’t think it matters much what dragons you choose to breed. I‘ve played for several years and I found that it seems pretty random. I just bred a black and a pink type dragons and got a neo bubble which is blue and purple?? This has happened several times with different type dragons. I’ve bred a neo bubble many times using various color type dragons. Breeding specific type dragons only seems to work well during an event. I wish Storm8 would correct this.
    Black can split into blue and purple, so i dont see what's so strange about your example.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodryMaelwaedd View Post
    Black can split into blue and purple, so i dont see what's so strange about your example.
    Not everyone is aware of the splitting behaviors. To me, the splits are stupid. This is the only game I know that does that. Most games you breed two parents and you know what traits the offspring will have. It seems like TeamLava wanted to make this game as difficult and confusing as possible.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Not everyone is aware of the splitting behaviors. To me, the splits are stupid. This is the only game I know that does that. Most games you breed two parents and you know what traits the offspring will have. It seems like TeamLava wanted to make this game as difficult and confusing as possible.
    This is very true. Even though I've been playing this game from the start, I still have charts that show breeding splits on my PC for easy reference. You would think that after all this time I would just know this stuff but as stated, there are so many splits that it's nearly impossible for me to recall without getting confused occasionally, lol. I swear, the only reason I opened a Google Drive is so that I'd have somewhere to store all my s8 data that was cluttering up my PC!

Fashion Designer
    The splitting and the breeding rules have gotten ridiculous. The excessive typing has been bothering me for a few months, and now I'm fully seeing how absurd the game has gotten after looking at this thread. I saw an old post of mine and decided to add a new -little- paragraph about sub-minor types since we are now getting a new one nearly every month and we weren't back then. It took me a freakin' hour and 4 paragraphs to explain it clearly. What seemed simple at first: "hey, these weird new types always split and, unlike minor types, are incapable of passing on their spooky/elemental/dark/etc. type" ... Simple, right? Then I remembered how the old sub-minor types, like valentine and pyramid, work. Differently. And the whole dark thing is just a mess, too. Remember the corrupted storyline? The handful of dark dragons we collected back then could not be used for breeding because they were corrupted. Can't even put them in the den. But, now that old dark/corrupted type pops up again with no mention of corruption, like it's just another worthless, throw-away monthly type. Which I guess it is now. These new types are shark-jumping garbage.

I only know all this stuff because I have been playing for years and learned as we went. And because I love doing research. I can't even imagine what a nightmare it must be for new players to try and figure this stuff out-- things like how the minor split rule applies to the event commons. Do they even know what a minor type dragon is? And how splits work? The game certainly doesn't explain any it. How many of them are putting the required colors on the same side and getting endless fails? And eventually quit because can't breed a dumb common? I feel bad for them and really hope they aren't throwing money away on a dead end every month. The whole thing is just so slimy and shady.

I have a feeling it's all of these things. Whatever the problem, the game has devolved into a hot mess. Do they really wonder why players aren't bending over backwards to dump all their hard-earned money into this convoluted, uneven, unstable mess? Ugh.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-18-18 at 10:04 AM. Reason: removed off topic comments

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    The splitting and the breeding rules have gotten ridiculous. The excessive typing has been bothering me for a few months, and now I'm fully seeing how absurd the game has gotten after looking at this thread. I saw an old post of mine and decided to add a new -little- paragraph about sub-minor types since we are now getting a new one nearly every month and we weren't back then. It took me a freakin' hour and 4 paragraphs to explain it clearly. What seemed simple at first: "hey, these weird new types always split and, unlike minor types, are incapable of passing on their spooky/elemental/dark/etc. type" ... Simple, right? Then I remembered how the old sub-minor types, like valentine and pyramid, work. Differently. And the whole dark thing is just a mess, too. Remember the corrupted storyline? The handful of dark dragons we collected back then could not be used for breeding because they were corrupted. Can't even put them in the den. But, now that old dark/corrupted type pops up again with no mention of corruption, like it's just another worthless, throw-away monthly type. Which I guess it is now. These new types are shark-jumping garbage.

I only know all this stuff because I have been playing for years and learned as we went. And because I love doing research. I can't even imagine what a nightmare it must be for new players to try and figure this stuff out-- things like how the minor split rule applies to the event commons. Do they even know what a minor type dragon is? And how splits work? The game certainly doesn't explain any it. How many of them are putting the required colors on the same side and getting endless fails? And eventually quit because can't breed a dumb common? I feel bad for them and really hope they aren't throwing money away on a dead end every month. The whole thing is just so slimy and shady.

I have a feeling it's all of these things. Whatever the problem, the game has devolved into a hot mess. Do they really wonder why players aren't bending over backwards to dump all their hard-earned money into this convoluted, uneven, unstable mess? Ugh.
    OMG! If I could reach through the computer and hug you, I would (assuming you aren't squeamish about being touched of course!) <3 <3 <3
    Last edited by kooky panda; 10-18-18 at 10:05 AM. Reason: edited quote

Fashion Designer
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it doesn't matter which parent contributes what? Just that once all the colours are in the pool, there can be any possible outcome with them, even if the two colours just come from one parent.

i.e. Island + Firestorm could give you a blue/green dragon or a yellow/red dragon even if those two colours only came from one parent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12