View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Fashion Designer
    These short Goal times, with goals coming as soon as one ends...too many counters, too much food.

I haven't finished mastering food from the previous goal and here we are with another.

It's too much.

This is supposed to be FUN.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by snipersnips View Post
    I think I'd like it to be longer because:
    * It takes up to 6 days for me to get 1 appliance built because of the high number of parts needed.
    * I find myself out of time for the goal with one or two appliances waiting to be built.
    * The amount of food needing to be served to unlock the next food and how long each take to be ready takes forever if you only have one stove.

Is there any way to stop the pop ups asking if I'd like to purchase the goals that I wasn't able to complete. I have said yes to some and they pop up again. How many times should I want to buy the goals I did not finish? Once is enough!
    Why don’t you delete all your unhelpful neighbors and start adding people that post here on this forum? The fact that they post here means they’re active. Just don’t send requests to those that clearly say not to in their signature.

I agree with majority, longer goals. It takes 3-5 days for me to unlock the appliance, and sometimes there is another gift request that must be completed before I can even purchase it. There were some appliances that I was not able to unlock all items in time, it would be nice if there was a way to ?buy? recipes for a reasonable gem amount.

Quote Originally Posted by pansylover View Post
    I agree with majority, longer goals. It takes 3-5 days for me to unlock the appliance, and sometimes there is another gift request that must be completed before I can even purchase it. There were some appliances that I was not able to unlock all items in time, it would be nice if there was a way to ?buy? recipes for a reasonable gem amount.
    This is an issue of finding better neighbours and not the duration of the goal. Most players are able to unlock the appliance on the first day.

There are legitimate issues regarding the duration and requirements of goals, but taking days to unlock or complete appliances is within the player's control.

ETA: They already do offer the option to skip steps with gems for an amount that they consider reasonable (i.e., profitable). From their POV, I don't see why they'd offer it at a lower price but then again, I think it's a waste to spend gems on something you can get for free.
    Last edited by dirtyboots17; 01-19-18 at 02:50 PM.

New Resident
    Can there be an increase on n the number of gifts allowed during goal periods?

Shorter

Farm Supplier
    I would prefer longer goals because I usually get stuck on building the appliances for the events and lose a few days. Sure, the quick answer is to just get better neighbors, but even I know Real Life takes precedence, so it's hard to get mad at someone for not playing during an event because something's come up. Plus, I work, so I don't always have a chance to babysit those 1 hour meal timers, and that also hangs me up when I miss a bunch and they go bad, and it keeps happening over and over. Not to mention, if I finish early, I can go back to mastering recipes and filling my shop with stuff that's going to make me lots of money. The events cost a lot and I'm still trying to expand my shop, so it's been very slow lately.

But basically, I feel rushed, rushed, rushed throughout the entire thing and that's no fun. The side quests are even more stressful because the last two have popped up missing a bunch of days. Maybe they're tied to some point in the main event and I just hadn't reached it yet, but that's no excuse for knocking off days as a result. The most current one is probably one I won't be able to complete because I've only just gotten it and I have three days to complete it. That's insane. I probably won't be anywhere near to done, so I'm not planning on gemming to finish it either.

I like the art we've been getting, though I haven't been paying much attention on whether or not it's recycled, so maybe I like it because I already have another color variation of it, I don't know. I wish the serving sizes were larger and were worth more. I'm trying to expand my bakery and raising the gold has been dragging along because of all the events. Maybe other people are bored because they've mastered everything, but I'm not! Maybe you should think about giving the people that have mastered everything and expanded completely and all that something additional to do, like gather parts to build a better inventory organization or go on a quest to make their appliances double their recipe output or give them something else to sink all that shiny gold on. Make it something sort of challenging that it'll take them a while, but boost their shops somehow that makes them more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonthay View Post
    I would prefer longer goals because I usually get stuck on building the appliances for the events and lose a few days. Sure, the quick answer is to just get better neighbors, but even I know Real Life takes precedence, so it's hard to get mad at someone for not playing during an event because something's come up. Plus, I work, so I don't always have a chance to babysit those 1 hour meal timers, and that also hangs me up when I miss a bunch and they go bad, and it keeps happening over and over. Not to mention, if I finish early, I can go back to mastering recipes and filling my shop with stuff that's going to make me lots of money. The events cost a lot and I'm still trying to expand my shop, so it's been very slow lately.

But basically, I feel rushed, rushed, rushed throughout the entire thing and that's no fun. The side quests are even more stressful because the last two have popped up missing a bunch of days. Maybe they're tied to some point in the main event and I just hadn't reached it yet, but that's no excuse for knocking off days as a result. The most current one is probably one I won't be able to complete because I've only just gotten it and I have three days to complete it. That's insane. I probably won't be anywhere near to done, so I'm not planning on gemming to finish it either.

I like the art we've been getting, though I haven't been paying much attention on whether or not it's recycled, so maybe I like it because I already have another color variation of it, I don't know. I wish the serving sizes were larger and were worth more. I'm trying to expand my bakery and raising the gold has been dragging along because of all the events. Maybe other people are bored because they've mastered everything, but I'm not! Maybe you should think about giving the people that have mastered everything and expanded completely and all that something additional to do, like gather parts to build a better inventory organization or go on a quest to make their appliances double their recipe output or give them something else to sink all that shiny gold on. Make it something sort of challenging that it'll take them a while, but boost their shops somehow that makes them more awesome.
    They aren't knocking off days, it has the same time as the main goal. So think of it this way when the main goal has started the side goal has started too you just don't have access to it yet.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Rhino Keeper
    Plus, I work, so I don't always have a chance to babysit those 1 hour meal timers, and that also hangs me up when I miss a bunch and they go bad, and it keeps happening over and over.
    I can go days without making progress on goals when I'm having to serve a two-hour (or so) recipe. I'll have the time to prepare them but won't be able to serve them before they spoil. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't even bother with the side quests. You've either got to get a bajillion ovens, or be babysitting the game. I'm sorry, but part of the appeal of the game to me is to make an attractive bakery that looks like a real restaurant, so I'm not interested in having rows and rows of ovens. If you were able to get through the beginning part of the goal in time to get the side quest, then it wouldn't be a problem, but when it takes you three days to bake 10 two-hour recipes, that really cuts into the time you have to complete your goal.

I completely agree with everything you said. To add I would also like time to clear some food from my counters, there is just SO MUCH FOOD! I like to master the new ovens after the goals and have time to restock parts as well, longer goals would definitely help with that and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'll get back to you on the poll - it is something I've been wanting to do myself, but I have to check with a CM first

Adding my two cents (not a ramble, nope nope) to this: I don't mind the 15-day timeline, necessarily, but I think it has a host of problems that need to be resolved. I'll expand on them later, but as a cursory overview:

1. The high number of parts
    2. The price of the furniture and decor we receive
    3. The timing/spacing between goals
    4. The comparatively low recipe times, servings, and profits
    5. (Lately) the increase in recycled content
    6. The side quests (not the quests themselves, but their timing and how they stress the already-short timeline)

The (eventual) conclusion I want to argue is that 15-day goals exacerbate the issues above, and I'd prefer to go back to 30-day goals, with a variation on the other updates we'd get that month. The following is a suggestion (again, to be added to later):

Week 1: 30-day goals
    Week 2: Side Quest for an LTO
    Week 3: "Regular" Update
    Week 4: Sale

I'll flesh this out when I get more time. Thank you for starting this thread; I think it's a much-needed discussion to have

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast