View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.97%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

455 72.22%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.81%
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Nightclub Owner
    I remember what it was like being a newer player trying to get parts and save up enough to afford the appliances and decor required to complete a goal. I'm fine with the 15 day clock but I vote for longer time periods mainly because I think it is only fair to newer players and players who, like me, actually have real lives outside of the game and who do not have the time to babysit the game. I also really hope we get recipes that take longer to cook.

My daughter & I both play Bakery Story & agree... more time. We are both level 50+ but the time it takes to get 3 or 4 ovens to make what is required is difficult. Especially with the parameters set by the game. If we can only send 20 "help" requests per day, but the oven takes 28 pieces (last oven 12 potent potion, 8 nozzles & 8 cooling coils) we can't even build 1 oven without relying on others or coins. Why not have the parameter where you can only ask each neighbor for 1 item per day or remove the parameters altogether including how many gifts can be recieved. At times we aren't only trying to build items but part of the goal is to ask neighbors for items. Once again, the limit of only being able to ask so many people for help per day causes more problems with the goals time limit.

This isn't even going into spending $100,000+ for 4 tables, another 100,000 for chairs and 70,000 for 2 counters... plus the other money spent on extras like ghosts, wall items, floor tiles, more ovens you have to have because you cannot complete the goals with 2 ovens, the price of recipes, etc. Then we get 30,000 back and what we were required to make doesn't give us back the money we put out. The potion table was awesome but that little witch costing 32 gems is ridiculous & obnoxious. Especially when the price of Loretta is no where near that but I feel that way with a lot of items. I thought the tree bookshelf was cool but it's smaller than a floor tile & it's supposed to be a floor decoration.

Then we get to the side goal. I have to use 10 ovens and then swap them over to 10 drink makers and back to 10 ovens again, in order to do the side goal. My daughter started doing the side goal & stopped because she like variety in her food. She LOVED the prize but it was not worth not being able to make anything else but goal items for over a week. On to of that the last side goal is always some obnoxious number (24 or 30) of some food that takes 10+ hours to make. 3 full days of chocolate flan only & you might have to close your bakery doors because you have all your ovens making items that takes 10 hours. So if you're not stocked up, you run out of food. By the way, I have 10 ovens dedicated to completing the side goal & another 4 ovens to the main goal. This makes it nearly impossible for new players.

That's not fun for her or me. Am I doing it, yes. But not because I'm having fun. I'm doing it because I'm disabled and stuck in bed & it takes little interaction. I have fun when I'm making different foods & gaining new recipes & decorating. My daughter has learning disabilities & is ADD/ADHD... she needs to keep baking new & different things being stuck on 1 thing for days is torture for her. I'm sure we are not the only ones who feel this way. For the record, she has started & stopped every side challenge because of the final goal.

Personally, I don't like the piano & I would love to be allowed to gift the piano & stairs to my daughter. If you're an administrator and could transfer it to her, please reach out to me and let me know. Thank you.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamear View Post

Then we get to the side goal. I have to use 10 ovens and then swap them over to 10 drink makers and back to 10 ovens again, in order to do the side goal. My daughter started doing the side goal & stopped because she like variety in her food. She LOVED the prize but it was not worth not being able to make anything else but goal items for over a week. On to of that the last side goal is always some obnoxious number (24 or 30) of some food that takes 10+ hours to make. 3 full days of chocolate flan only & you might have to close your bakery doors because you have all your ovens making items that takes 10 hours. So if you're not stocked up, you run out of food. By the way, I have 10 ovens dedicated to completing the side goal & another 4 ovens to the main goal. This makes it nearly impossible for new players.

... .
    I believe every player has dealt with your frustration at one time or the other The only bit of advice I can give you is to keep saving up gems and use those gems to buy additional appliance slots instead of decor. You do get up to 18 appliance slots for free, but can buy additional slots. The more slots you have the easier it is to complete the side goals alongside the actual goal. I usually only build about 5 goal related ovens. The goal usually requires me to cook about 15 of each recipe so I know I need to cook 3 times for each recipe once I have them all built. My other oven slots go towards mastering other recipes while I'm doing the main goal. Once the side goal appears then I use them towards doing the side goal.
    Once I finish the goals I sometimes buy additional goal appliances and then work on mastering the recipes.
    I usually have no idea what the goal reward is unless I come here to the forum and see it in the goal thread. Lol.

Nightclub Owner
    I 100% agree with everything laid out in post #2 and would be in heaven if they took up Pixiegamer's monthly plan. I love knowing what to expect and when to expect it, that way I can better plan ahead and can know when to prioritize this game over another.

I've been playing for years and have been level 99 for ages, so I usually am able to complete the goals in the timeline given along with the side goals. That being said, perhaps if the goals were 30 days, we the players wouldn't have to sit on our devices lest we miss a moment in food turnovers. Not to mention maybe the creative team wouldn't feel so pressured for new content and keep giving us recycled materials.

I'm not in any way complaining about the recycled content from other games. One of my favorite things about this game is all the decor offered and I remodel my bakery every month so any items new to this game (even recycled from others) makes me happy. I just think if the S8 teams had longer in between goals perhaps they could devote more time to creating truly original material for all their games.

Whether the goals are 15 days or 30 I'll get them done but it does seem to me that more people would enjoy having a longer time to complete them and I like having a more relaxed playing experience myself. As it is now, I sometimes forget the side goal and am left to scramble to finish. I have way more than the allotted oven spaces so I can only imagine the frustration lower levels experience trying to meet the requirements.

Well to be honest, I don't even know how long or short the goals are now? I know the other goal the one that you must cook so many amount of that food and drink, you get a prize, like the one that is going on at this moment the prize is a Piano. That to me goes way too fast, with the long timer being 16 hours and 18 hours etc.. not enough oven and drink machine not to mention dealing with a unexpected of busyness on top of normal busy daily life's. Unfortunately I didn't make it on the last goal (the one you have to cook so many food or drink to get that prize)! Sorry if there so many grammar issue on here lol I'm typing fast! Also could perhaps put down the time we have the goals set currently? Thank you

Next topic: I notice I don't recieve that much gem, when cooking?! Now that they took away the video to receive gems? Idk how else to get gems, without keep having to tap into my wallet? Yes!, I'm one of them that buys gems but I've slowed way down because it's just too ridiculous having to buy. Before I did the video and bought gems. To whom it may concern, Please bring back the video. Thank you
    Last edited by alove37; 10-11-17 at 04:55 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    alove37 brings up some good points/questions. I have updated the original post with information to help newer players understand the situation and why there is even a poll in the first place. Hope the information helps clear things up.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'll get back to you on the poll - it is something I've been wanting to do myself, but I have to check with a CM first

Adding my two cents (not a ramble, nope nope) to this: I don't mind the 15-day timeline, necessarily, but I think it has a host of problems that need to be resolved. I'll expand on them later, but as a cursory overview:

1. The high number of parts
    2. The price of the furniture and decor we receive
    3. The timing/spacing between goals
    4. The comparatively low recipe times, servings, and profits
    5. (Lately) the increase in recycled content
    6. The side quests (not the quests themselves, but their timing and how they stress the already-short timeline)

The (eventual) conclusion I want to argue is that 15-day goals exacerbate the issues above, and I'd prefer to go back to 30-day goals, with a variation on the other updates we'd get that month. The following is a suggestion (again, to be added to later):

Week 1: 30-day goals
    Week 2: Side Quest for an LTO
    Week 3: "Regular" Update
    Week 4: Sale

I'll flesh this out when I get more time. Thank you for starting this thread; I think it's a much-needed discussion to have
    I can generally complete the main and side goals within 10 days so am ok with the current 15-day timer. Am also fine with the (old) 30-day timer as well (particularly if we're not going to get new crates/ boxes, and regular updates in between goals like before). Agreed that if the six problems in pixiegamer's post were resolved it makes life easier for all players.

Love the suggestion - I miss the regular updates in particular. It seems that we are no longer having any, and being an old player I've already bought most "regular" items on offer. Even for sales - like the current Halloween sale - I have already got everything I want in the past so will likely not be getting anything.

Will also be great if we get old goal reruns, and first/ second prizes in boxes in between the new goals.

Fashion Designer
    I've said it before but I want to say it again:

Either drop the cost & number of parts required or give people more time. Newbies cannot do these goals & will quit playing. If everyone who plays quits, that's not good for them and it doesn't make any money for the company.

I feel that for some goals 15 days is sufficient however there are side goals with shorter time lines that are just VERY difficult to meet. I had to make the witches oven and make 15 pumpcakes in 4 days. Well between storing an appliance when I finally had one I could store, and getting the parts from people and then starting to bake at 5 hours each is 75 hours of baking if you never stop. That?s over 3 days right there. Nearly an impossible goal to accomplish. To me those are the goals that are a more frustrating.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by alove37 View Post

Next topic: I notice I don't recieve that much gem, when cooking?! Now that they took away the video to receive gems? Idk how else to get gems, without keep having to tap into my wallet? Yes!, I'm one of them that buys gems but I've slowed way down because it's just too ridiculous having to buy. Before I did the video and bought gems. To whom it may concern, Please bring back the video. Thank you
    Mastering recipes is one sure way of earning gems for free. Once all the recipes are mastered though, then...yep...no other way, really.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast