View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

New Resident
    the current goals are (mostly) possible but they're rlly stressful and require way too much time TT i hope goals would either be extended or have only 1 overlapping 5 day goal, at the least

Rhino Keeper
    We do not need to have so many goals in 14 days time and we do not need so many goal prizes. Just give us 1 main goal in 15 days or just give us 1 main goal every month so that we can really spend some time for redecorating our bakery/ visiting our neighbours. SINCE 3 GOALS COME CONTINUOUSLY ALL PLAYERS CHOOSE TO GIVE UP CERTAIN GOALS. We do not have time to even put tip on our neighbours? tables. Everyone just want gifts from their neighbours to fulfill the goal requirements and get the Goal done in time. That is meaningless. So what we need neighbours for? Need neighbours just to gift parts for you to do goals only?

I hope the game stop asking us to bake so many different types of food and make us keep buying so many food counters. From 20 food counters to now 251 food counters. Look too messy to have so many food counters in the bakery.

Name:  DA3AB82B-2357-4AEF-80B6-39A94569E546.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  237.7 KB

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ptest View Post
    We do not need to have so many goals in 14 days time and we do not need so many goal prizes. Just give us 1 main goal in 15 days or just give us 1 main goal every month so that we can really spend some time for redecorating our bakery/ visiting our neighbours. SINCE 3 GOALS COME CONTINUOUSLY ALL PLAYERS CHOOSE TO GIVE UP CERTAIN GOALS. We do not have time to even put tip on our neighbours? tables. Everyone just want gifts from their neighbours to fulfill the goal requirements and get the Goal done in time. That is meaningless. So what we need neighbours for? Need neighbours just to gift parts for you to do goals only?

I hope the game stop asking us to bake so many different types of food and make us keep buying so many food counters. From 20 food counters to now 251 food counters. Look too messy to have so many food counters in the bakery.

Name:  DA3AB82B-2357-4AEF-80B6-39A94569E546.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  237.7 KB
    I don't think there's anything wrong with them giving us MORE opportunities to earn those prizes via. goals, I'm fine with MANY GOAL PRIZES . I don't agree with you just because you have a lot of the Prize decorations from previous years of events, but this is the only way the New players could get their hands on some of the vintage event prizes from the old days.

If it seems too overwhelming for you to do overlapping goals, you can always choose to omit it. There's nothing wrong with players choose to give up on certain goals because you can't be greedy and own it all if you don't got the time for it. No body forces you to HAVE to do ALL Goals ya know

On top of that you seem to decorate your bakery just fine every so often (the show-off thread is filled with all your decoration posts lol)

Be appreciative on the Recipe designs the team came up for us (it's not easy for them to design something every two weeks for the 14D goals) You seemed to be preparing way too much food in one go comparing to what you can sell with your massive batch of preparation, so you could try adjusting your own pace because I'm selling my food just fine and with way smaller expansion than your bakery but I don't get a cramped up counters like yours (or Storm 8 can increase customer food consumption rate as a whole to match Restaurant Story Rate which I believe it was WAY faster)

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldsden View Post
    I agree Too many parts now to complete each oven its ridiculous.. and too many recipes.. if you increase number of recipes extend the time and stop with the many short goals...those multiple 5 day goals now popping up during these 15 day goals it's annoying and confusing..stop also with the 1 hour recipes people don't have time all day waiting for these short recipes that finish so quick or they rot..
    These seem like a reasonable fix. To extend goal time to ease up the parts request traffic between neighbors so we have a more relax pace, less food quantity to prepare in each part of the goal, and most importantly remove/minimize the 1 hour recipes quantities because that is extremely inconvenient for players to do it if they run into an overnight schedule..
    Last edited by anemos; 03-14-23 at 02:25 PM.

Farm Supplier
    I think it should be longer because it's not that fair on people who have only started. They will only have a few appliances which makes it 10x harder to complete a goal

Farm Supplier
    This post has been going since 2017 and NOTHING has changed. I've played bakery story since almost 10 years and we haven't had an upgrade since 2018. That's insane. Before when you built an oven you only needed like 10 to 12 of two different kinda parts and the goals lasted 30 days. Now you have 14 day goals with 35 of one part and 40 of another part. Make it make sense cus it really don't. But like I said this post has been going since 2017 and they haven't changed a thing and I know they won't. I like the game I just gave up on the goals.
    Add me if you don't do 14 day goals and will gift food/drink and like to receive food/drink. That's free money for me to make shooooot why not. 🫶🏻🫶🏻

I started playing in early January. As a newish player, I personally love doing goals. I only do the goals I like, and recently I've been able to clear 3 goals at a time with just the 18 free ovens. I like the frequency of these goals and appreciate being able to get new items so frequently. The time management aspect is for some reason very fun to me. Tho I can easily understand some of the gripes expressed here. If ur below level 40, it's difficult to complete more than just one goal at a time. And if you're a busy person, it's hard to keep up with 1 goal, let alone 3 at the same time. Requiring so many parts to build appliances is straight up annoying, and It's tedious having to tell your neighbors constantly what to gift you. I also severely dislike having to spend coins on decorative goal pieces, I'd rather save those coins for the next set of goals or to buy decorative pieces I actually like. So I'd like if we had goals coming at the same rate, but preferably making it more manageable to complete within the time frame so players don't get completely discouraged from doing the goals

New Resident
    Yes

I am currently level 87 and I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FINISH A SINGLE GOAL SINCE I STARTED PLAYING. 30 day goals would be so much better! The amount of goal parts needed to build new ovens for goals is ridiculously high. Also the items needed to buy are ridiculously EXPENSIVE!! You are gonna tell me that I need to buy 8 wallpapers which cost up to $8,000 each and 14 tiles which cost up to $16,000 each just to receive a measly $2,000 reward?!?! I did not know the economy in Bakery story was that bad that it needed to Jack up the prices by 300% the amount spent for every goal is insane versus the amount of reward money u get back so I stopped doing goals for this reason. Since I could not finish goals in time I stopped playing for years, I came back recently and I want to quit again for the same reasons, which is sad because I find this game very therapeutic but I never get to accomplish anything.

New Resident
    I love the side quests and return of old goals. Thank you! I would like to vote for 30 day goal timer, thank🥶you

Rhino Keeper
    The timer needs to be 21 days. The goals are achievable but so stressful to finish. Please look at the polls numbers and note: nearly 3 of 4 players polled want the timer longer!