View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Fashion Designer
    Make it longer or cut the amounts on the 15-day goals. The amounts of food required are almost impossible if one has a life or has a sick day. It's losing the fun aspect, and I'm starting to feel like it's work and I should be getting paid to do the goals LOL. The last 38 at 10 hours recipes is way way too much, as are some of the other amounts. Please return the fun.

Goal time

The 15 day goal time is ok, however the increase in parts, servings and hours is ridiculous. I used to be able to complete the goals, it?s virtually impossible to anymore, unless you?re on you?re device 24/7., which most of us aren?t?or want to spend money?lower everything please

TY
    🌴Carolina🏖Girl🌴

Farm Supplier

Reply to S8 issues goals, long term players lvl 100 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by catprint View Post
    I noticed for a while now that this seems to be a hot topic so I wanted to create a thread to get all of the feedback in one place.

Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Feel free to explain why you feel the way you do.

For me, personally, I like it how it is. I like goals twice a month. I get them done in a week and that's typically only being able to make 1 or 2 ovens a day because they need so many parts. So I start out slow, and still finish within a week, side goals included. But, yes, I do have some free time. I understand others don't have as much free time as me.

It seems like there is this push to extend the goal timer lately. And with the holidays coming up and hoping for some awesome goals, that potentially means less for us if they change it. I don't want that! But I can see how to others, less goals would be preferred if it means they will be able to finish any at all.

If any moderator or admin could edit my post and add a poll at the top for this question, that would be preferred. I've made a poll before but I can't seem to figure out how to do it now. :P - This has been done! Thank you, pixiegamer.

EDIT Oct 11, 2017: ADDING INFORMATION FOR NEW PLAYERS!
    The current length of a goal is 15 days. Some time ago, unsure of any dates (years ago, maybe?), the goal timer used to be 30 days to complete a goal. So that's what a lot of people have been debating about for the past several months: to extend the goal timer back to 30 days or not. A lot of people say they would like that, and then other people say they are fine with the 15 day timer. Some people are saying the 15 day goal timer is enough for them to complete goals, however, they see their friends or neighbors struggling so they would rather have a longer goal timer.

The side goal, which to my knowledge is a new thing that has been appearing along the main goal for the last several updates. The way the side goal works is it has the same goal timer as the main goal but you will not see the side goal until you progress through the main goal to a certain point, usually sometime during the second oven. Some side goals have unlocked after the 2nd recipe from the 2nd oven unlocks. This past side goal unlocked when the second oven itself was unlocked. You will likely see a shorter timer for the side goal when you unlock it because it will end at the same time as the main goal. So if it takes you a few days to progress through the main goal and then to unlock the side goal, your side goal timer will be: [15 days MINUS the days it takes you to progress through and get to the side goal] (basically, whatever time is left on the goal becomes your side goal timer - hope this makes sense).
    👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽Imo I think the small parts required to make larger parts need to decrease. Especially for 2 goal oven. If they would go back to how goals worked back in 2012-13 that would be great! I spent $400k on building ovens myself without my neighbors help. With the limited gifts per day and then delay on gifts it's horrible to complete goal unless you actually spend money to build yourself and yes I said delay, sometimes I receive gift request 3 days after a neighbor sends request! Not cool! . When I say build myself, I basically cook recipe then put oven back in storage over and over until all small parts collected to build main part for oven. Way to much work!!! And others agree with me. As a player since 2012 I stopped playing for two years when this new goal system came out. It frustrated me so bad and still does. Why? Because I actually have a full time business and a second part time job waiting tables. And when I wait tables I cannot collect food from ovens, food expires. It's horrible! Takes way to much time! S8 needs to consider people that work! A TON of my neighbors have stopped playing over the years because of these goals. Not to mention, start adding more recipes to the ORIGINAL ovens. I've cooked EVERYTHING in my original ovens and my original drink maker. Atleast make it to where you can keep earning gems or coins without stopping at 4.
    I've completed all tasks for medals, cooked ALL items in original ovens, drink makers. Oh and still never made it to lvl 100. I've been at lvl 99 for over 10 years. NOT COOL! Please revamp the game to make it more friendlier towards longterm players. 🥲

#1 change part requirements like goals back in 2012
    #2 make it where we can actually reach lvl 100
    #3 goal items we had to work for should not be allowed for newer players to just purchase. Not fair
    #4 Make optional to reopen late goals to complete for older items.
    #5PLEASE PLEASE for the love of God! alphabetical order the gifts, or out into categories. It takes forever to actually send food or basic parts.
    #6 do special goals or other tasks for older players
    #7add on more recipes for ORIGINAL ovens & ORIGINAL drink makers.
    #8Add more awards for older players

This game has become a job in itself, used to be relaxing and joyful. But has become a burden.
    Please consider doing some changes.

Thank you
    Last edited by poopiepants79; 02-24-22 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Adding

Farm Supplier
    👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽👉🏽Imo I think the small parts required to make larger parts need to decrease. Especially for 2 goal oven. If they would go back to how goals worked back in 2012-13 that would be great! I spent $400k on building ovens myself without my neighbors help. With the limited gifts per day and then delay on gifts it's horrible to complete goal unless you actually spend money to build yourself and yes I said delay, sometimes I receive gift request 3 days after a neighbor sends request! Not cool! . When I say build myself, I basically cook recipe then put oven back in storage over and over until all small parts collected to build main part for oven. Way to much work!!! And others agree with me. As a player since 2012 I stopped playing for two years when this new goal system came out. It frustrated me so bad and still does. Why? Because I actually have a full time business and a second part time job waiting tables. And when I wait tables I cannot collect food from ovens, food expires. It's horrible! Takes way to much time! S8 needs to consider people that work! A TON of my neighbors have stopped playing over the years because of these goals. Not to mention, start adding more recipes to the ORIGINAL ovens. I've cooked EVERYTHING in my original ovens and my original drink maker. Atleast make it to where you can keep earning gems or coins without stopping at 4.
    I've completed all tasks for medals, cooked ALL items in original ovens, drink makers. Oh and still never made it to lvl 100. I've been at lvl 99 for over 10 years. NOT COOL! Please revamp the game to make it more friendlier towards longterm players. 🥲

#1 change part requirements like goals back in 2012
    #2 make it where we can actually reach lvl 100
    #3 goal items we had to work for should not be allowed for newer players to just purchase. Not fair
    #4 Make optional to reopen late goals to complete for older items.
    #5PLEASE PLEASE for the love of God! alphabetical order the gifts, or out into categories. It takes forever to actually send food or basic parts.
    #6 do special goals or other tasks for older players
    #7add on more recipes for ORIGINAL ovens & ORIGINAL drink makers.
    #8Add more awards for older players

This game has become a job in itself, used to be relaxing and joyful. But has become a burden.
    Please consider doing some changes.

Thank you

Longer time. Tried to do both main and side and failed. Had to cancel one of the goals and ended up wasting my coins in the process. Most people do not have ample time to do main goal. Especially with the amount of parts needed and with some people who are inactive on their list of neighbors. Hard to find neighbors who gift properly and daily which effect goals.

New Resident
    Yeah, i used to be able to finish goals if i just didn't miss any dishes. And i buy gems every time they're on sale, but even using 20-30 gems now, i still can't finish in time. If i have to set timers to make sure I serve food on time, buy 5 of each oven, and spend 20-30 gems along with the hours i spend cooking and serving the food, it is absolutely ridiculous that i still can't complete the goals. I've been playing almost since the game's release but I'm starting to just not bother with the goals if i know I'm gonna have a day in the next two weeks where i won't be able to keep up and considering just quitting all together.

New Resident
    Until the quantities required to cook changed to so many 2 hour items needed, I have not completed one goal. I work full time and cannot cook these until after work. Prior to these quantities being increased, I always completed goals for well over 10 years. 30 two hour items is excessive,in my opinion. I wish it would be changed back to previous quantities required OR make the challenges last longer so I can complete them.

New Resident
    I've shut down my bakery and will not be playing anymore. I'm exactly the kind of player that should be able to complete all of the goals:
    - I've been playing since the release
    - i play every single day and login up to ten times every day
    - i buy gems at least once a month, sometimes twice
    - i stay active keeping up with the goals
    - level 100+

But they've decided to get greedy, so I've shut it down until they change it back to an attainable reward system.

Need 20 days to finish Main goal. Amount of parts are too excessive. Have neighbors 40 neighbors. One would think it makes a big difference but not much. Half are newbies, some are students and or at work, some just aren?t active enough. Hard to find dependable help and with short amount of time just seems hopeless.

Rhino Keeper
    LONGER TIME FOR ALL THE GOALS PLEASE!

I can complete the Goal in the shortest time like 5 days if I play almost whole day just to get the parts jump out to able to build many machines. That is boring and time consuming. Recently I have to go for many physiotherapy exercises because I have plantar fasciitis. I cannot play so much as before because I have many other things to do other than going for hospital appointments and follow ups. This game is not so fun anymore and add stress to me if I want to finish the goal in the shortest time. The game should make it relaxing for all of us. Well no point to set the goal like taking an examination. Those who cannot complete the Goal is like failing the exam. This make them feel sad and wasted all their time from the beginning. So if you want more players to continue playing the Goal then you should set the goal LONGER THAN 15 days. Many people are working to earn a living and playing this game do not earn anything and just a waste of time. If you play the game and affect your job then you will regret if you get retrenchment.