View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.97%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

455 72.22%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.81%
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Rhino Keeper
    I reckon a 21 day (3 week) timer would be a great compromise or else staggered goals like Pixie suggests are great too. I don't have a problem finishing the goals in fifteen days but I know many people struggle to complete them and that's no fun. I'm happy to see some longer recipe cook times too. The one hour ones just keep spoiling!

Host(ess)
    Expanding the goal timer will lessen the stress for me big time! I used to be able to finish the goal three or four days before the deadline but ever since I got a job my time has been limited. It saddens me because I can't finish some goals on time even when I do spend some gems/real money. It would be great if the goal timer was extended! (✿◠‿◠)
    Σ>- (〃・ω・〃) ♡ → ADDING ACTIVE NEIGHBORS ID : TODAAY

Executive Chef
    I like Pixie's idea. I don't mind goals twice a month but with so many parts needed for each appliance I would prefer 30 day timer. Then on other week's new decor, box/crate, or LTO updates would be nice.

If goals do stay at 15 days though, hopefully a little less parts required for appliances. Less stressful and more enjoyable.

Fashion Designer
    I miss tge 30 day goals. I was always able to finish them and still have plenty of time left over.

Executive Chef
    I agree and like Pixie suggestion. I have maximum expansion already but I see many players Bakery so tiny. therefore I like to see more affordable appliances so that many new players can build the appliances and do the Goal. cheaper recipes please so players have more money for their expansion. NO RECYCLE materials as Goal Prize. Lesser Parts required for building the appliances.

I really enjoy this game but if Goal is 5 days or less is too short and also stressful for those who are working. we need time to eat/sleep/ rest time for other things not full time on just playing Goal. GOAL should not be like Taking Examination in school. should be a relaxing and enjoyable one so we can have our family time with our precious ones.
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'll get back to you on the poll - it is something I've been wanting to do myself, but I have to check with a CM first

Adding my two cents (not a ramble, nope nope) to this: I don't mind the 15-day timeline, necessarily, but I think it has a host of problems that need to be resolved. I'll expand on them later, but as a cursory overview:

1. The high number of parts
    2. The price of the furniture and decor we receive
    3. The timing/spacing between goals
    4. The comparatively low recipe times, servings, and profits
    5. (Lately) the increase in recycled content
    6. The side quests (not the quests themselves, but their timing and how they stress the already-short timeline)

The (eventual) conclusion I want to argue is that 15-day goals exacerbate the issues above, and I'd prefer to go back to 30-day goals, with a variation on the other updates we'd get that month. The following is a suggestion (again, to be added to later):

Week 1: 30-day goals
    Week 2: Side Quest for an LTO
    Week 3: "Regular" Update
    Week 4: Sale

I'll flesh this out when I get more time. Thank you for starting this thread; I think it's a much-needed discussion to have
    I couldn't agree with you more on all of this!!! Everything you've said is spot on what I would like to see as well.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'll get back to you on the poll - it is something I've been wanting to do myself, but I have to check with a CM first

Adding my two cents (not a ramble, nope nope) to this: I don't mind the 15-day timeline, necessarily, but I think it has a host of problems that need to be resolved. I'll expand on them later, but as a cursory overview:

1. The high number of parts
    2. The price of the furniture and decor we receive
    3. The timing/spacing between goals
    4. The comparatively low recipe times, servings, and profits
    5. (Lately) the increase in recycled content
    6. The side quests (not the quests themselves, but their timing and how they stress the already-short timeline)

The (eventual) conclusion I want to argue is that 15-day goals exacerbate the issues above, and I'd prefer to go back to 30-day goals, with a variation on the other updates we'd get that month. The following is a suggestion (again, to be added to later):

Week 1: 30-day goals
    Week 2: Side Quest for an LTO
    Week 3: "Regular" Update
    Week 4: Sale

I'll flesh this out when I get more time. Thank you for starting this thread; I think it's a much-needed discussion to have
    Agree 100% with this. I want the 30 day goals back! I am very severely ill and find it difficult to play as it is, so I don't want it made harder and the fun taken out of it. The goals as they are now are just stressing me out. I skipped the latest goal on RS to focus on the BS one because it's just too much together, and it felt a shame to me because I haven't missed doing a goal in the 3 years I've been playing. Got no choice but to miss out on them entirely now because the game is supposed to be a game, NOT A JOB!! It's really hard work getting all the parts; I like to build enough appliances that I can master the recipes in the month - which I used to be able to do when it was 30 days until the next one started. Now they just make me want to pull my hair out! It's to encourage players to spend their real money on gems to build the appliances quickly and/or skip through parts of the goal. It's not going to have that effect - players will miss goals rather than use their gems.

15 day is fine with me. Quick in and out. As long as there are enough neighbors to respond to goal requests.

The thought of waiting for a new goal for one whole month makes me sick, 30 days is way to long. I always finish goals in about 11-12 days. Longer recipes can be made while you sleep and while you're at work. I do have to admit that the shorter cook times can be hard, especially 1 hour recipes. I would love to have a big sale once a month and the re-release of old goals to get older machines, that would be fabulous and how about making a new goal for us to do that would finally unlock the locked recipes on the oven and drink machine. Add some more recipes to existing machines like the donut fryer or ice cream machine. The possibilities are endless Storm8. #(^-^)#

Quote Originally Posted by dommiebakes View Post
    The thought of waiting for a new goal for one whole month makes me sick, 30 days is way to long. I always finish goals in about 11-12 days. Longer recipes can be made while you sleep and while you're at work. I do have to admit that the shorter cook times can be hard, especially 1 hour recipes. I would love to have a big sale once a month and the re-release of old goals to get older machines, that would be fabulous and how about making a new goal for us to do that would finally unlock the locked recipes on the oven and drink machine. Add some more recipes to existing machines like the donut fryer or ice cream machine. The possibilities are endless Storm8. #(^-^)#
    I couldn’t agree more with the waiting for the next goal feeling like forever. I usually finish the main goal within the first week and then the side goal a day or two later depending on what’s needed to bake. A 3 week period just waiting for the goal to end would be too much for me. Sounds like people need better neighbors who respond to gift requests to build appliances quicker, and don’t wait around to have 5 or 6 built to start baking, start right away. It always works for me and sometimes I don’t start building until the next day while I’m waiting on parts, it’s called time management.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast