View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

New Resident
    Shorter is fine with me. And since I'm commenting, I'd just like to say that I'm utterly disappointed in the Halloween goal this year. They normally have more items to choose from, but this season, there was nothing. No extra Halloween items, besides the goals. And it would be nice if they made some scarier items. I'm tired of all the "cute" items.

New Resident
    This may be a glitch but the last few Halloween goals haven't shown up for me until there was only 5 days less (I can't even attempt them because the cook time for some items is 12+ hours and I needed to make 10 of them. Plus another item that uses the same oven.) I would personally like a longer timeline to complete goals as I work full time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4kidlets View Post
    This may be a glitch but the last few Halloween goals haven't shown up for me until there was only 5 days less (I can't even attempt them because the cook time for some items is 12+ hours and I needed to make 10 of them. Plus another item that uses the same oven.) I would personally like a longer timeline to complete goals as I work full time.
    There are 15 day goals and there are 5 day goals. So you might be seeing the 5 day goals and thinking it hasn't shown up until there were only 5 days left.

New Resident
    Subject: Goals

I don't mind that goals take 15 days, however I do know nbrs that don't believe it's enough time as some of them doesn't finish them.

But know that the goals require, an outrageous amount of parts needed for the new appliances. It makes it very hard to complete the goals.
    I don't like that we need to redeem the parts in our collectables in order to get parts needed for new appliances.
    Asking for 30-40 parts, is just plan outrageous.

I wish Storm8 would go back to the way they've always done it before. When it comes to the 15 day goals.
    I'm fine with the way the 5 day goals are done, and I like that we can bring out old appliances to receive new recipes.

Thank you for your concern regarding this matter, as I know I speak for all my nbrs. I know they all feel the same as I do.

Farm Supplier
    How can we get them to change the goals back to the way they used to be??!! As a working mom i used to be able to play this game while.my son was sleeping and enjoy it. Now i have to rush to try to.at least unlock all the food and i haven't finsihed a goal and gotten the final prize in forever. It's super annoying. I've been playing since 2014 and have never had an issue until this year with completing goals.

New Resident

5-daagse doelen

Quote Originally Posted by sally_brown View Post
    I hate the shorter goals. I haven't finished a goal since they shortened the time.
    De 5-daagse goals haal ik nooit, jammer genoeg.Niet te doen! De 15 daagse goals haal ik altijd,net zoals het doel ernaast,erg leuk om dan de prijs te winnen! De 5-daagse doe ik alleen om de ovens te bouwen maar de prijs kan ik wegens tijdgebrek altijd naar fluiten

Farm Supplier
    👏👏👏👏 amen!! Same here!! Like hello people we have a life and we like to play for fun.amd have time to finish goals.

Farm Supplier
    I think we should have more time to finish goals like it used to be. 30 days was enough time for people who have rral lives. Like people who work and have kids. It's unrealistic to finish an over that requires 28 of one part and 20 of another and to do it in 15 days is ridiculous!! I have used to many gems on these goals. I was trying to save them so i could expand my bakery but no i've had to use them to help me with goal parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by everlinn View Post
    i wasn?t able to read all posts so excuse me if i?m repeating the same opinions as others over and over again.
    I started playing this game in 2010. Originally i only struggled to complete goals because of lack of neighbors. After getting a good group of neighbors i never struggled to complete the main 15 day goals. The 5 day goals were sometimes a challenge but i liked being able to get new or rereleased content. However, as of september 2018 and the most recent update i am completely upset. This may be my first time not completing a goal in years. The goal timer is the same (15 ish days) and the oven cooking timers are the same but the gross increase in part amounts is ridiculous. You can only get a limited amount of gifts from neighbors and the crate drops random parts you may not need at the time. The collectible help but it?s like dropping one drop of water in a pool-takes a while. The work around to get more collectibles (starting a recipe and then canceling or storing the oven) is a waste of coins. I believe a few things need to happen

1) return it to the old way and decrease the stress of 5 day goals either by lowering the amount of food needed or increasing to six days.
    2) have optional rerelease goals for those who are new/were not able to complete a goal in the past
    3) if it continues the current way either the days need to be increased, the parts lowered, or collectibles need to drop faster or in multiples.

It is quite stressful right now and is making me lose interest in the game. With the current update 15 days is not enough without spending a lot of gems (diamonds).

I certainly don't want timer shorter. More time would be great for a slow poke like me. But 15 is adequate. Most of the new goals with the huge parts requirements I have found that even with 15 days, I've not been able to complete them in time Is it 15 days? Seems shorter to me. But I would like the amount of recipes lowered. I can barely get the 28. But 40 recipes is beyond ridiculous! In order to cook 15 recipes (especially the 8 hour ones) you need more than the 3 required stoves. But I wouldn't want them to require more stoves. I prefer to add more so I have at least 5. Then ideally I only need to cook 3 rounds to get 15.
    But when we need 40 to build just 1 appliance, how can I get 5 appliances? I use the Collectibles for long periods of time & work at getting drops and parts since we can only request & receive 20 gifts daily and my neighbors don't always send what I need.
    I am very unhappy about this new goal requirement. It is especially frustrating when I invest most of my coins on the appliances the wallpaper, floor tiles, etc then fail to complete it. What a waste of my time! I could have watched a movie, gone to the park. You know real world life?
    Having 2 goals back to back doesn't give me enough time to relax after the marathon run.
    I think the Mini goal (the one where we use basic appliances to earn a decoration from past goals) should not be running the same time as the main goal. I don't have enough appliances to make 12 teas, 24 cakes and cook stuff for the main goal too. And I don't have 40 gems to purchase more appliance spaces. My max is 18 appliances at level 99.
    It was nice when we could earn gems watching adds or trying out a new game. I actually kept several of those games. And earning 6 gems for trying the game was pretty sweet.
    I was able to save up to expand. At $60 million or 80 gems it will be impossible for me to expand.
    But that's another issue for a different thread... lol

I agree with you and posted much the same things you said. I spent over an hour storing my 1 appliance pullingvit our etc andxrandom drops were 30 of 1 or 2 drops but maybe the others only 1 or 2. So after 30 tries I only earned 2 parts from Collectibles. I'm stressed out how is this fun anymore? It's work I'm retired why do I want to work this hard it's not a chess tournament no tangible prize. Decorations are cute but they stay on a device not on a shelf in my livingroom.
    I've been playing since April 2012. Used to complete most goals while working full time at an extremely stressful job the games were my relax button. I used to get excited when it was time for a goal. Not anymore.

I was agreeing with everlinn
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-25-18 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Merged multiple consecutive posts

@poohbear618 that is because the developers want us to spend gems on parts with this new goal format, they purposely are making it hard to get collectibles now I barely get any as well