View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    In my 5-6 years of play, it was a good ride - until they stop the weekly updates: in regards to: new boxes/crates, new ovens that aren't required/needed by goal. New decorations (you don't have to get by goal) - they still did goal, but they also had regular updates weekly (not need by goal).

They stop that like 2-3 year ago.
    I'm a relatively new player (started last year) but I hit level 99 about a week ago. I'm a somewhat dedicated player and it's not like in-game money would be an issue in completing a goal but time certainly IS.
    People have lives and the game sometimes makes me think that S8 tends to forget that. It makes the game feel more like a job and less like casual entertainment (which is what it should naturally be in my humble opinion).
    Unfortunately this also means I have no comparison how a 30 days goal feels like. I only know its stressful 15 days variant and its even more painfully stressful small 5 days cousin. The goal free release of ovens and decorations is music to my ears, though.

Any change towards less timeconsuming would be a good change. If you put the game down for a week or even if it's a day or two (making you start late for a goal) you could potentially miss out on 500 things in the meanwhile. It locks away recipes and decorations for good without the option of unlocking them - ever. Unless they decide to maybe re-release it again in about 4-5 years from now. That's no fun.

Rhino Keeper
    30 day goals were lovely. Its a chore now

I personally do not like the 5 day goals. I run out of time with the last recipe not finished or even sooner and I play a lot during the day! Maybe if you have great neighbors who respond all the time and quickly it is doable, but for me the 15 day is much better. I still finish only a day or two before it ends, but at least I complete the goal.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    Indeed! Not only that, but can they please not finish in the middle of the day? How about having them end at 5 pm or midnight? People work and go to school and it's nuts to have them end early like that!

New Resident
    Why not meet in the middle and have it at 20 days. I personally work 50 hours a week and would like the extra 5 days to complete goals.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TamandraDrake View Post
    I personally do not like the 5 day goals. I run out of time with the last recipe not finished or even sooner and I play a lot during the day! Maybe if you have great neighbors who respond all the time and quickly it is doable, but for me the 15 day is much better. I still finish only a day or two before it ends, but at least I complete the goal.
    I agree! Not enough time. I don't think I've finished one yet.. I've tried maybe 2 or 3x.
    As for the 15 days goals, I tend to finish them early if I bust my rear.. but more time would still be nice. People are busy!
    ~ Level 99 Restaurant & Bakery Story ~
    Cat mom!
    AKA "Cara's Cafe" & "LaConfectionery"
    Add me if you're Lvl 40+

Quote Originally Posted by tatermaters View Post
    Agreed. It's not fun anymore.

Executive Chef
    The way goals are now 30 would be nice. We do have lives you know.

Farm Supplier
    Longer. I missed the poll, so my response isn't counted among those numbers.

I always shoot for 4 ovens per stage (since they usually have us build two different appliances) because that seems to work well for me, in terms of getting the questing done. Three is my comfort zone and the fourth is for extra parts I get sent or I accept because I wasn't paying attention and didn't count. I'm not sure how people manage with less, but props to them! I can't do it.

My neighbors are pretty good about throwing parts at me, but life happens and sometimes things lag, so there have been times where I'm struggling to get even a third appliance built, which slows things way down. I can babysit appliances at night, but not very well during the day, due to work, and there have been at least a couple of recent quests that I didn't finish. It was disappointing, but I was able to get all the recipes, so it wasn't a total waste. I'm not asking for them to be a month long thing, maybe just an extra week--three weeks would probably be enough for most people, but that's just my two cents. There are a lot of people saying that the 5-day goals are a chore and I agree! I've only ever been able to finish two or three, coming close on the rest...it needs to be at least a week.

I like the side quests because they're essentially optional. I guess it's all technically optional, but you know what I mean. It's nice to see some of the old prizes come back that I missed out on because they came out before I was playing, and it's nice to be able to reuse appliances I already have. Would it be too much trouble to have these recipes either make more servings or make more money per serving? It'd be nice to have more money to buy all these decor and appliances that are so expensive!

Host(ess)
    I think a tiny bit longer, just because I dont have time to master other ovens because I only work on goals. For newer players like me, it feels sad to not enjoy the other ovens.