View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.97%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

455 72.22%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.81%
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

I wish the 5 day ones were 6 day maybe or had less of the long recipes needed. I usually do finish them fine but only if I?m on often to get the short recipes done. I love how the tasks are posted here so I can start the long ones for the next parts while waiting for the long ones of current parts but I missed one day and ended up getting all messed up so I didn?t finish

New Resident
    I have a job and I love this game, but it doesn't keep in mind those of us who work, or even sleep for that matter. most time I never reach the goals because food has spoiled and have to start over. Its also hard to sometimes get pieces from neighbors because some of them may or may not still play. There should be something where as you can cook something for parts or some new updates.

It should be longer than 15 days cause in my case, I'm progressing a little slower so I can't complete the goal in time specially when it has to do with ovens cause you have to reach a certain number of level before you can purchase another oven.

Fashion Designer
    Instead of asking for additional days/longer period for goals, I'd rather ask for less parts required to build appliances (esp. second ones of 15 days goal). 40-32, that's just too many for us. About 20 gifts and 20 request max perday/reset, it took me 2 days at least if I got lucky. The collectibles didn't really help with that, in my case.
    Also the amount of servings required for them, 24-23-24, that's not easy for us to fulfill. With 3 ovens, 23 servings of 7 hours food required at least 3 days, since I won't always be there to take it out as soon as it's done.
    I got lucky and blessed with active neighbors so I almost always finished goals on time. But if I want to have some "days off", I'd have to finish the goals involving 1st appliances in like 3 days at least and finished building 3 of the 1st appliances in 1-2 days (2 resets?) and start to collect 2nd appliances parts as soon as possible.
    That's one of my strategy, I think. Once I'm done building all 3 of the 1st appliances, I'd only accept 2nd appliances parts as gift also that's where the collectibles go. I would bake anything with the 1st appliances to get more collectible parts, enough to build another 2nd appliances to finish the goal sooner (24 servings of 10hrs recipe required at least 80hrs/4 days if you only have 3 appliances, smh).
    So maybe like 30-22 pieces for 2nd appliances?? and definitely lower amount of servings required for foods involved in 2nd appliances

I vote for 30 days for the goal timer. It is really hard to complete them in 15 days especially when some of the cook times have been 12-16 hours

Rhino Keeper
    Longer to allow to complete without playing all day long. If you are just going to add more requirements to the goals then don?t bother extending the time period. Players should be able to complete the goals if they play at least once per day without stress! Alternatively don?t require collection from anything longer than 4 hours and no ?random? drops on any required item. If you have to wait fir a drop more than an hour it should be a sure thing that you get that drop.

I think the timer is fine. However I wish S8 would be more mindful. It takes so many parts to build these stoves. It?s also hard to have an 8 hour recipe for a gem stove with a 5 day goal.

Must agree with you Jo. I wasnt able to finish that last gem stove goal....not enough time with the 8 hour recipe. I was a bit disappointed, I always finish.....

Host(ess)
    I vote for longer goals. There are people on this game who have studying, school, work, etc. These people do not have enough time to play and complete goals. (I myself am one of them. College and a job) I think they also need to lower the parts requirements. We can technically only get 40 parts a day so we can build the 1st ovens in 3 days, but the 2nd ovens take 2 days to build just one. I personally find that I have to build 5 of each goal oven just to reach the plate requirements! I'd love to see the goals become longer like they were before!

New Resident
    Personally, I think the 15 day goals are fine. I'm always able to finish the main and side goals several days early. I do think the parts requirements are kind of high though. I don't think goal ovens required anywhere near as many parts when I started playing (6ish years ago). I would also love to see older parts being reused instead of every goal oven requiring 2 newly released parts. There are so many cool looking old parts that fit the themes of newer goal ovens.

I do wish the 5 day goals were a little longer though, especially if they're going to continue to use gem ovens. There's just so much to do in 5 days, especially for someone who only has one or two ovens. If I start working on the goal even a little bit late or if don't look ahead at the recipe cards on the forums so I can start the long oven and drink mixer recipes early, then I don't finish the goal in time. I think it would be great if these were 7 days instead of 5 days or if the number of things to bake and length of recipes were decreased.