View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
630. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.97%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

455 72.22%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.81%
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

I wonder if anyone with ability to change stuff is reading this thread. Almost 70% of players want more time and everyone is expressing the same difficulties about completing the goals (too many parts and not enough gift opportunity to build ovens within the time limit). I wonder why this hasn’t been addressed. This thread has been going on since 2017 but it doesn’t seem that anything has changed

Goal Time

I think 20 Day goals would be perfect, I?m so crazy busy I have trouble completing the goals I get close but not quite there

Executive Chef
    Now this is probably an unpopular opinion.

But the saddest part for me,
    Is that the 5 day goals are easier to complete than the 15 day goals.

You'd assume in a way, 5 day goals would be harder to complete in comparison to the 15 day goals, because of the shorter time frame - but in all honesty, it's not for me. Which is sad.

I think it's because of the requirements of needing 30+ tools - per 1 oven/fountain to complete and build them, and you're required to at least build 3 of each - if you aren't going to skip it with x amount of gems.

But in my opinion, i still think it's a bit ironic that I'm having no trouble at all with the 5 day goals but with the 15 day, I am.

Maybe I'm just slow at this or something, but it's unfortunate.

In fact, I actually started the last 5 day goal (the one with the Cake Delivery offer) about a day late, so in all fairness I only had 4-3 days left. But yet I still finished without a struggle, surprisingly. But if I even miss a day on the 15 day goals - I never can seem to finish it or get the final goal prize.

I hear people already complete the goal within 7 days of it coming in, but unfortunately I do not have such luck.

I do wish or either hope that the:

Tools requirement lowers a bit
    Or, at least add 2-3 more days on extension to the 15 day goals.

I haven't had such luck completing a 15 day goal since late October/November - where the final prize was the "Spooky Adventure"

Farm Supplier
    I don't have a problem with 15 days. I often run out of time, but that's only for goals where I didn't care for the goal prizes and simply wanted to unlocked all recipes. The trick is to be proactive in inviting new neighbours and discarding inactives, that way between the 20 goal part requests they can fulfill, and the goal parts that drop from baking, you can rack up 4-5 of each oven with about 2-3 days to spare.Completing the main and side goals is admittedly much harder, but with the way S8 is handling their designs, I rarely experience goals where I feel pressed to do both.

Executive Chef
    The thing is (if this is in response to me) - I do have active players to depend on (such as my 20 decoy bakeries where the all requests go through) and I accept all requests within that day - but still cannot seem finish in time regardless of how I approach it.

I'm probably just lacking s**** in completing, because neighbours aren't a problem, at least in my case.

However, I do see what you mean, as when I've finished the 2 goals in October/very early November, I believe I had 3 (or so) days remaining.

But since, I haven't had luck completing goals.
    I'm not sure if the motive isn't or wasn't as high as it was during Halloween to complete said goals, compared to now.

But in my case (on BS) luckily neighbours aren't or will ever be a problem, and so the problem is me, however I do wish for more days, regardless of what the actual problem is.
    Last edited by kappy333; 02-07-20 at 03:59 PM.

I do not think it is the length of goal. But the extreme difficulty in obtaining so many parts. Many time the drops doesn't happen and if you do not have many active/giving players it makes it hard. I have had difficulty, I work as many do. I cannot tell a patient to wait while I bake to reach my goal 😀. I just started attempting side goals....a tad more simple. Many thanks

I used to be able to complete all the goals and recipes. Now, I have been unable to complete the goal to get the final recipe. I find that I can complete enough of the food for a goal and more but will not have the 3 ovens complete so have to wait for that.

I have a family member who requires transportation to medical appointments. Often I am on the road for 6 hours. (2 hours plus another hour to hospital, waiting in hospital with no access to my iPad, an hour to their home and 2 hours to my home). The length of medical procedures will be increasing. I have do volunteer work on my days off.

The side goals are easy to complete before I even get the required number of the first oven. I find that I have loyal neighbours who gift daily and respond to requests. Many of those are still requiring parts for the first oven at the end of the event. Other neighbours have disappeared due to the changes with the need to get parts from neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Now this is probably an unpopular opinion.

But the saddest part for me,
    Is that the 5 day goals are easier to complete than the 15 day goals. "
    I agree. I find the 5 day goals much easier and have no trouble with the side goals. Needing such huge numbers of parts and not usually no basic parts is the issue. Also the goal required no 3 ovens before you can progress. I have all the food required for the goal but am still trying to get the oven built.

Account suspended
    Will I still be able to get my account back after being suspended? Made a report about an accidental purchase but they suspended the acct right away. I just ignored the purchase and just informed support that the activity was just an error. Can somebody pls help me. I can't access my acct anymore. I miss playing restaurant and bakery story.

Longer

I like the longer goals I need more time to complete them because the ovens need so many parts.