View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

I noticed for a while now that this seems to be a hot topic so I wanted to create a thread to get all of the feedback in one place.

Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Feel free to explain why you feel the way you do.

For me, personally, I like it how it is. I like goals twice a month. I get them done in a week and that's typically only being able to make 1 or 2 ovens a day because they need so many parts. So I start out slow, and still finish within a week, side goals included. But, yes, I do have some free time. I understand others don't have as much free time as me.

It seems like there is this push to extend the goal timer lately. And with the holidays coming up and hoping for some awesome goals, that potentially means less for us if they change it. I don't want that! But I can see how to others, less goals would be preferred if it means they will be able to finish any at all.

If any moderator or admin could edit my post and add a poll at the top for this question, that would be preferred. I've made a poll before but I can't seem to figure out how to do it now. :P - This has been done! Thank you, pixiegamer.

EDIT Oct 11, 2017: ADDING INFORMATION FOR NEW PLAYERS!
    The current length of a goal is 15 days. Some time ago, unsure of any dates (years ago, maybe?), the goal timer used to be 30 days to complete a goal. So that's what a lot of people have been debating about for the past several months: to extend the goal timer back to 30 days or not. A lot of people say they would like that, and then other people say they are fine with the 15 day timer. Some people are saying the 15 day goal timer is enough for them to complete goals, however, they see their friends or neighbors struggling so they would rather have a longer goal timer.

The side goal, which to my knowledge is a new thing that has been appearing along the main goal for the last several updates. The way the side goal works is it has the same goal timer as the main goal but you will not see the side goal until you progress through the main goal to a certain point, usually sometime during the second oven. Some side goals have unlocked after the 2nd recipe from the 2nd oven unlocks. This past side goal unlocked when the second oven itself was unlocked. You will likely see a shorter timer for the side goal when you unlock it because it will end at the same time as the main goal. So if it takes you a few days to progress through the main goal and then to unlock the side goal, your side goal timer will be: [15 days MINUS the days it takes you to progress through and get to the side goal] (basically, whatever time is left on the goal becomes your side goal timer - hope this makes sense).
    Last edited by catprint; 10-11-17 at 07:26 PM.