View Poll Results: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter (fewer than 15 days)

25 3.96%
  • Longer (more than 15 days)

456 72.27%
  • Remain The Same

150 23.77%
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the goal timer should be shorter, longer, or remain the same?

New Resident
    I wasn?t able to read all posts so excuse me if I?m repeating the same opinions as others over and over again.
    I started playing this game in 2010. Originally I only struggled to complete goals because of lack of neighbors. After getting a good group of neighbors I never struggled to complete the main 15 day goals. The 5 day goals were sometimes a challenge but I liked being able to get new or rereleased content. However, as of September 2018 and the most recent update I am completely upset. This may be my first time not completing a goal in years. The goal timer is the same (15 ish days) and the oven cooking timers are the same but the gross increase in part amounts is ridiculous. You can only get a limited amount of gifts from neighbors and the crate drops random parts you may not need at the time. The collectible help but it?s like dropping one drop of water in a pool-takes a while. The work around to get more collectibles (starting a recipe and then canceling or storing the oven) is a waste of coins. I believe a few things need to happen

1) Return it to the old way and decrease the stress of 5 day goals either by lowering the amount of food needed or increasing to six days.
    2) Have optional rerelease goals for those who are new/were not able to complete a goal in the past
    3) If it continues the current way either the days need to be increased, the parts lowered, or collectibles need to drop faster or in multiples.

It is quite stressful right now and is making me lose interest in the game. With the current update 15 days is not enough without spending a lot of gems (diamonds).

Farm Supplier
    I have been noticing that the mini goals have been starting very late, like 7 hours after the old usual start time! Given it to be a 5 day goal, does it not occur to the people in charge that in essence it has now become a 4 day event as those people on the other side of the atlantic ocean are asleep in their beds! Why is it so late! What is the reason for this? Is this necessary? Please respond and please correct this practise as it is very unfair to many loyal players! You are driving people away from the games!! Bad enough that the format has changed!!

Disappointed

I agree with everlinn.
    The new goal requirements are ridiculous. I cannot get 28 of 1 Part from all my neighbors as they are sending me parts they want and I too have started a recipe and stored my oven then put it back out & repeated several times before getting just 1 Campfire logs. I finally got 2 ovens only to realize I neeed 3 before I could make the 15 s'mores. So today the last day I still did not have any s'mores made. 5 hours left to make all 3 recipes but the 2nd appliance and make those 3 recipes yeah right!
    I hate this new goal thing and I'm quitting goals unless they go back the way they were. I had a difficult time completing them then so this is totally not fun. Challenging not really impossible for most I think.
    I do have a life. And lately I have quit playing daily after over 6 years of playing every day obsessively.
    I am very disappointed and unhappy as it has ruined the fun I used to have.
    Last edited by poohbear6185; 09-13-18 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Farm Supplier
    I am disappointed lin the new way the goals are being done ike everlinn and poohbear and several of my neighbors. I was able to get my 3rd oven yesterday, I think. No time to cook all 3 recipes. And I certainly would not be able to buy the drink machine. What are they thinking? Are they trying to drive us away? I sold my crates because no way would they ever get built.I have been playing since spring of 2011 .Loved the game and made several good friends. That is the only reason I haven't removed the game. I already removed Castle Story because of the insane goal requirements.
    I used to love that game too. I want to have fun at a game. A little challenge is fine.Maybe I should stick to Mahjong and stay away from Storm8. If they go back to the goal requirements we had a few months ago, I would be pleased.
    As to the time for goals. I liked 30 days. But maybe 20 would be easier than 15? But I was having trouble completing goals then, mostly my fault cuz my food got spoiled oops.
    But I cannot do this new goal thing. I am not pleased because I have always enjoyed getting new holiday decorations appliances etc.

New Resident

Just my thoughts

I can't give exact details because I played RS awhile back in 2012/2013 but quit for awhile. Then I started new again in late 2015 & have slowly built up to 2 accounts each in RS & BS.
    I personally would like to see it go back to the format that Team Lava used with 30 day Goals. It seemed liked we got so much from the Goal & for prizes. It was also all brand new & didn't copycat from other games. I would say keep the side goals within for those of us that finish quickly. Maybe even make it a couple or a few in the 30 days. Give people variety & choices. You can't please everyone all the time! I also loved when when the game updated automatically for the Holiday season & our Patrons were dressed in Caricature instead of having to download separate games to get that. Sales are always good for re-releasing items people can't get anymore.
    I don't mind the new version so much, I do like the fact we don't need to Request from Neighbors before we can build the first oven, but it can be time consuming. I can see where people get Frustrated. I don't have alot of free time, but do have the ability to respond to my food when it's ready & make more. Alot of people can't have their phones on them at Work so these new Goals are Impossible for them! In my Group /Neighbors alot of them have said they are quitting the Goals & a good handful have deleted the Game(s) totally.

I like the 30 day goal better some neighbors are fast at sending parts some are not and some live the game so it's difficult doing it all in 15 days and they ask for 30/40 parts that's crazy! Plus the side goal and the 2 ovens and each recipe that need to be unlocked and baked I haven't finished the past 3 goals and I been constantly playing and still I can't make it becuse the last recipes are 7-10 hours cooking time.

I think that it's fine the way it's set up. But you should give better prizes. After slaving for 5 days, you get 1 measly decor, it should be 1 prize per part. And I find it funny that you get only 1000 coins after spending thousands on dishes and ovens. Maybe these 5 day goals could have a prize of 50 gems, make it sweeter, for all the frustration some of the players experience.

Rhino Keeper
    The new goal format is BORING!

Getting all those parts requires doing boring tapping for far too long. It would be better to build ovens with existing parts and significantly fewer parts. The parts menu has gotten ridiculously long.

Games are supposed to be fun. These goals are not.
    O

I agree with sunnyDreams, the goals are getting pretty boring. I’ve been playing for 5 years quit doing the 5 days goals cuz I don’t like re cooking items that have reached level 4 and some prizes aren’t worth the trouble.
    With that being said, 15 days is enough time for some but as you can read others have a hard time completing them. Give more time

Farm Supplier
    Can we not go back to the 30 days to finish a goal?? I cannot get 28 parts from my neighbor's in 15 days for three ovens. It's ridiculous. I used to be able to finish goals now I can't. It's irritating I want to be able to unlock all of the food on the ovens but I do good to unlock two items. In work and I'm a mom and I used to be able to complete goals but now I can't. After 5 years u haven't been able to do goals in the past year probably.