View Poll Results: Did you enjoy this cruise and goals? Which of the prizes did you like?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • CRUISE: I enjoyed this cruise

36 61.02%
  • CRUISE: I didn't enjoy this cruise

12 20.34%
  • CRUISE: I started but I couldn't finish

5 8.47%
  • GOAL: I enjoyed these goals

19 32.20%
  • GOAL: I didn't enjoy these goals

19 32.20%
  • GOAL: I started but I couldn't finish

18 30.51%
  • I didn't participate

1 1.69%
  • I liked the prize - Nicoise Salad

38 64.41%
  • I liked the prize - Lettuce Wraps

39 66.10%
  • I liked the prize - Sangria

30 50.85%
  • I liked the prize - Pasta Salad

36 61.02%
  • I liked the prize - Mixed Berry Cobbler

9 15.25%
  • I didn't like the prizes

14 23.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: End of Summer Food Expo - 22 Sep 2017 (POLL ADDED)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I saw this pop up this morning but don't understand what this is supposed to be?
    Yes I have it too.

If I had to guess I think it's for those who did finish the cruise but didn't participate or keep up with the side quest.
    Since it showed up as a separate side quest it seems that if you finished the cruise you can still redeem the blue ticket and unlock the mixed berry cobbler even if you didn't do or followed the side quest all the way to step 9.

Earlier to get the cobbler you had to
    A finish the cruise AND
    B complete step 9 of the side quest.
    Which included all that extra serving of the other recipes. Which is kinda ludicrous if you ask me because in theory it would be possible to finish the cruise and have nothing at all to show for it. Another one of those brilliant design flaws in this whole debacle. So with this separate quest you could in theory still unlock the cobbler after you've finished the cruise. I'm sure there's players who ignored the side quest as they aren't interested in gold stamps only to find out at the end they had to play it to get the cruise prize.

Anyway why anyone would want that cobbler recipe with these values is beyond me but would also think I'd be beyond mad if I worked on a cruise and had nothing to show for it at all.

The real question (which we will probably never know the answer to) is that I wonder if this last chance thing was always in the plans from the start or if they have thrown it now after seeing the outcome ?
    And why not adjust the cook times and rewards for that cobbler recipe already ?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cfhebjhjfleabchljfeabcaejfhcb View Post

The real question (which we will probably never know the answer to) is that I wonder if this last chance thing was always in the plans from the start or if they have thrown it now after seeing the outcome ?
    And why not adjust the cook times and rewards for that cobbler recipe already ?
    Fixing the cook time would be easy if they wanted to admit to being wrong. They don’t seem to be able to bring themselves to do something like that.

New Resident
    Well, all I can say is be grateful if you completed the cruise and received your blue ticket! I had timing issues this time, spent waaaay too many gems to complete it. He came in and gave me my blue ticket. i was still working on the other ticket dishes at that time. When I got to the point where I was going to redeem my blue ticket....it says I don't have it.....so angry....I still have time left, but as I see, 18hrs per dish? Never going to happen for me even if I could get help from someone?

@Mrsspi: I have the same problem.
    I wait for him again, but he doesn`t come. I have spent so many diamonds for nothing.
    Hope someone can help me.

Rhino Keeper
    Kathy and Mrsspi, post 1 info says Ramon comes in only once to give you the diamond expo ticket. Once he does that, he won't be back.

So don't wait for him to come back lol. I would report it or ask a mod here to look into it.

It's no big deal really imo if you don't have the cobbler recipe. It's going to collect dust in my oven

However, if you've spent gems on this cruise... hope they fix Ramon and give you the recipe

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SunUpSunDown View Post
    Another goal?

Last Chance! Redeem the Diamond Expo Ticket

Reward is Mixed Berry Cobbler

NOTE. Only complete this goal if the Expo has ended
    Yes, I have it too. And I cannot redeem it since I did so already a few days ago and can cook this Mixed Berry Cobbler though I probably won?t.

Farm Supplier
    Hi . I back to this game and completed cruise. And cooked all 10 sangria. Sorry I don't have time to read all ten pages of discussion but I have question. I got one ticket from guest when I finished cruise and I got that recepie 18 hours with coin reward. But I couldn't cook 10 of those , when I started first I had only 3 days left so I quit that. It is impossible. How can you cook 10 - 18 hours meal. And also there is no gem reward recepie on this cruise , am I right? Am I missing something?

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Cruise ended for me yesterday, and it was a little bittersweet. LOTS of positive points with this one though

For starters, this was the first cruise for me where I was able to make it to Day 10 without having to spend gems! This was a big deal for me since I play RS2 very casually

I also really, really liked the switch-up with recipes as the prizes with this cruise My resto isn't big enough to display very much decor (if any), so for the majority of past cruises, the interim prizes were sort of the "means to the end" to obtaining the final recipe for me. Unfortunately, I usually fell behind around Day 9 and couldn't end up finishing the cruises So, with no space to display the decor and no recipe to show for my effort, I felt really discouraged coming out of cruises.

The recipe prizes, on the other hand, feel much more tangible It feels like proof of the progress I made in the cruise, and it's a very nice feeling to have after many instances of discouragement. I was especially happy to get the Sangria and Pasta Salad recipes - Sangria because it adds a recipe to my Celebration Stove (don't have too many there), and Pasta Salad because I can use pasta after so long~! And the servings/profits for these recipes are also really nice

Coming to the downsides: I do think the salad recipes would've been better suited to the Salad Bar appliance (even their artwork in the 'cooking' stage seems to indicate as much), and the lettuce-less lettuce wraps are still kinda bizarre

Now, because I didn't complete the cruise, I also obviously didn't complete the goal line this time around. I'm not too unhappy about that though - I really don't think the prize of 3 gold stamps was worth it (especially when the Day 9 cruise prize was also 3 gold stamps), and I'm also fairly happy I didn't get the Mixed Berry Cobbler recipe. Between the 18-hour cook time and the coin/gem output flip-flop and the cruise-AND-goal lines needing completion to unlock it fully, it doesn't seem like the prize was worth the effort needed to unlock it. I think I'd actually be less satisfied if I had completed Day 10 than I am now, having left Day 10 incomplete.

So, overall, I like the change, but I think there are a few points of concern that would need to be addressed heading into the next cruise:

• The recipe redemption/goal line tie-in. I followed the goal line alongside the cruise, so I was able to unlock all the recipes for the tickets I was able to earn. But if I hadn't, I would've potentially ended up with useless tickets in my inventory and still-locked recipes on my appliances, despite having gone through (and earning prizes for) a certain number of cruise days. So, I'm not sure cooking recipes to have to unlock the next recipe should have been necessary with this cruise; it would have been nice if we could also have had the option to redeem them directly through the appliances (via a LEARN button or something similar), or even automatically upon completion of their ticket day in the cruise line.

• The final goal prize. Despite my lacking ability to complete a cruise on time, I firmly believe that the final goal prize for a cruise, if it is a recipe, should be consistently gem-producing and earned/unlocked with the first drop of the special ingredient as has been the standard for all past cruises. Anything else just lessens the incentive for wanting to complete the goal.

• The stated and actual recipe earnings. Within this cruise, the Nicoise Salad and Sangria recipes both earned less than their recipe cards reported them to earn (Nicoise Salad earned 300 coins/100 plates, not 350; and Sangria earned 3500/700 plates, not 3600). Hoping this can be double-checked with future recipes.

Looking forward to future cruises Thanks!
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ostraoz View Post
    Hi . I back to this game and completed cruise. And cooked all 10 sangria. Sorry I don't have time to read all ten pages of discussion but I have question. I got one ticket from guest when I finished cruise and I got that recepie 18 hours with coin reward. But I couldn't cook 10 of those , when I started first I had only 3 days left so I quit that. It is impossible. How can you cook 10 - 18 hours meal. And also there is no gem reward recepie on this cruise , am I right? Am I missing something?
    You're not missing anything. The only way to cook ten 18hour cobblers is to use gems. There is a chance of getting gems from cooking the cobbler recipe. You can either get coins or gems.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I started the cruise a day late when it autostarted. I cooked 2 berry cobblers and also got 500 coins and 1 gem. I probably won't cook 10 by the time the goal ends but I just want to see how far I can get and how many gems will drop vs coins. I have thousands of gems, all from cruise recipes and drops, and over 200 butters from stamps, so I really don't care if I finish or not.

I have the oven that cooks the 24 hr chicken recipe. I bought it when first released for half price, which is still over priced. It gives 1 or 10 gems. I got 10 gems early on and once or twice afterwards and it's probably been around 2 years. Hopefully this recipe has a better gem drop rate.
    I cooked 8 berry cobblers. I got 500 coins, 1 gem, 500 coins, 500 coins, 2 gems, 500 coins, 1 gem, 1000 coins. There was 12:15 left on the goal and 18 hrs to cook the last 2. I wouldn't miss the gems to finish the last 2 after cooking 10-12 hrs, but that would tell Storm8 that it's okay to give these types of awards, so I'm not going to finish the goal. Not worth it for 3 stamps, would have considered it for a new, awesome decoration. The recipe gave more gems than I thought it would, but it should give way more for an 18 hr recipe.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast