Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new "star" button - a thread to play/test in...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Hi all, the star button below other players posts (you don't see it on your own posts) is called a reputation button (you can use a search engine to find more info if you're interested). Elsa has added it (probably only temporarily) as well as the date change format. We're just testing some new features.

So, what happens is you click on the star you can add a comment about the post - I tested it on someone here (can't rememember who! sorry!) and left an "I approve". It's adds a green box next to your name. The more other players click on the "I approve" button, the more green boxes you get. If you want to test it, use posts here in this thread . I couldn't find where I can see the comments you can also leave, but maybe that feature is still turned off. Not sure. It's an interesting button, but not sure it has value here. What I was looking at was a Like/Thanks feature which for our forum would be more practical.

I'll make a new thread so you can practice and have fun in. If the feature is removed, then I can just delete the thread. Don't leave any mean comments though ok even if you use the "I disapprove" button.

edit:
    Don't know why the green button isn't visible when you leave then come back to the thread? This message came up: "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 09-16-17 at 05:11 PM.

Executive Chef
    What's this? I can not press star more than once for the same person lol how do I spread more reputation
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	38342
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Executive Chef
    Hey all, I have a habit of adding stars ★ like this ★ on my posts, and suddenly I have a contender lol ★ (:

Executive Chef
    One more comment on the Reputation Button!

Cos it's shaped like a star ★ with 6-points instead of 5, it sure could make people think it's "favouriting" or "flagging" a post (: as opposed to "adding reputation" to the post/person ★ (:

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    What's this? I can not press star more than once for the same person lol how do I spread more reputation
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	38342
    LOL, thanks Ktorewqas No sign on my profile page of this recent climb in reputation, but I already feel less outlaw...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I'll make a new thread so you can practice and have fun in. If the feature is removed, then I can just delete the thread. Don't leave any mean comments though ok even if you use the "I disapprove" button.

edit:
    Don't know why the green button isn't visible when you leave then come back to the thread? This message came up: "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."
    Tried this out on your post SW. Didn't see a 'disapprove' button - only an approve one (which is a good thing I think - overall I mean - don't mean I would disapprove a post by SW!!!)

If the green button is the thing under 'moderator' etc, I see that next to everyone so not sure what that means.

I agree, just a 'like' option for a post, rather than for the person posting, would be good. Reputation seems to spread here anyway - we tend to know the champs of the forum

Oh that's interesting - and kinda funny! I can't see a way to see the comments, so maybe that part hasn't been turned on as it's just a testing thing.... who's gonna volunteer a post for me to 'disapprove' and test!

Fashion Designer
    Oh that's interesting - and kinda funny! I can't see a way to see the comments, so maybe that part hasn't been turned on as it's just a testing thing.... who's gonna volunteer a post for me to 'disapprove' and test!
    Feel free to disapprove mine - maybe only a moderator can do this ?
    Last edited by cavegirl1; 09-17-17 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Grammar

Rhino Keeper
    *cursing and acting out a rabid tantrum*

Ok, so it still gives you a green square, but the message I got thanked me for removing some of your reputation! I really need a photographic memory!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast