View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 90 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Executive Chef
    Ugh, S8 is just trying to frustrate me: first with all the baby milk and toadstool stuff-I'm not interested and I can't get rid of it or gift it to neighbors-
    Now, i have planned the carousel event perfectly with no resource left over after upgrading to level 10. I'm not collecting from my farmhouses, I'm not chopping rocks. I'm not doing bronze and silver trades. So what do I get from my milk and egg trade in the exchange: a golden cabbage!!!! Really, are you just trying to make me mad?
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 09-20-17 at 07:13 AM.

Executive Chef
    So it seems I've been incredibly lucky...

I've had 4 Alicorns drop!! And 2 expansion permits!!!

I had the Baron's Carousel to LVL10 Day 7 and just been doing mystery trades since.
    No gems spent (except the 30 for the Ticket Booth)
    I got the Ticket Booth and converted all my early tickets to gold.
    Got the Pony Day 7 also. I've tamed 3 Geese too.
    Had a constant supply of tickets with all these.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post

I had the Baron's Carousel to LVL10 Day 7 and just been doing mystery trades since.
    Congrats! 4 alicorns and 2 expansion permits is stupendous. I am sick of milks, mossy blocks, 1 energy, and thrones. This should have been an event of special and attainable prizes. Hope the next event is better.

I sure hope someone will report to S8 everyone's dislike of the milk, throwns, & toadstool items. I feel those are just a slap in the face. No one needs are wants this junk, S8.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    Thanks Huckle, I appreciate it!

Update: I'm still going and will use what I have. 15 gold so I imagine I will make the pony. I'm running the trades only because they are so high. I don't mind so extra wool or dyes, the cabbage is a waste. Have to see if anything is worthwhile in silver out of event, but bronze has some things at least and I don't mind restocking on them. As I said I just have to get over the game stealing from me. I know they won't return, even though I hit nothing, the game's biggest flaw and why they lost money from me. A lot of players say that but clearly they have enough paying big bucks they don't care that they lost some.

Edit: Up to 16, 4 to go! I may just in fact have all day tomorrow for mystery boxes! I'm staying up until I hit 20 lol. Just some medical procedures I can sleep through tomorrow so I don't mind pushing through

As for the actual event and strategy:

Hindsight is 20/20, I realize many of this played this event wrong. It clicked now, just my opinion others may agree or disagree, curious to know what you think.

This is for those who did not buy the ticket booth and our strategy:
    I was holding most of my bronze, doing a few trades a day since there where so many, and I held my silver tickets so once I had the pony I could start doing the mystery exchange. I didn't use any gold as I saved it for my pony.

Now I realize I should have had silver and bronze running constantly for they would have helped level me to 10 faster (still holding my gold) and once I reached 10, several days earlier, my gold would have increased to get the pony. At that point, once I was at 10, those trades were no longer needed unless you were high up and hopefully the pony was in sight. Around day 6 or so we probably would have had the pony and between pony and level 10 with gold coming in we would just be running lots of mystery trades. At least that's how I would do it given a second chance.

Did in fact anyone play this way and if so what day did you get your pony and have you made many mystery exchanges as I imagined?
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing today!!! I'm maxed on bronze all the time and I should have been trading it early on for supplies to upgrade. Why didn't any of us realize this? I guess we didn't think we'd get four or five bronze tickets in a single collection down the line?

Adding in to the conversation about the booth drops... I personally don't feel the need to collect toadstool supplies, but they really are a decent prize. Would you be angry about getting a feast that isn't your favorite feast? Or ornate instead of enchanted beams? They're a ready-to-go item that some might want. Yes a lot of people have each of the babies, but a lot don't. I'd prefer gems, alicorns and the like of course, but I don't think it's the same as giving a fur, bacon or a cow milk.

Edit: the throne should drop 1000+ coins though. No reason not to, really. We're pouring money into the mermaid quest, why not help it along?

Fashion Designer
    looking for opinions.
    with less than 10 hours left in event, have leveled carousel to lvl 10. have my 1 goose.
    but I am sitting at 16 gold tickets. I will be out of wifi soon, so might have time for 1 or 2 more collections (unless i spend valuable gems to sped carousel).

Should I gem to chance getting 4 more gold tickets OR just go for as many Mystery Box trades as I can get done?
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Ugh, S8 is just trying to frustrate me: first with all the baby milk and toadstool stuff-I'm not interested and I can't get rid of it or gift it to neighbors-
    Now, i have planned the carousel event perfectly with no resource left over after upgrading to level 10. I'm not collecting from my farmhouses, I'm not chopping rocks. I'm not doing bronze and silver trades. So what do I get from my milk and egg trade in the exchange: a golden cabbage!!!! Really, are you just trying to make me mad?

The golden cabbage has been part of that trade for the whole event. Stinks you just discovered that now, but it was really helpful when I was upgrading. I thought it was a nice little "Easter egg" to find. So many of us do the milk/egg trade daily, doing so yielded an event-related bonus!
    Last edited by peachtreeshoppe; 09-20-17 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Adding in quote I referenced

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    looking for opinions.
    with less than 10 hours left in event, have leveled carousel to lvl 10. have my 1 goose.
    but I am sitting at 16 gold tickets. I will be out of wifi soon, so might have time for 1 or 2 more collections (unless i spend valuable gems to sped carousel).

Should I gem to chance getting 4 more gold tickets OR just go for as many Mystery Box trades as I can get done?
    Unless you love the pony, mystery boxes. I semi-regret the pony. My other silly horses are in storage and I'm sure this guy will be soon, too. Expansion permits, gems and alicorns would have been much more useful, even if I only got one or two of any of them.

Fashion Designer
    I am happy with the event overall. Yes, it's not events of the past where you can achieve everything, but it was still nice. I spent gems on the tickets booth and do have an Ali- yeah - but won't have enough to earn the pony. I can go either way on the moving carousel as it uses more memory. I do appreciate the high coin return. Perhaps the pony can be a Black Friday special. Overall, happy anniversary S8. Still love the game, though it can be frustrating at times. I do miss whole events being possible too. Good luck too all getting an Ali!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post

I'd say you're extremely lucky! Congrats, especially on the expansion permits. How has your luck been on the daily free gifts? I've only received 1000 coins or 1 gem for the videos.
    I completed the event 4 days ago. I've done mystery box numerous times. Rec'd 1 Ali, 6 thrones. 4 Shih Tzu, 1 tea cup poodle, 3 milk, 5 mossy blocks, 2 toadstool beams, a couple of times, I rec'd absolutely nothing from the drop. Crafted 2 goose. Was able to buy 1 goose.
    I've decided to stop playing and just concentrate on collecting from the energy items from today until the new event begins. I did the same before the Baron's birthday began. It helped me do more goals in the beginning.