View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    This is exactly the reason I do not buy gems, because in the end almost everything is due to luck in this game. When S8 is going to change the odds and reward according to hard work( like most events in dragon story) then I have no problem with investing money in the game but untill then, I will keep my money in my pocket.
    I was gonna hit the * under your ID & leave a rep comment, but just noticed they've disappeared already. Just add a 'Like' button S8.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I got a baby dragon from a trade. I don't need one, but it's cute and I think I will not let it grow up.

The drops from the trades were pretty much useless, except from the teacup poodles in both my kingdoms (just got one in kingdom #1) and one expansion permit in #2.
    And I got geese spawning from the bronze trade but not from the carousel That's a nice trade...instead of getting one feather you get one goose which you have to spend energy on...oh wait like a pinata......

I will get my carousels to level 8, but I'm not going to ask for birthday invites. I won't need more golden cabbages, there's no way I'm going to get the carousel to level 9 or even 10.

I thought this event would be fun, but it's a little underwhelming.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post

seriously i've had it!! I've spent over 300 gems speedign up the building to get tickets foy mystery trade.. not one alicorn or permit. just give us an alicorn or dont. enough of this random junk

if you think about it it's quite unfair for people to do same or harder work / gem spending and some get an alicorn and others don't.
    I am sorry for saying this ... I understand your frustration, same for everyone, but ... to spend 300 gems for a random gift its only on you.
    Seeing your posts number, you are around for some time now and you probably already know this game is based on randomness. Every single time.

I don't say its fair or not, but this its a game for us ... for them its a business. Its their milk cow. And if they will give an alicorn to everyone, and if they will make quests so easy that everyone will finish them in 3 days without gems or whatever ... who will buy gems and make this game profitable ? And who doesn't like some adrenaline too ?

I know most of you wont agree with me, but I play this game for awhile now, and very late I started to buy gems to help myself.
    And trust me when I am telling you, every quest is made to be finish without 1 gem spending.
    I have done so many and I finished in time, not even by speeding up buildings. Yes, they might require more time, but they all be done in time.

Plus, this game offers you the possibility to make a lot of gems. From videos, trades, purple cow, adventures, etc ... I made more than 500 gems this years this way. If someone spend those gems in useless decorations and speeding up buildings just because they lack some patience, I don't think its S8 fault.

I wish I had an alicorn army too, instead I have only one and I keep playing, I have patience and I enjoy my game. And I am trying to log in as often as I can. Every 2 hours you have full energy and its enough for many things.

Whats so big deal an alicorn anyway? I don't even use mine so often lol Honestly I will like to have more daily ones, to collect on different hours, that one who gives me energy once a week. I am just hopping for expansion permits

Anyway, I am sorry again. I am just getting exhausted when I see some aggressivity and so many complaints, when you all should just take it for what it is !

Fashion Designer
    true i should learn from the lesson that S8 IS the Baron lol
    at least i got the new puppies

Executive Chef
    Indryia, its true you can earn gems from normal game play. I, also, have earned over 500. Unfortunately I only have 200 because of the (S8 devised I'm sure ;| ) gem traps.... just another plea for a confirmation button.

Back on topic: I'm debating if the pony is worth it (figuring it's not really a gold drop). What have people gotten as drops?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Back on topic: I'm debating if the pony is worth it (figuring it's not really a gold drop). What have people gotten as drops?
    I understand your hesitation, because many times the animals weren't worth the effort (eg. The dark/light steed which dropped a whopping 3 gems since I got it), but most of the times the promised gold drops are rare but still happening.

Ooh, I just got 100 or 99 energy from my wedding ali *insert smiley with big eyes*
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

One frustration I have to let out. I am really pushing for the pony. 12 golden tickets, collecting every two hours. TWO of my PAST THREE collections did not give ANY tickets. One gave nothing at all, the second gave a goose but no tickets. This is beyond unfair and if this keeps happening there is no chance of me getting the pony. Someone please tell me this is being fixed ASAP and we are being reimbursed for the collections that faltered?
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Indryia View Post
    I am sorry for saying this ... I understand your frustration, same for everyone, but ... to spend 300 gems for a random gift its only on you.
    Seeing your posts number, you are around for some time now and you probably already know this game is based on randomness. Every single time.

I don't say its fair or not, but this its a game for us ... for them its a business. Its their milk cow. And if they will give an alicorn to everyone, and if they will make quests so easy that everyone will finish them in 3 days without gems or whatever ... who will buy gems and make this game profitable ? And who doesn't like some adrenaline too ?

I know most of you wont agree with me, but I play this game for awhile now, and very late I started to buy gems to help myself.
    And trust me when I am telling you, every quest is made to be finish without 1 gem spending.
    I have done so many and I finished in time, not even by speeding up buildings. Yes, they might require more time, but they all be done in time.

Plus, this game offers you the possibility to make a lot of gems. From videos, trades, purple cow, adventures, etc ... I made more than 500 gems this years this way. If someone spend those gems in useless decorations and speeding up buildings just because they lack some patience, I don't think its S8 fault.

I wish I had an alicorn army too, instead I have only one and I keep playing, I have patience and I enjoy my game. And I am trying to log in as often as I can. Every 2 hours you have full energy and its enough for many things.

Whats so big deal an alicorn anyway? I don't even use mine so often lol Honestly I will like to have more daily ones, to collect on different hours, that one who gives me energy once a week. I am just hopping for expansion permits

Anyway, I am sorry again. I am just getting exhausted when I see some aggressivity and so many complaints, when you all should just take it for what it is !
    I agree partly, yes it is just a game and I do enjoy playing it most of the time and take it for what it is otherwise it is no fun, and yes when patient you can save gems from different animals/drops/ adventures BUT it is very annoying to save for a long time and then the game freezes and you lose gems, it is almost as if S8 does it on purpose, so again :S8 WE NEED AN CONFIRMATION BUTTON.
    I do not agree that every event/quest is made to finish for everyone without spending gems. I haven't finished an event for a while now and I haven't upgraded any of my buildings to level 10 and I play every hour to 2 hours, so with hard work still not able to finish till the end, I even spend my well saved gems for the Onyx temple event but still wasn't able to finish so that was double frustrating.
    In this event I have so far collected about 8-10 gold tickets and my building was level 5 plus from approx. Day 5, so 8-10 gold tickets in 9 days,no way to collect enough for main prize. So I started using them for mystery boxes and "won" 2 Shih Tzu dogs so that is quite good as I do not had any dogs yet.
    And also I would buy gems if they weren't so outrageously expensive, I mean 600 gems for an Alicorn is 20+ Pound for graphics, 100 gems per 1 pound is more realistic. At least if I buy a pc/xbox/psp game you have the full version for 40 pound but with this game it can costs hundreds dare I say thousands of pounds/dollars.

But on topic, S8 please increase gold ticket drops and gold cabbages, I am at level 9 and maybe just maybe this can be my first finished level 10 building.

Here is my plan, let me know what you guys think. I'm still going and despite two drops giving me tickets at all I was lucky that I have had 2 gold since. Originally I was just going to hit 19 and pay the 44 gems for the last. Realizing how inexpensive it is to speed ahead, I believe since it's 8 gems for the full two hours it will be 4 at one hour. If every hour I gem ahead for my tickets, I have a greater chance of hitting 20 gold, and even if it takes 11 hours for the 44 gems, I believe I will have gotten there a lot faster saving me time.

This also gives me the ability to collect from both the carousel and pony, both potential golden drops, and while set on bronze and silver, each time I get new gold ones it's another mystery box for me. I've been an insomniac lately so aside from naps I'm set to go every hour. It seems like a solid plan to me and as I said even if I don't make 20, I'm 11 hours ahead to try a couple more times.

Am I missing any huge flaws in my plan that you guys see?
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Rhino Keeper
    Okay, all prize ratios and drops aside...

Also my pain medication has kicked in.

I think s8 was real smooth about this party.

I googled to see what a real pfefferknot pony looks like.

There isn't one? Is the word pfefferknot a castle story related inside joke?

I cannot even get it to translate.

Except if I type phefferknot (ph not pf) on google translate page I get "frisian detected" to english: thread knot

I still say he's a donkey. Representing the Baron as a donkey. :| heh...

Then the tiny little throne to further mock the Baron. He's a big guy but it is tiny. Tiny little throne, tiny little power in a kingdom.

The golden cabbages to insult him as well. Just lol...

The geese... this one I had to think about a bit. They're goofy and the Baron's ideas are too, but there is surely more to it than that.

Then I realised geese are noisy and just don't shut up any time they use my yard as a migration break.

Just like the Baron!

I'd say this was a good Insult-the-Baron Party for all the insults built in.

Then again I might be wrong and just too zinged on medication to know what's what.
    I use android and I do hit yes on new neighbors.
    I play Castle Story (DS and FS burnout, I'll be back to those though).
    I don't usually read my wall in the games.