View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

I just realized post 1 calls this a community event, but there weren't any community objects. It seems like it nearly was a community event, but only with individual prizes via mystery trade or gold pony trade. Has there been anything like this setup before?

Rhino Keeper
    The pony really should have been an Alicorn as it is a special occasion, a lot of players would use gems for it to make sure to get it.
    What about having an Alicorn as the main prize allong with a crafting building and then players can choose which prize they want and if they want both they have the obtion to buy it with gems. Some will want the Alicorn but some the building or both, because there are a lot of players that do not want anymore pets, this way we get to choose(just a thought)

Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    The pony really should have been an Alicorn as it is a special occasion, a lot of players would use gems for it to make sure to get it.
    What about having an Alicorn as the main prize allong with a crafting building and then players can choose which prize they want and if they want both they have the obtion to buy it with gems. Some will want the Alicorn but some the building or both, because there are a lot of players that do not want anymore pets, this way we get to choose(just a thought)
    Makes sense, like the two horse prize where you chose one or the other. But with buildings and alicorn, which people want!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    I was thinking the EXACT same thing today!!! I'm maxed on bronze all the time and I should have been trading it early on for supplies to upgrade. Why didn't any of us realize this? I guess we didn't think we'd get four or five bronze tickets in a single collection down the line?

Adding in to the conversation about the booth drops... I personally don't feel the need to collect toadstool supplies, but they really are a decent prize. Would you be angry about getting a feast that isn't your favorite feast? Or ornate instead of enchanted beams? They're a ready-to-go item that some might want. Yes a lot of people have each of the babies, but a lot don't. I'd prefer gems, alicorns and the like of course, but I don't think it's the same as giving a fur, bacon or a cow milk.
    I disagree, bc ornate and/or enchanted beams&blocks contribute to multiple bldgs and events on down the line, whereas toadstool beams&blocks only contribute to toadstool bldgs. Also to what "JandDolphins" stated, I did this event to that effect correctly via upgrading first & awaiting trades and was very unlucky. Im at Carousel Lvl9, have the ticket exchange, played every 2hrs, only have done 8 mystery trades total, 2 bronze trades, and am waiting on 8gold tickets for mule, 7feathers for the goose. Thats how bad my Carousel ticket drops & spawns have been & I advanced to Lvl9 3days ago?!? Explain that? Ive gotten the poodle from mystery trade, but other than that Ive gotten 2thrones, 1toadstool beam & 1 block, everal skunkupine milks. Thats it! Sometimes Im only getting 1bronze ticket from Carousel drops. Had to stop at Carousel Lvl9 just in order to have a chance at a goose. But yes, most times I agree it's strategy and somewhere in there is the algorithim for "luck/randomness" too or so I thought... my "luck" has been utter beeswax.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    The golden cabbage has been part of that trade for the whole event. Stinks you just discovered that now, but it was really helpful when I was upgrading. I thought it was a nice little "Easter egg" to find. So many of us do the milk/egg trade daily, doing so yielded an event-related bonus!
    Peach: the "random drops" come in to play again I did the trade a few times but didn't get a cabbage, now when I'm done: cabbage, figures.

I wish the random would stop (saying it again). Someone just posted they've received 4 Ali's this event while others haven't received any (I haven't done enough mystery boxes to complain but some players have.)

I was hoping to get 4 more mystery boxes but suddenly my level 10 has stopped dropping gold tickets. The first 5 collections each gave a gold ticket (3 toward the pony and 2 for boxes) but none since. Oh well, BIG SIGH

Rhino Keeper
    I hopefully can upgrade to level ten or craft a 3 rd goose but not both(probably), which to choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    @janddolphins
    Anytime i use my gems is in the first few days of the event to get the building as high as i can, as quickly as i can. This particular event I gemmed 2 hats since feathers was my issue near the start.
    Generally the higher level of your building = the better the drops = the more days you have to collect a greater quantity of event items.

I got the pony around day 5, so i was free to do mystery trades after that. My mystery trades haven't been coming along that abundantly though due to low amounts of bronze in my kingdom. I've been doing 2-4 Mystery Box trades a day.
    It's a shame though that the ticket drops were removed from the doggie pets.
    thanks for sharing!

Thanks DK idea seems like it could have worked with bronze ticket trades getting the feathers. I ended up falling asleep....bad me! Lol

Up to 18! 9 hours left.....now 6 hours. I've already accepted bi mystery trade, the baron loved me anyway and gave me two daily allicorns during event. Just hoping, I have two more chances for an hour speed up and two more so in 4 trades will I hit 2 gold tickets. I have never been so close. 6-9 taps a day. I could not play more, and already 5 speed ups. Complete luck here aside from my hindsight realization. That will come in handy for the future

Ugh just did another with no coins, maybe just bronze and I didn't see as I didn't keep up. 9 gems left, time for videos hopefully a couple more to help. So wish I didn't sleep in accidently. This will be so so close'
    Last edited by janddolphins; 09-20-17 at 12:42 PM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Nightclub Owner
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Well after hustling and setting a timer (and not living a normal life because I'm living by the timer), I was able to collect golden tickets via trades in the trade booth to get the pony. (Carousel only on level 7, but I did craft the ugly goose which helped w/bronze tickets). I'd say I collected maybe 3 or 4 golden tickets from the carousel, the rest were from the trade tent.) I guess I'd call it a success, even after the frustration.

Rhino Keeper
    Just did my last collection on my carousels. I have 5 more hours on the clock, but have to go to bed. I would not have gotten 20 gold tickets, probably not even if I would have bought the ticket booth. So no pony for me. I chose to craft the goose first, because my second kingdom could use an extra supplier of golden eggs. For me there was no way to get the carousel to level 10 and craft the goose.

I did some mystery box trades and got a lot of junk. Things worth mentioning: 5 thrones , 3 teacup poodles, 1 expansion permit (that's the grand total in two kingdoms). I'm trading in my last bronze and silver tickets now.

I thought I was going to have trouble upgrading because of a lack of wool or red petals/dye, but it turns out that lack of time was the bottleneck.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil