View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    This feels anything but celebratory. I was doing OK until I needed feathers. 5 collections today, one goose, one feather. At that rate this is impossible.

Things had improved so much. I even spent money on the last event. Now this makes me feel that S8 are squeezing players again.
    I am beginning to lose my celebratory feelings too. I thought S8 was being nice but now there appear to be many limitations. I've had a level 3 carousel since yesterday evening. I finally spawned my 3rd goose but only have 4 feathers (1 feather may have come from a bronze trade). I have NOT received ANY silver tickets.

I also agree that red petals and wool (before the black alpaca showed up for coins) are hard items to require for events, especially because wool and red dye are definitely going to be limiting factors, so many will be used for this event it is going to hard to get enough gold cabbages, red petals wool and water without an Ali farm.

This 5th Birthday event certainly does fit with S8 as the baron (credit to NorthwoodsKing).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    True enough - BUT my 1st collection from the carousel dropped 2 bronze tickets (which ended up NOT counting toward 1st collections in goal area, annoying) & then my 2nd collection dropped only 1 bronze ticket. Meaning I had to wait another 2 hours to collect again so I could complete my 1st trade. Player naterdy in post #76 has a Very valid point.
    Agreed HappyHeart. I haven't received a silver ticket yet and I've collected 6 times from my level 3 carousel.

Nightclub Owner
    So I was feeling brave this morning and as I had the bronze and silver tickets, I spent the gems to get a gold ticket to do the Mystery Box and to my unending surprise I got 1 Toadstool Beam and the ALICORN! I cannot believe it but I'm certainly not complaining.

I've started a list of my trade results and the Bronze has given me: goose feather, red string, red dye, blue gem, wool, red petal, golden cabbage.

As you only get one small item from the Bronze trade I'm going to save my bronze tickets and trade them up for silvers. Hopefully those trades are better.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    This feels anything but celebratory. I was doing OK until I needed feathers. 5 collections today, one goose, one feather. At that rate this is impossible.

Things had improved so much. I even spent money on the last event. Now this makes me feel that S8 are squeezing players again.

Same here, 5 collections from L3 netted me a goose with 1 feather And glancing through the pages, I didn't see any other source for feathe... I hope I'm wrong and someone can point me to a source that I've missed
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    Oh ok! I'm level 2. So I should be seeing different drops throughout upgrading ��
    As you level up, you'll sometimes see the same items dropping (Bronze tickets for instance), but the carousel has a possibility to drop a multiple tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotarch View Post
    not for t-farmhouses
    guess every 2-4 collection a cabbage
    I have 1 toadstool farmhouse and it doesn't drop anymore gold cabbages than my original about 1 per 4 collections, and although we can collect every 10 minutes I do not have the energy to do that al the time but also not the time, It is not very realistic to collect every 10 minutes, every our hour or 2 would be more realistic, but it seems to me that this game is made for the ones playing every waking minute.

Executive Chef
    The two limiting factors in this event are goose feathers and wool. I was maxed on wool yesterday and used it all to get to level 7. It's nice that S8 has given us a wool source for coins. I've purchased 16 black alpacas and pulled all of my sheep out of inventory. The best use of gems is for the hat. It only takes 25 gems and relieves the pressure of needing the goose to spawn as well as saving a lot of wool.

I'm out of town on vacation and had no intention of playing the game, but this event is fun so far even with limited playtime. Don't get discouraged about the golden cabbages since the farmhouse only takes 10 min. to recharge. Just build as many farmhouses as you can fit in your kingdom and buy as many alpacas as you can afford. Good luck, everyone.
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RealGoblinKing View Post
    As you level up, you'll sometimes see the same items dropping (Bronze tickets for instance), but the carousel has a possibility to drop a multiple tickets.
    Sadly 'a possibility' means it usually doesn't. My carousel has been on level 3 since first thing this morning , my very first collection on day one dropped two bronze tokens, since then I've had one single bronze token every time. And one goose. If you want people to stay engaged with this, the odds need to improve bit.

Executive Chef
    Will these trades be available after event?

Fashion Designer
    Now that would be an anniversary prize. Another prize "tent".
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...