View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 46 of 111 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    If you haven't already, you all need to turn the sound on while battling the goose. The sound effects are really funny.
    Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
    You're gonna hear me roar!
    Roar, roar, roar, roar, roar!
    ---- sang by the drunk goose
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    This was like that before.. I had already mentioned y'day or the day before.
    No changes here, BUT I do consider it an error. Ivy counts feathers collected till /30. Then you need 30 MORE in the workshop. Seems info was not passed on to the workshop.
    Usually goals till now made use of the former sums on the same goal page.. BUT this one starts all over again.. on the same goal.
    You need to have 30 feathers in your inventory in order to tame the goose. It shows that you need 30 feathers in order to craft the goose in the workshop. If you have gathered the necessary 30 feathers but used them on other things (like the hats), then I'm not sure I understand why it's confusing why they don't reappear to tame the goose. This is how all of the crafts in the game work - you can't use one item for two things, and once you use something it's gone. If there was no feather count component in the "Tame the Goose" goal at all, the ultimate requirements for finishing the goal would still be exactly the same - you can't have a goose without gathering (and keeping) 30 feathers first. You don't need to have gathered 60 feathers total.

Rhino Keeper
    Worse birthday party ever. Items not dropping much.....takes the fun out of the game.

Executive Chef
    Agreed:
    Worst birthday ever

I find it fascinating that glitches (or mistakes) that happen to be in the players favor can be fixed in the blink of an eye, even on a weekend. But when the glitch is in the games (Baron S8's) favor, it takes days to 'fix', and that only happens during actual working hours.

I'm betting they actually sold some gem packages so people could buy those geese for 25 gems. Would it really have been so bad to let players have a little birthday gift? Honestly, the goose isn't even much of an advantage, it doesn't help that much. And mine spawns fangbeasts. Sigh.

Since quick changes are obviously possible, (examples: the 'skipped' goose change, and, what's up with the teacup poodle drops?) Why can't the toadlettes be turned off? I mean, we know they spawn in order to waste energy, but isn't this quest energy intense enough without further antagonizing players with that annoyance? At least direboars and fangbeasts have useful drops to offset the wasted energy.

I'm not sure I'll get the horse (BTW, love the donkey reference earlier!! Much more appropriate since it's dressed as the baron! Lol!). I keep forgetting to check the carousel every two hours, so tickets are not adding up very quickly at all. Sadly, I don't even really care at this point.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

I agree totally with everything you just said!! Very well put!!

Rhino Keeper
    i hate to say it but i agree too, i think S8 have scored a huge own goal here. They also are going to have to start addressing problems at weekends now as we know they can, or else get even more disgruntled players next time.

one way we can all make our voices heard a little is not to write pages of thank-you's after the free gift of a pink alpaca is given at the end of the quest to sweeten us all up. i still don't have my white alpaca out on principle that i'd rather they had fixed the quest during & everyone had gotten to complete that quest. Reverse your decision S8, let people have the bonus effect in the event of the animal rather then a random afterwards.

my drops are ok ish & i think this quest is actually not asking for huge volumes of items & has many days to go so still it was/is doable by quite a lot of players. The red ink issue is not as terrible as it was in the past even txs to the scorched thingies. Not sure people are trying any more thou for a few reasons, drops, the goose thing & the prizes being a bit meh.

i think thou the goose thing, even for those who got it, left a bad taste in the mouth. just look at how quiet the whole forum is atm.

i worry about the big sale they have planned, thinking people might not bother.

hopefully this post is enough on topic & that S8 won't consider some of these comments off topic & remove them but to totally bring it back on topic the level 2 horse shed thing (not the stable) i had always thought was a guaranteed wool drop but it's been incredibly disappointing for me i've given up doing it now. i think my wool has mainly been got old school wise, from sheep.

one good thing i've been forced to check on fangbeast spawning board pieces so i have been able to get enuf milk for my pet. small silver lining.
    Last edited by appppppplecrumble; 09-11-17 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spell check made me make even less sense then normal

I would like a pink or purple alpaca

That is if you give us a choice S8 for our "sorry gift"

Maybe we should start a new thread

Executive Chef
    Apppppppple: this forum is incredibly quiet for a big 5 year celebration. The final rewards do seem very meh.

I'm using my energy every 2 hours this way:
    Carousel, 6 farmhouses (no t-farmhouse didn't like that event and still don't) ponds to find red fish, crops, kitchens then good drop buildings.

I'll see how far I get. Currently at level 6 waiting for wool and cabbages. The end prizes don't seem worth the stress and lack of sleep. Plus, I've only gotten 3 silver and 2 gold tickets so there's no way I'm getting the donkey/pony. I'm not buying the ticket booth. But with my (un)luck, at the end of the event, that's the only building that will be a benefit

Fashion Designer
    I think I the event is fine, and there is plenty more time. But it would be more celebratory if the goose feathers were easier to come by, or if we knew the ticket drops continued after the event. If so, folks would certainly pony up for the ticket booth and not worry so much about feathers. (Yes, I went there, it quacked me up.)

The biggest challenge for this event was following the AWESOME monster hunt we just had.

Happy Birthday storm 8.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...