View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Fashion Designer
    Posting to get the power of the post

I haven't had a gold ticket in the past 24 hours and am sitting on 18. I would like to get 3 more, with very limited playing time - just so I can complete the pony and do one mystery trade (just because - I don't expect anything useful from it ).

Let's see if this works!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by calicokittennope View Post
    Okay, all prize ratios and drops aside...

Also my pain medication has kicked in.

I think s8 was real smooth about this party.

I googled to see what a real pfefferknot pony looks like.

There isn't one? Is the word pfefferknot a castle story related inside joke?
    Yes, it's the Baron's name

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    Here is my plan, let me know what you guys think. I'm still going and despite two drops giving me tickets at all I was lucky that I have had 2 gold since. Originally I was just going to hit 19 and pay the 44 gems for the last. Realizing how inexpensive it is to speed ahead, I believe since it's 8 gems for the full two hours it will be 4 at one hour. If every hour I gem ahead for my tickets, I have a greater chance of hitting 20 gold, and even if it takes 11 hours for the 44 gems, I believe I will have gotten there a lot faster saving me time.

This also gives me the ability to collect from both the carousel and pony, both potential golden drops, and while set on bronze and silver, each time I get new gold ones it's another mystery box for me. I've been an insomniac lately so aside from naps I'm set to go every hour. It seems like a solid plan to me and as I said even if I don't make 20, I'm 11 hours ahead to try a couple more times.

Am I missing any huge flaws in my plan that you guys see?
    Yeah, I think the speeding thing it will worth. If I was in the same case, I will do the same.
    Plus, if you don't have 3 geese, every collection of the carousel can spawn a goose and you can have more feathers too.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Posting to get the power of the post

I haven't had a gold ticket in the past 24 hours and am sitting on 18. I would like to get 3 more, with very limited playing time - just so I can complete the pony and do one mystery trade (just because - I don't expect anything useful from it ).

Let's see if this works!
    You go, girl !

Power of the post, power to the people !

Rhino Keeper
    I decided to craft the pony, then got two more gold tickets. Milk both trades. Hopefully I will get a few more gold tickets before the event ends.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    I agree partly, yes it is just a game and I do enjoy playing it most of the time and take it for what it is otherwise it is no fun, and yes when patient you can save gems from different animals/drops/ adventures BUT it is very annoying to save for a long time and then the game freezes and you lose gems, it is almost as if S8 does it on purpose, so again :S8 WE NEED AN CONFIRMATION BUTTON.
    I do not agree that every event/quest is made to finish for everyone without spending gems. I haven't finished an event for a while now and I haven't upgraded any of my buildings to level 10 and I play every hour to 2 hours, so with hard work still not able to finish till the end, I even spend my well saved gems for the Onyx temple event but still wasn't able to finish so that was double frustrating.
    In this event I have so far collected about 8-10 gold tickets and my building was level 5 plus from approx. Day 5, so 8-10 gold tickets in 9 days,no way to collect enough for main prize. So I started using them for mystery boxes and "won" 2 Shih Tzu dogs so that is quite good as I do not had any dogs yet.
    And also I would buy gems if they weren't so outrageously expensive, I mean 600 gems for an Alicorn is 20+ Pound for graphics, 100 gems per 1 pound is more realistic. At least if I buy a pc/xbox/psp game you have the full version for 40 pound but with this game it can costs hundreds dare I say thousands of pounds/dollars.

But on topic, S8 please increase gold ticket drops and gold cabbages, I am at level 9 and maybe just maybe this can be my first finished level 10 building.
    Thaaank you. S8 was way different when I started. It's like they lost their way somewhere between customer loyalty (if they ever even had that) & profit. I really like the prizes of this event...i love cute little animals, so Ive stuck around to see it through. I've been glued to the game the whole time. Ive done 8 mystery trades and have 8 gold. All I've gotten is the pink poodle which I acquired on the very first trade I did. Since then Ive only earned enough tickets to do 7 more mystery trades and I even broke down on Day 4 and got the ticket exchange. Yes, S8 could have this be a little more fun, a little less frustrating. And yeah the prices are insane for graphics. A few dollars I understand, $50 is ridiculous. But they can and will get away with it bc we all keep playing and spending the money. The other player you were responding to is exactly why they thrive, bc we are most likely the minority. I refuse to spend money and always will until they get a confirmation button, lower their prices, adhere to their promises (peacock energy drops, light steed gem drops) or at least give more detailed info on what constitutes as "a chance", and I see some customer loyalty. Yes, I do believe they do it on purpose. And even more so this is why Im trying to leave S8 behind. Trying being the operative word here...Ive already quite all other S8 games last year. Played ALL of the simulated versions religiously for 4yrs up until then. But I will eventually succeed... not my fault they had to break out the cute little animals and lure me back b4 I even left. ;}
    Last edited by Jaybeast72; 09-19-17 at 06:42 PM.

Well my plan WAS working, first collection at one hour, got a gold ticket, going in and the game loads, I have learned not to tap or play anything while it loads. So tell me how, while I clicked NOTHING it bought me 30 energy for 50 gems???? And 2 days ago I lost 20 something. I'm all to familiar with the traps and was once a victim all the time. But I play so careful now it almost never happens. But of course I lose 50 during the event and now I don't have enough for 11 skips. 26 gems left I will have to play them out and hope luck is on my side with gold tickets and I get a few gems from videos today, plus I'll do a trade for 5 for tomorrow. But still, I've had bad luck and shrugged it off but to have my account buy something and waste gems without my touching it to me is really wrong and I know there is not even enough time to attempt customer support who does not help on these issues. It's just so disheartening as I posted above all excited with my plan to get the pony and have a day with mystery boxes and all my hard work the past two weeks and I'm feeling pessimistic now

Sorry that while I was positive all the way I now turned due to those traps that I along with others just beg to be removed. All I can say is wish me luck and lots of gold tickets! There was no way I could play more than I did

*just have to say I've adjusted my play so much to avoid traps and I can't remember the last one and I get two during the event? Seems fishy. Especially losing 50 right after posting my plan for the pony tonight and being able to have a full day for mysteries. I'll still get the pony, hopefully sooner than later and I manage to do some mysteries. Done wallowing as it does no good since S8 won't return the gems they took. They will find a way to say I did it. They always do. Now I understand a bit the frustration of others who lost gems during event. Let's show them and get the prizes!!!!

*happy edit. We might be teasing the Baron but apparently he is the only one who loves me right now Haha. Got an Alicorn in his tent
    Last edited by janddolphins; 09-19-17 at 06:38 PM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Host(ess)
    INDRYIA: Yeah, I disagree, too. I earn gems and play consistantly as well. In fact, Ive only ever spent money twice on this game. I've played for 5yrs and I do not have an Alicorn. Lately, it isnt possible to finish without spending an unreasonable amount of of money. It used to be. Many people on this forum are seasoned long-time loyal S8 players. They know what they're doing, so trust me when I say that when a pattern of dissatisfaction develops, it's usually "on the money" (topic-appropriate pun intended, lol). And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe the increasingly, in addition to pre-existing, unethical practices emplyed by S8 for profit. Yeah, they must make money. But company culture also contributes to profits... for example, I've heard players say they've purchased packages during favorable events just to support S8 or bc they we're enjoying themselves and wanted to contribute. This brand image is taken into consideration when customer's prioritize their entertainment spending. And it's easier to throw away $2.99 than it is $14.99. Not to mention those that won't spend out of principle. If we knew are gems we're safe via a confirmation button, we might be more reassured to spend money more frequently rather than sporadically when needed (i.e. during sales even when we didn't per se need the gems). The profit-focused reputation of S8 forgoes potential revenue unknown from a more customer-focused approach, thus they most likely cancel each other out. So yeah, we're all aware they have to make money, yet you're more correct than you know in calling it a "cash cow," bc that is exactly what players are expressing as their brand impression (not good for business). Many businesses manage to succeed both in profit and in customer satisfaction. They are not mutually exclusive. That being said, yes it is a game, it is entertainment. If I go to a restaurant, not only do I not want to pay $900 for my meal (unless it's an exclusive 2yr waitlisted 3 Michelin Star experienced which isnt what I'd exactly compare S8 graphics to...though they may believe they are, lol), I'd expect no more than the standard "table for two" $100, but I also expect that if the Waiter trips and spills my food on the floor that I don't have to still pay for it (i.e. confirmation button/gem loss scenario)... I certainly understand your point, however I hope this helps clarify and put into perspective the viewpoints of those players who feel differently, myself included.

Executive Chef
    Dolphins: I hurt for you. Gem stealing is low and mean. Even more so when you play purposely not to lose gems. I hope you are still able to complete your goals.

Ps: please don't remove Jay's post. I know it's off topic but we just never get to have places to air and discuss real grievances (could we have a thread that allows a discussion on players opinions of S8 perceived treatment of game strategy?)

I usually spend money during events just because I want to and enjoy it. I have not and will not spend anything for this "celebration."

The milks are an absolute slap in the face, as are those toadstool blocks and beams. I don't like the toadstool stuff and am not going to be turning any of my buildings into toad buildings. I have all the babies and don't want more. The throne is simply lame since it hardly drops any coins at all. The dogs' drops were changed and now they're just like every other space hogging, useless animal that go into storage. Two energies is an insult.

I'm just DONE with this event. Ugh.