View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Thanks Huckle, I appreciate it!

Update: I'm still going and will use what I have. 15 gold so I imagine I will make the pony. I'm running the trades only because they are so high. I don't mind so extra wool or dyes, the cabbage is a waste. Have to see if anything is worthwhile in silver out of event, but bronze has some things at least and I don't mind restocking on them. As I said I just have to get over the game stealing from me. I know they won't return, even though I hit nothing, the game's biggest flaw and why they lost money from me. A lot of players say that but clearly they have enough paying big bucks they don't care that they lost some.

Edit: Up to 16, 4 to go! I may just in fact have all day tomorrow for mystery boxes! I'm staying up until I hit 20 lol. Just some medical procedures I can sleep through tomorrow so I don't mind pushing through

As for the actual event and strategy:

Hindsight is 20/20, I realize many of this played this event wrong. It clicked now, just my opinion others may agree or disagree, curious to know what you think.

This is for those who did not buy the ticket booth and our strategy:
    I was holding most of my bronze, doing a few trades a day since there where so many, and I held my silver tickets so once I had the pony I could start doing the mystery exchange. I didn't use any gold as I saved it for my pony.

Now I realize I should have had silver and bronze running constantly for they would have helped level me to 10 faster (still holding my gold) and once I reached 10, several days earlier, my gold would have increased to get the pony. At that point, once I was at 10, those trades were no longer needed unless you were high up and hopefully the pony was in sight. Around day 6 or so we probably would have had the pony and between pony and level 10 with gold coming in we would just be running lots of mystery trades. At least that's how I would do it given a second chance.

Did in fact anyone play this way and if so what day did you get your pony and have you made many mystery exchanges as I imagined?
    Last edited by janddolphins; 09-19-17 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Gold ticket count
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Farm Supplier
    Drop rates for mystery trade are so bad. Wanting an alicorn keep getting thrones or dogs.

@janddolphins
    Anytime i use my gems is in the first few days of the event to get the building as high as i can, as quickly as i can. This particular event I gemmed 2 hats since feathers was my issue near the start.
    Generally the higher level of your building = the better the drops = the more days you have to collect a greater quantity of event items.

I got the pony around day 5, so i was free to do mystery trades after that. My mystery trades haven't been coming along that abundantly though due to low amounts of bronze in my kingdom. I've been doing 2-4 Mystery Box trades a day.
    It's a shame though that the ticket drops were removed from the doggie pets.

Farm Supplier
    OMG I got my 1st full Ali I am so happy from the mystery trade

Fashion Designer
    at this point with how many trades i've done even if I get the alicorn it won't feel very amazing. It's not even luck, it's pure randomness

Executive Chef
    Janddolphins:

I did not get the ticket booth and did not gem:

I ran bronze and silver trades keeping enough of each for 3 mystery trades (just in case I reached 20+ gold). There were some helpful gifts: red thread (3 or 4), wool, blue stones, a couple of cabbages and 1 red hat. I leveled to 10 yesterday morning. Cabbages and wool were the items I waited for.

I stopped running trades after leveling up because I dont want extra event materials so I have over 50 bronze tickets.

I finally got my 20th gold ticket last night and just collected the Pony. Hopefully some gold tickets show up (1 did).

Farm Supplier
    The milks are an absolute slap in the face, as are those toadstool blocks and beams. I don't like the toadstool stuff and am not going to be turning any of my buildings into toad buildings. I have all the babies and don't want more. The throne is simply lame since it hardly drops any coins at all. The dogs' drops were changed and now they're just like every other space hogging, useless animal that go into storage. Two energies is an insult.

Agree!!! A celebration that's not a celebration with those prizes!! I wonder how many got the coveted Ali

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pongkay View Post
    The milks are an absolute slap in the face, as are those toadstool blocks and beams. I don't like the toadstool stuff and am not going to be turning any of my buildings into toad buildings. I have all the babies and don't want more. The throne is simply lame since it hardly drops any coins at all. The dogs' drops were changed and now they're just like every other space hogging, useless animal that go into storage. Two energies is an insult.

Agree!!! A celebration that's not a celebration with those prizes!! I wonder how many got the coveted Ali
    I agree completely, a gold ticket alone is worth 44 gems, so a mystery box should not give milk ,ever, there are so many better prizes it can give, even a trade ticket would be better or give milk as an extra prize but not only 1 milk or 2 energy(1 really as you have to click once to get it )waiting 3 minutes doing nothing gives 1 energy S8 so how can you make it a gift for all the trouble we did???

For those who like to keep track of the drop rates from the mystery box I have received these items so far. 1-Gem, 2-Flyger Milk, 3-Fang Milk, 4-Skunkupine Milk, 5-Tea Cup Poodle, 6-Skunkupine Milk and Throne, 7-Wisp Lantern, 8-Toadstool Beam, 9-Mossy Block, 10-Wisp Lantern, 11-Wisp Lantern, 12-Skunkupine Milk, 13-Throne, 14-Gold Nugget, 15-Flyger Milk, 16-Toadstool Beam, 17-Mossy Block, 18-Skunkupine Milk and Throne, 19-Shih Tzu, 20-Energy, 21-Gem, 22-Throne, 23-Tea Cup Poodle.

I should be able to complete two more mystery trades before the event ends but I am not hopeful that I will receive the Alicorn or even a permit. I did spend gems on the goose and the ticket booth. For me the ticket booth did help out in creating the gold tickets for the pony. Spent only 55 gems this event and getting 7 'pets' was worth it even if some of them will wind up in storage.

Congratulations to all the players who wanted and won the Alicorn. Good luck to those who are still trying for the Alicorn or even the pony.

I got an alicorn!!!!!! My first weekly alicorn! I've been saving up earned gems since last Thanksgiving for this year's Black Friday sale and I reached 420 this week. (I was sidetracked by the gold mine sale, knowing I could earn back its cost in time.) Looks like I should have two come November, then I'm set. So excited. Took a lot of tries and effort the first week upgrading as fast as possible, but thrilled with the outcome. Good luck to everyone else. I hope people can earn them through the booth, hut or ads in the coming month. Hooray!

Next thing I'm saving up for: my first cabbage hut.