View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this Barons birthday event?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

97 27.79%
  • Neutral

105 30.09%
  • Disagree

127 36.39%
  • I didn't participate

3 0.86%
  • I crafted 1/1+ Ugly Goose

248 71.06%
  • I liked the prizes from the trades

46 13.18%
  • I wish trades gave better prizes

285 81.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/7: Baron's 5th Birthday

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerqueen007 View Post
    I knew the mystery box prize would be a disappointment, but I didnt realise I wouldnt get anything, not even a black flag or coins and nothing in my invetory either, what gives? I got nothing, the disappointment doesnt seem to be a mystery
    Force close your game and restart it
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Force close your game and restart it
    First thing I tried, I watched carefully for a black flag because I am maxed on a lot of things, but no, no coins which would also indicate a maxed item, and still only the 55 strawberries as my last inventory item. Oh well I have just got a new cross stitch, I bought it with all the money I saved from not playing the Barons tent game

Edit to add: Second mystery box is a "teacup poodle"
    Last edited by flowerqueen007; 09-11-17 at 07:35 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Can you please explain to me how S8 are justifying this inequity? You didn't "have to remove" the option. You chose to remove the option, which has now created unfairness, upset customers, and more ill will your company cannot afford...
    I agree with this 100%. Looks like I won't be reinstalling my game. Best wishes to those sticking around.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    What did S8 have to lose by having the 25 gem skip? It seems they would like for players to buy and then use gems. Just my 2 cents. Instead this move just caused mistrust and ill will.
    lt takes 30 feathers to craft goose , we have to spend more than 25gems for feathers.. so s8 "loses" when we were able to skip it

But i have a qn. Usually in such goals, when we skip a part, eg f we skip a PART with gem, eg collect 30 feathers/cabbagss etc,we don't usually get the items right?

So i think they didn't mean to give a goose?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    lt takes 30 feathers to craft goose , we have to spend more than 25gems for feathers.. so s8 "loses" when we were able to skip it

But i have a qn. Usually in such goals, when we skip a part, eg f we skip a PART with gem, eg collect 30 feathers/cabbagss etc,we don't usually get the items right?

the goose can be crafted in workshop with 30 feathers, cabbages, and rope. No gems needed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    I think S8 have just increased the ticket drops from the carousel. Just got 5 bronze and 1 silver ticket from a L8 carousel.
    hmmmmm????

do you think maybe they are all out of pink alpaca's or ..... to give as 'sorry prizes'? so ..... token drop increase YAY!!!!! (sigh)

cynical moi? never lol

i haven't looked bcos well it's wings n stuff but the dragon & the alicorn being offered as prizes they are 5th anniversary special versions right? i haven't noticed the puppies before so i'm guessing they are new.

i meant the dragon/alicorn has balloons or the same outfit as the pony???

Bcos even so (a few repaints of old items) how can for just a throw away quest a company get something as well done as the lawyer quest so right & then this..... for a celebration. they shud be proud that people are still loving & playing this little game after 5 years. loving it so much they get upset at problems.

the last couple of times have been problems, bcos no1 expects perfect, S8 have done a bit better, kinda admitted it & changed within the quest (& we all applauded that)

i thought they had maybe employed a PR person bcos my lord they need one. i'm a hard core gamer & all my friends in computer design are also & we do sometimes think a little differently then a more casual player. i see both sides now txs to the INCREDIBLE friends i've made playing this game.

S8 we love this game & you S8 for creating it & bringing it to us, but please seeing thru a players eyes for a moment might help.

bcos you didn't 'have to change the goose gem offer' you chose to & you cud have just left it.

good will is so easy to loose so hard to regain is the sad fact, even more so just before a big black friday sale event (sigh)

thou i'm not terribly sure of the actual point if the goose as a side point mine just spawns fang beasts, which at times might have been useful (just got 50th milk thou & is no hunt on lol) but as ever it's the principal. Fairness/being equal is so important to my phyche it's fundamental to me. When something isn't i can't stop my mind disengaging with whatever it is. i don't want to do that with CS. it wud break my heart.

Karak71, glad you & yours are thru the worst of this weather catastrophe. As a Brit it's hard to comprehend

xxx

apple

Executive Chef

What they did or did not intend is immaterial. The point is they offered a product at a certain price and without warning removed it, stranding customers and creating inequity.

Suppose you go to the grocery store and pick up a steak on sale for $10. You get to the register and suddenly it's not on sale anymore and costs $20. Does that sound okay? No, but it's precisely what S8 has just done.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Rhino Keeper

i think you are 100% right

i don't think they have never done it this way before is always few other steps then you go make the item.

the thing is they made the mistake (not us) the 'loophole' was posted on page one of the forum as a part of the directions to follow in the quest.

they made a mistake & created a loophole that let's say 1/2 of the players used.

deciding to close the loophole 1/2 way thru the quest is the problem not the actual loophole i think, the goose itself is a red herring no???

it just feels a bit mean & petty & i can't see it really was costing S8 anything much. it also showed that even at weekends if is a 'loophole' created that aids players someone answers the bat signal & goes into the office when we have been told so many times on other quests when is a problem on our end that we have to wait till after the weekend. i think that hurt too.

least that's how i'm seeing the problem it isn't the goose itself but how it's been handled (not the goose being picked up i mean the issue (i'm confusing myself with words now - easy to do))

EDIT:
    ops dunno how to delete a post Queenzod just said pretty much the same thing but much more eloquently but we posted at same time (i'd read hers much better)
    Last edited by appppppplecrumble; 09-11-17 at 08:57 PM. Reason: noting i'd made a snap post with Queenzod

Nightclub Owner
    Apple, you asked in your post if the animals offered from the mystery boxes were birthday editions, they're not. It would be cool if they were but it's just the regular white weekly Ali and the regular orange dragon. There's only 3 new items; the Baron's Throne, Shih Tzu, and Tea Cup Poodle.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Apple, you asked in your post if the animals offered from the mystery boxes were birthday editions, they're not. It would be cool if they were but it's just the regular white weekly Ali and the regular orange dragon. There's only 3 new items; the Baron's Throne, Shih Tzu, and Tea Cup Poodle.
    Tx you so much AnnirasSweets for the answer (& so incredibly quick xxx)

i'm actually a bit speechless about that, after the brilliant complex lawyer quest ???

i wasn't impressed much with the idea of them when i assumed they were special editions (like with the barons hut) now i'm ... well ... hmmmm

not sure what to say