Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard 2017 sep 05 : Molten Metals

Executive Chef
    The trick to the leaderboards: you get placed in a league with people that had more or less the amounts of points you had in the previous leaderboards. So, if you want an easy-breezy-leaderbord event: skip 1 or 2 in whole, don't go for the milestones, get as little points as possible. Then, the next boards will be easier and easier.

The harder you try, the harder your opponents will be.

Atleast, that's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    The trick to the leaderboards: you get placed in a league with people that had more or less the amounts of points you had in the previous leaderboards. So, if you want an easy-breezy-leaderbord event: skip 1 or 2 in whole, don't go for the milestones, get as little points as possible. Then, the next boards will be easier and easier.

The harder you try, the harder your opponents will be.

Atleast, that's my theory.
    I would agree with this theory partially. I always see people who have won at least the previous LB in my group so I think it's more the rank than the points from the previous LB.

It's a gamble though since u don't know what the prizes for future LBs will be like. Some are duds, while some have really good prizes
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I would agree with this theory partially. I always see people who have won at least the previous LB in my group so I think it's more the rank than the points from the previous LB.

It's a gamble though since u don't know what the prizes for future LBs will be like. Some are duds, while some have really good prizes
    And in all honesty, players should NOT even have to do something like this to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    And in all honesty, players should NOT even have to do something like this to begin with.
    Yeah, I think Anaboe's theory would be better in practice. If they looked at the actual points total, that would pit even matchups better than comparing ranks. When I look at my potential competitors, while a large majority show signs they won the last LB, beyond the clear level boundaries, the advancement of their forest varies great. Some just wouldn't stand a chance in their latest grouping.

That said, with the wheel as it currently is, the number of points you earned in the last leaderboard isn't really a clear reflection of how advanced your forest is or how frequently you play. If you were in a terribly hard group, you would naturally end up with a higher points tally due to better wheel spins. The new goals for points also adds a new dimension.

Both these features, I think mean there's only really one way to play a Leaderboard. Add the removal of bonus points for unbreedables/eggs in storage, and I find LBs increasingly boring now that more and more people are catching on. Two or three people play through the whole period with the exact same strategy and then there's a silent auction at the very end on who wants the prizes the most to spend gold/food getting it. It actually doesn't actually matter how many nests or evolution chambers you have, or even what kind eggs you had on the nest before the buzzer starts, the wheel guarantees that on the last day you will be within a stones throw distance from the competition, or so far behind the gold infused dust that you shouldn't even try.

On top of that, I noticed the forums are a little quieter than before the competitive elements of Bingo and LB were introduced. Before, the game pretty much pitted the players vs S8 on how little gold you could get away with spending/how hard you were willing to work to avoid spending gold. Everyone on here was helping each other beat the game without spending too much gold since everyone could have a fair chance at the same prize. I think that was what differentiated S8 from all the other mobile gaming companies, and helped make them such a silent but successful story. Now that the competitive player versus player facets are a big part of the game, now players have a reason not to give away game play strategies. You almost want other players to draw down their gold and food reserves since you'd stand a better chance in the next Bingo or LB. I had a neighbor that I think might have figured out some of my strategies based on how I was playing, we ended up going head to head on several LBs and we're not neighbors anymore.

I'm sure a lot of other factors tie in (people giving up after being beaten badly in a round, or spending too much gold without getting a prize in return). Lots of people do still help out in the forum, it's just not what it used to be.
    Last edited by JustKay; 09-08-17 at 07:57 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    The Bronze Dragon powered identical but merely "Rare" to the Blacksmith Dragon that many of us just recently fought a Tournament to win, is a disappointment as choice to feed up. Would have much rather they'd had the Darksteel as the first Milestone Dragon. They just had us feed the Stargazer up to 12, right after having us feed the identically colored Lonestar up to 14. I'd love it if they'd stop crowding the top of my roster with redundant Epic beasts.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

Executive Chef
    ★ I love my current group (: ★

Rank 1 is at 5000 plus and most do not not have sudden jerks in points ~ just good daily efforts for breeding , hatching , evolving (: ★

Executive Chef
    Yay! I just got my Armor Dragon.

Leader of my group is currently at a little over 3,700. I'm going to relax now and let Bronze stay a baby.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Den8137259 View Post
    ★ I love my current group (: ★

Rank 1 is at 5000 plus and most do not not have sudden jerks in points ~ just good daily efforts for breeding , hatching , evolving (: ★
    Last place in my leaderboard is at 5,000. Next to impossible to win! Many spending gold on this one and I wonder why someone boosts every collection and only has 2 nests, one evolution and one breeding den? I would spend gold on those things first. Actually, I have and still only in 5th place. I'm not spending gold on this one... just getting to the milestones and then done.

Executive Chef
    All done with this LB. Managed to hit all milestones but the hurricane is coming and I'm expecting power outages so hopefully I can get some apples out of it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    All done with this LB. Managed to hit all milestones but the hurricane is coming and I'm expecting power outages so hopefully I can get some apples out of it.
    Glad you have completed milestones, do be n stay safe! ★

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast