Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapphire Pony Tournament - September 1

Executive Chef
    Amen E!! Just reached and made it to round 30, so now I'm ready for the SB. Will slowly continue for the Pony, with more than 5 days on the timer that shouldn't be a problem.
    I'm only playing FFS.
    My forest name = Dragon Pool.

Crystal Unicorn @03-2017
    2nd; Sapphire Sphinx @05-17
    3th; Garnet Griffin @08-17
    4th; Pearl Peryton @10-17
    5th; Emerald Dragon @05-18
    6th; Spinel Ravenstag @06-18
    7th; Ruby Razorback @09-18
    8th; Jasper Dragon @03-19
    9th; Obsidian Cyclops @03-19
    10th; Sapphire Cthulhu @06-19
    11th; Valkyrie @08-19
    12th; Topaz Tiger @10-19
    13th; Granite Golem @12-19
    14th; Onyx Direwolf @01-20
    15th; Peridot Phoenix @02-20

Rhino Keeper
    Stuck on round 42 with 6 losses. Dark and lightning don't seem to be working. I might try Thorilla next since lightning is doing slightly better than dark.

Thorilla worked! Yay!
    Last edited by AppleWhite84; 09-06-17 at 08:31 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    Please know I respect your opinion but our perspectives differ on the matter, I've answered this a few times so I'll be brief this time.

1. I don't level to Epic unless an event forces it..so my Grand Uni is lvl 10, my Opal octopus is 8 or 9, etc I haven't battled with a lvl 4 so can't comment on it, but lower level animals do fine if they're the right element.

2. We differ on the importance of rarity as well, as most of us have seen in result posts, a common (basic single element) animal can take down an UR easier than an UR or SR at times.. Again in this game rarity doesn't matter in my opinion.

3. Fatigue. A few say they get fatigue a few don't. I have all my regular arena battles completed, therefore I'm not using the same animals to do battles AND tournaments. Perhaps this would cause fatigue. One long time player said their animal seems to get fatigued at around 50 battles doing both arenas. As you've seen ever tournament, I use the same animals, and many times 3-4 times in a row, with no issues. I sometimes switch to test other animals but I don't hesitate to use one I know is good back to back. My suggestion to those still doing battleground is to NOT do it during a tournament, it's permanent so it'll be right where you left off

4. I don't use the 30 gem nuke, no need. I use skip each round (4 gems) to complete it and share my results with you guys. But as I said in my lengthy post explaining all this, a 30 rd tourney costs 120 gems, say you fail 5x add another 20, now that's 140 (192 in 48 rds) if ppl cap their limit at 200 they're still ahead, you get very far then have 9 more days to complete less than half! So my thinking is, these animals sell for 1000-1500 gems in the shop, I'm getting it for less than 200! And I'm free to enjoy my weekend because I hate cking in every hour..stress free!
    Plus I've found if you're paying to skip through, you do better. Yes I've had fails, they're just rare instead of constant. I put them in my results when they occur.

5. Some of my animals do better than others, some are finicky and rarely go critical while others rarely fail. I've seen this before in battle type games. Now this is speculation because I'm not a dev obviously lol but many devs put in a hidden stat that comes up with the RNG when animal is bred, or activated in to game ie purchases. Like a % of critical hit rate on that animal, which would make some great and some run scared from a fight! lol Example would be my Grand Uni being awesome and yours doesn't want to play, so if I were you I'd try Opal Octopus in that case. Like I said speculation from my testing and not a "fact" divulged by devs because they aren't going to say. Just like we know it's easier to breed an animal needed for SB before and after that SB but extremely hard to breed when SB asks us to. They denied changing % of the needed animal during events but proof is in every SB

My suggestion is go by the element ppl post to win a battle, you pick your best (meaning hits critical like a beast) animal of that element, paying attn to your secondary element that can slam you into neutral and you lose if your second isn't strong or neutral against enemy.

Sorry this post is going beyond "brief" so I'll close it with a summation: you don't have to use epics to win.. 8 and above are good they work for me just fine. Pay attn to elements taking secondary element into consideration, sometimes it won't matter you can have neutral secondary just try not to have a weak one or hope you get very lucky! Skip through as many as you're comfortable with IF you choose, rarity doesn't matter, one of your great battle babies are waiting in the wings to fight and gets passed up due to rarity, test them! You'll find you'll come up with a core battlesquad and use others as needed to test or whatever-everyone plays differently there's no right or wrong way..I'm just explaining MY way lol

My apologies for going long, Ty for reading and most of all GOOD LUCK!

Add: I'm lvl 142, I haven't noticed it being more difficult according to lvl, low levels have common, rare, SR, and UR same as higher level people..I did well in tournaments at a lower level and not having issues now. As I stated above I'm convinced the RNG (random number generator) throws out the % rate that animal will get critical as well as the other categories. Plus I have horrible lag issues which can and does affect everything I do in game, if it lets me stay on to play haha!
    Thanks for your detailed reply. I think we're just trying to express our opinions based on what we experienced. Actually nobody really know how the system (program) works. I am a scientist so I have to trust the principles of probability (which is supposed to be what this game is about). These principles are - using the right element, higher rarity, higher level should give us a higher probability of getting a critical hit.

I play this game with a rigid discipline - I do not spend money and I try not to use gems as much as I can. Planning, time management, and diligence are the three most important factors in this game. So far, I have not had failed any tournament. So why do I complain?

It's because Storm8 threw the probability rules out (as you and other players pointed out). I strictly followed the rules of probability in my main account but used random attacks (lower rarity, lower level, but definitely the right elements) in my secondary account. My secondary still does well (although I played more casually - not doing very hour). My main account does much better. However, I am not sure if science gets an upper hand, if I take the diligence factor out (I saw many of my Epic Ultra Rare animals failing often). In the end, "LUCK" plays the most important factor, which takes the challenge out of the game from my perspective. Good "luck" everyone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    Please know I respect your opinion but our perspectives differ on the matter, I've answered this a few times so I'll be brief this time.

1. I don't level to Epic unless an event forces it..so my Grand Uni is lvl 10, my Opal octopus is 8 or 9, etc I haven't battled with a lvl 4 so can't comment on it, but lower level animals do fine if they're the right element.

2. We differ on the importance of rarity as well, as most of us have seen in result posts, a common (basic single element) animal can take down an UR easier than an UR or SR at times.. Again in this game rarity doesn't matter in my opinion.

3. Fatigue. A few say they get fatigue a few don't. I have all my regular arena battles completed, therefore I'm not using the same animals to do battles AND tournaments. Perhaps this would cause fatigue. One long time player said their animal seems to get fatigued at around 50 battles doing both arenas. As you've seen ever tournament, I use the same animals, and many times 3-4 times in a row, with no issues. I sometimes switch to test other animals but I don't hesitate to use one I know is good back to back. My suggestion to those still doing battleground is to NOT do it during a tournament, it's permanent so it'll be right where you left off

4. I don't use the 30 gem nuke, no need. I use skip each round (4 gems) to complete it and share my results with you guys. But as I said in my lengthy post explaining all this, a 30 rd tourney costs 120 gems, say you fail 5x add another 20, now that's 140 (192 in 48 rds) if ppl cap their limit at 200 they're still ahead, you get very far then have 9 more days to complete less than half! So my thinking is, these animals sell for 1000-1500 gems in the shop, I'm getting it for less than 200! And I'm free to enjoy my weekend because I hate cking in every hour..stress free!
    Plus I've found if you're paying to skip through, you do better. Yes I've had fails, they're just rare instead of constant. I put them in my results when they occur.

5. Some of my animals do better than others, some are finicky and rarely go critical while others rarely fail. I've seen this before in battle type games. Now this is speculation because I'm not a dev obviously lol but many devs put in a hidden stat that comes up with the RNG when animal is bred, or activated in to game ie purchases. Like a % of critical hit rate on that animal, which would make some great and some run scared from a fight! lol Example would be my Grand Uni being awesome and yours doesn't want to play, so if I were you I'd try Opal Octopus in that case. Like I said speculation from my testing and not a "fact" divulged by devs because they aren't going to say. Just like we know it's easier to breed an animal needed for SB before and after that SB but extremely hard to breed when SB asks us to. They denied changing % of the needed animal during events but proof is in every SB

My suggestion is go by the element ppl post to win a battle, you pick your best (meaning hits critical like a beast) animal of that element, paying attn to your secondary element that can slam you into neutral and you lose if your second isn't strong or neutral against enemy.

Sorry this post is going beyond "brief" so I'll close it with a summation: you don't have to use epics to win.. 8 and above are good they work for me just fine. Pay attn to elements taking secondary element into consideration, sometimes it won't matter you can have neutral secondary just try not to have a weak one or hope you get very lucky! Skip through as many as you're comfortable with IF you choose, rarity doesn't matter, one of your great battle babies are waiting in the wings to fight and gets passed up due to rarity, test them! You'll find you'll come up with a core battlesquad and use others as needed to test or whatever-everyone plays differently there's no right or wrong way..I'm just explaining MY way lol

My apologies for going long, Ty for reading and most of all GOOD LUCK!

Add: I'm lvl 142, I haven't noticed it being more difficult according to lvl, low levels have common, rare, SR, and UR same as higher level people..I did well in tournaments at a lower level and not having issues now. As I stated above I'm convinced the RNG (random number generator) throws out the % rate that animal will get critical as well as the other categories. Plus I have horrible lag issues which can and does affect everything I do in game, if it lets me stay on to play haha!
    Ditto!

Banned
    I'm struggling a bit this tournament, even using the suggested fighters. One thing I have been seeing that is unusual for me is that I will have an animal throw a weak attack, and then the next attack using that same type of attack will be critical, or vice versa (critical, then weak). I know this happens sometimes, but it has been happening to me quite a bit this time around. Also, if it helps anyone else, I just got done being stuck on round 23, Granite Golem, but using my Cursed Rose, fire attack.

Executive Chef
    24 fails on round 31 Cold Turkey. Any other suggestions besides nature?
    I'm only playing FFS.

Crystal Unicorn @03-2017
    11th; Valkyrie @08-19
    12th; Topaz Tiger @10-19

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AppieP View Post
    24 fails on round 31 Cold Turkey. Any other suggestions besides nature?
    I used my C. U. lev 15 first hit critical , strong, and strong good luck

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by supster50 View Post
    I used my C. U. lev 15 first hit critical , strong, and strong good luck
    Thanks, but tried that with no success. But finally got him with Peamoth. Turkey is roasted!!
    I'm only playing FFS.

Crystal Unicorn @03-2017
    11th; Valkyrie @08-19
    12th; Topaz Tiger @10-19

Rhino Keeper
    I wish they would do away with tournaments. They are nothing but stressful and impossible.

Been stuck on Pearl Perython for ages now. Maybe a whole day. She is one tough nut to crack!
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795