Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapphire Pony Tournament - September 1

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you everyone for posting your tips! I usually try to battle it out on my own (mostly because I didn't know these tips were here!), but during a storybook tournament it's awesome to get any help you can.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    I understand what you meant. Many players had good results with PawPaw. It raised PawPaw to Level 15 (from Level 13) to fight. It did not work for me. I tried 3 times and never got a critical hit. I don't know if I like to give it another chance as I have so many SR/UR Epic animals with the Nature element to chose from. It's all about LUCK. Hope you all have a good luck with it.
    Actually, my Pawpaw Bear in the secondary account worked in my first try. It's only Level 10. My Level 15 Pawpaw in my main account is useless in four tries. Again, it's all about luck. It doesn't make probability sense.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm beginning to think it's all really just random, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    Fantasy, bbhome, poofyena, Myst, mylipsaresealed, alohatami, greytmom, Vitale, and Applewhite (hope I didn't miss anyone) you're very welcome! Glad some of you are having as much success with PawPaw for nature as I did! Not every animal I use are epic, some are 10 and a few are lower.. The correct element is most important! There's nothing wrong with trying the same animal you failed with again, if it's good in battle it's a higher chance it won't fail again, as you see in my results I use the same animals over and over. Good luck everyone!

PS sapphire does look strange with same color gems all over her body, I lol'd at the wart comment because that was my first thought, however I'm thinking this one may be better than aquamarine in battles, aquamarine fails more than hits for me
    Thank you for posting your results. Your results in most cases are quite useful. The question I have (the same question I asked before) is whether the animal gets fatigued if we use it repeatedly (consecutively). Yours (including some other players') results do not suggest fatigue is a factor. Unfortunately, I do not have any luck with using the same fighter consecutively. For example, in your posting Grand Unicorn is a great fighter for you. I counted you used it successfully for 11 times, many of them 3-4 times in a row. I tried to do it in two cases but I couldn't even make it work in the second time. Actually, I didn't give up after one fail. I stopped after 2-3 tries. I wonder if you also experienced the same. Perhaps you kept trying by skipping with gems. I never used gems in the tournament so I'm very careful in selecting the next fighter after a failed trial because one-hour is a long wait. Again, I don't think anyone has an answer. After all, it's all about luck after you do everything right (with right element, high rarity, high level, etc). Another observation is Storm8 makes the tournament more difficult for high-level players. High-level players may have more powerful fighters so Storm8 programmed to disable these Epic Ultra Rare fighters. I am a Level 200 player. My secondary account (at Level 40) has mostly Level 10-12 Super Rare fighters. They are as good (or better than) as the Epic Ultra Rare animals in the main account. What can I say?

Rhino Keeper
    Success everyone who's still in battle! Just got the pony, but I'll wait till WE to hatch it. Hope that there will be a new habitat

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    Thank you for posting your results. Your results in most cases are quite useful. The question I have (the same question I asked before) is whether the animal gets fatigued if we use it repeatedly (consecutively). Yours (including some other players') results do not suggest fatigue is a factor. Unfortunately, I do not have any luck with using the same fighter consecutively. For example, in your posting Grand Unicorn is a great fighter for you. I counted you used it successfully for 11 times, many of them 3-4 times in a row. I tried to do it in two cases but I couldn't even make it work in the second time. Actually, I didn't give up after one fail. I stopped after 2-3 tries. I wonder if you also experienced the same. Perhaps you kept trying by skipping with gems. I never used gems in the tournament so I'm very careful in selecting the next fighter after a failed trial because one-hour is a long wait. Again, I don't think anyone has an answer. After all, it's all about luck after you do everything right (with right element, high rarity, high level, etc). Another observation is Storm8 makes the tournament more difficult for high-level players. High-level players may have more powerful fighters so Storm8 programmed to disable these Epic Ultra Rare fighters. I am a Level 200 player. My secondary account (at Level 40) has mostly Level 10-12 Super Rare fighters. They are as good (or better than) as the Epic Ultra Rare animals in the main account. What can I say?
    Please know I respect your opinion but our perspectives differ on the matter, I've answered this a few times so I'll be brief this time.

1. I don't level to Epic unless an event forces it..so my Grand Uni is lvl 10, my Opal octopus is 8 or 9, etc I haven't battled with a lvl 4 so can't comment on it, but lower level animals do fine if they're the right element.

2. We differ on the importance of rarity as well, as most of us have seen in result posts, a common (basic single element) animal can take down an UR easier than an UR or SR at times.. Again in this game rarity doesn't matter in my opinion.

3. Fatigue. A few say they get fatigue a few don't. I have all my regular arena battles completed, therefore I'm not using the same animals to do battles AND tournaments. Perhaps this would cause fatigue. One long time player said their animal seems to get fatigued at around 50 battles doing both arenas. As you've seen ever tournament, I use the same animals, and many times 3-4 times in a row, with no issues. I sometimes switch to test other animals but I don't hesitate to use one I know is good back to back. My suggestion to those still doing battleground is to NOT do it during a tournament, it's permanent so it'll be right where you left off

4. I don't use the 30 gem nuke, no need. I use skip each round (4 gems) to complete it and share my results with you guys. But as I said in my lengthy post explaining all this, a 30 rd tourney costs 120 gems, say you fail 5x add another 20, now that's 140 (192 in 48 rds) if ppl cap their limit at 200 they're still ahead, you get very far then have 9 more days to complete less than half! So my thinking is, these animals sell for 1000-1500 gems in the shop, I'm getting it for less than 200! And I'm free to enjoy my weekend because I hate cking in every hour..stress free!
    Plus I've found if you're paying to skip through, you do better. Yes I've had fails, they're just rare instead of constant. I put them in my results when they occur.

5. Some of my animals do better than others, some are finicky and rarely go critical while others rarely fail. I've seen this before in battle type games. Now this is speculation because I'm not a dev obviously lol but many devs put in a hidden stat that comes up with the RNG when animal is bred, or activated in to game ie purchases. Like a % of critical hit rate on that animal, which would make some great and some run scared from a fight! lol Example would be my Grand Uni being awesome and yours doesn't want to play, so if I were you I'd try Opal Octopus in that case. Like I said speculation from my testing and not a "fact" divulged by devs because they aren't going to say. Just like we know it's easier to breed an animal needed for SB before and after that SB but extremely hard to breed when SB asks us to. They denied changing % of the needed animal during events but proof is in every SB

My suggestion is go by the element ppl post to win a battle, you pick your best (meaning hits critical like a beast) animal of that element, paying attn to your secondary element that can slam you into neutral and you lose if your second isn't strong or neutral against enemy.

Sorry this post is going beyond "brief" so I'll close it with a summation: you don't have to use epics to win.. 8 and above are good they work for me just fine. Pay attn to elements taking secondary element into consideration, sometimes it won't matter you can have neutral secondary just try not to have a weak one or hope you get very lucky! Skip through as many as you're comfortable with IF you choose, rarity doesn't matter, one of your great battle babies are waiting in the wings to fight and gets passed up due to rarity, test them! You'll find you'll come up with a core battlesquad and use others as needed to test or whatever-everyone plays differently there's no right or wrong way..I'm just explaining MY way lol

My apologies for going long, Ty for reading and most of all GOOD LUCK!

Add: I'm lvl 142, I haven't noticed it being more difficult according to lvl, low levels have common, rare, SR, and UR same as higher level people..I did well in tournaments at a lower level and not having issues now. As I stated above I'm convinced the RNG (random number generator) throws out the % rate that animal will get critical as well as the other categories. Plus I have horrible lag issues which can and does affect everything I do in game, if it lets me stay on to play haha!
    Last edited by Eluzyion; 09-05-17 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    Please know I respect your opinion but our perspectives differ on the matter, I've answered this a few times so I'll be brief this time.

1. I don't level to Epic unless an event forces it..so my Grand Uni is lvl 10, my Opal octopus is 8 or 9, etc I haven't battled with a lvl 4 so can't comment on it, but lower level animals do fine if they're the right element.

2. We differ on the importance of rarity as well, as most of us have seen in result posts, a common (basic single element) animal can take down an UR easier than an UR or SR at times.. Again in this game rarity doesn't matter in my opinion.

3. Fatigue. A few say they get fatigue a few don't. I have all my regular arena battles completed, therefore I'm not using the same animals to do battles AND tournaments. Perhaps this would cause fatigue. One long time player said their animal seems to get fatigued at around 50 battles doing both arenas. As you've seen ever tournament, I use the same animals, and many times 3-4 times in a row, with no issues. I sometimes switch to test other animals but I don't hesitate to use one I know is good back to back. My suggestion to those still doing battleground is to NOT do it during a tournament, it's permanent so it'll be right where you left off

4. I don't use the 30 gem nuke, no need. I use skip each round (4 gems) to complete it and share my results with you guys. But as I said in my lengthy post explaining all this, a 30 rd tourney costs 120 gems, say you fail 5x add another 20, now that's 140 (192 in 48 rds) if ppl cap their limit at 200 they're still ahead, you get very far then have 9 more days to complete less than half! So my thinking is, these animals sell for 1000-1500 gems in the shop, I'm getting it for less than 200! And I'm free to enjoy my weekend because I hate cking in every hour..stress free!
    Plus I've found if you're paying to skip through, you do better. Yes I've had fails, they're just rare instead of constant. I put them in my results when they occur.

5. Some of my animals do better than others, some are finicky and rarely go critical while others rarely fail. I've seen this before in battle type games. Now this is speculation because I'm not a dev obviously lol but many devs put in a hidden stat that comes up with the RNG when animal is bred, or activated in to game ie purchases. Like a % of critical hit rate on that animal, which would make some great and some run scared from a fight! lol Example would be my Grand Uni being awesome and yours doesn't want to play, so if I were you I'd try Opal Octopus in that case. Like I said speculation from my testing and not a "fact" divulged by devs because they aren't going to say. Just like we know it's easier to breed an animal needed for SB before and after that SB but extremely hard to breed when SB asks us to. They denied changing % of the needed animal during events but proof is in every SB

My suggestion is go by the element ppl post to win a battle, you pick your best (meaning hits critical like a beast) animal of that element, paying attn to your secondary element that can slam you into neutral and you lose if your second isn't strong or neutral against enemy.

Sorry this post is going beyond "brief" so I'll close it with a summation: you don't have to use epics to win.. 8 and above are good they work for me just fine. Pay attn to elements taking secondary element into consideration, sometimes it won't matter you can have neutral secondary just try not to have a weak one or hope you get very lucky! Skip through as many as you're comfortable with IF you choose, rarity doesn't matter, one of your great battle babies are waiting in the wings to fight and gets passed up due to rarity, test them! You'll find you'll come up with a core battlesquad and use others as needed to test or whatever-everyone plays differently there's no right or wrong way..I'm just explaining MY way lol

My apologies for going long, Ty for reading and most of all GOOD LUCK!

Add: I'm lvl 142, I haven't noticed it being more difficult according to lvl, low levels have common, rare, SR, and UR same as higher level people..I did well in tournaments at a lower level and not having issues now. As I stated above I'm convinced the RNG (random number generator) throws out the % rate that animal will get critical as well as the other categories. Plus I have horrible lag issues which can and does affect everything I do in game, if it lets me stay on to play haha!
    I cannot believe I have read it all lol. That is so helpful!!

Fashion Designer
    This is just my opinion and what happens to me but I find I have less fails when I pay the 4 gems and skip ahead. It's like getting on a roll, one round after another with no fails for several rounds. This is just what I have noticed happens to me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Callyvitale19 View Post
    This is just my opinion and what happens to me but I find I have less fails when I pay the 4 gems and skip ahead. It's like getting on a roll, one round after another with no fails for several rounds. This is just what I have noticed happens to me.
    Yep! It helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Callyvitale19 View Post
    I feel the same way! It definitely helps..

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast