Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapphire Pony Tournament - September 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Been stuck on Pearl Perython for ages now. Maybe a whole day. She is one tough nut to crack!
    That was the one that gave me the most trouble. My Thorilla finally took her down. Feels like such a huge victory when you finally beat that one tough opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Callyvitale19 View Post
    This is just my opinion and what happens to me but I find I have less fails when I pay the 4 gems and skip ahead. It's like getting on a roll, one round after another with no fails for several rounds. This is just what I have noticed happens to me.
    I've actually had the opposite experience. I spent soooo many gems on the last tournament trying for Peridot. It seemed that every time I spent, I lost, over and over. I felt like such a chump! And no Peridot to even show for it! But many of you are saying it's worked well for you, that's good to hear.

And now on this tournament I've had a MINIMUM of 5 defeats on EVERY level except the first. Have kinda given up on Sapphire since I'm currently stuck on just level 21... but determined to at least get to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    In the end, "LUCK" plays the most important factor, which takes the challenge out of the game from my perspective.
    I agree completely. The strength/weakness relationships (that I've worked hard to both research and document) are really not any more reliable than the random critical hits that come from neutral foes IMO. However from my experience playing other games for multiple years, I've seen devs go back and fourth adjusting the odds as usage changes. I would think the same is true here. Would be nice to see it swing a bit towards "more s****, less luck."

Regardless, I simply love the fanciful assortment of colorful creatures and constant events and happenings in this game, so I'm in it until I max my expansions and habitats to the hilt... which will be a long, long time from now!!

Rhino Keeper
    Finally finished 48 rounds with 51 losses. Lost the last round 7 times lol. Good luck to everyone else!

New Resident
    I'm stuck on level 15, been trying!!
    Any suggestions?

Executive Chef
    So very angry just now. I have been stuck on round 23 for 3 days now! Ahhhhhhhh

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sandygin View Post
    I wish they would do away with tournaments. They are nothing but stressful and impossible.
    Hate, hate, hate tournaments.

Rhino Keeper
    An interesting discussion going on regarding LUCK versus STRATEGY. My own experience is that I use the same animals and the same strategies for every tournament and some I do well and others I struggle to complete. There is no consistency or logic for the disparity. I have to assume that the game is tweaked for each event.

Executive Chef
    I have a feeling that after round 30 the opponent are harder to beat.
    I'm only playing FFS.
    My forest name = Dragon Pool.

Crystal Unicorn @03-2017
    2nd; Sapphire Sphinx @05-17
    3th; Garnet Griffin @08-17
    4th; Pearl Peryton @10-17
    5th; Emerald Dragon @05-18
    6th; Spinel Ravenstag @06-18
    7th; Ruby Razorback @09-18
    8th; Jasper Dragon @03-19
    9th; Obsidian Cyclops @03-19
    10th; Sapphire Cthulhu @06-19